Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 06:29 AM

1,876 posts, read 2,391,702 times

Advertisements

Though its often neglected, but one of the eternal truthes of the Gospel of God, and one in which paul preached in his gospel, is that of the non imputation of sin towards the chosen, the elect, the church or Gods world..2 cor 5:

19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Not imputing their [the elect world, the church] their trespasses unto them..

Another key verse is rom 4:

7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Wow He wont impute sin nor will He impute trespasses of certain people..

This basically means, God will not take them unto account against them..

The reason being, is That God purposed to punish Jesus christ their surety for their sins and transgressions..

isa 53:

5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed [not the serpents seed], he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many [not all the world]; for he shall bear their [the many] iniquities.

God never ever purposed to punish the chosen for their sins, but Jesus christ for them..for they had been reckoned His sins by God..

This purpose never changed or fluctuated in the Divine Mind..God is not doubleminded like we are, but He stickes to His purpose..

job 23:

But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

For it was His pleasure to bruise Jesus christ for their sins and not them isa 53:

10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief

It didnt please the Father to punish the elect, never has and never will..

So when did God decide to impute the sins of the elect to Jesus christ and not to impute their sins unto them ?

What did paul have in mind when he preached this glorious doctrine to the corinthians ?

Remember, 2 cor 5 19 is Just as much part of the gospel message paul preached to the corinthians as 1 cor 15:3-4 is..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2009, 08:59 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
God never ever purposed to punish the chosen for their sins, but Jesus christ for them..for they had been reckoned His sins by God..
Luke 13:3: "But except ye repent, ye shall likewise perish"

Or does the word, "perish" mean something like temporary separation from God and then eventual restoration? The twisting of Biblical verses by UR's is truly breaththaking!

Old 06-26-2009, 09:03 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,993 times
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Luke 19:10

the same word in Greek as perish

btw, perish doesn't mean to everlastingly live in hell? - English is not my mother tonque though it rather seems to mean to die.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:20 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
Luke 19:10

the same word in Greek as perish

btw, perish doesn't mean to everlastingly live in hell? - English is not my mother tonque though it rather seems to mean to die.
We playing the "lexicon game" again?

Perish- Greek word "apollumi" It means: to destroy, to put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin, render useless, to kill, to declare that one must be put to death, to be lost, ruined, destroyed, to destroy, to lose

Old 06-26-2009, 09:26 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,334,993 times
Quote:
I borrowed this from those who defend everlasting torment against annihilationism, I admit I feel uncomfortable that we universalists use the very same arguments as the teachers of everlasting torment, this can backfire, but both for the teachers of everlasting torment and universalism.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:39 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,903,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

Perish- Greek word "apollumi" It means: to destroy, to put out of the way entirely, abolish, put an end to ruin, render useless, to kill, to declare that one must be put to death, to be lost, ruined, destroyed, to destroy, to lose
We don't need a lexicon. We can just look at scripture.
  • Jesus came to save that which was apollumi. (Matthew 18:11)
  • The prodigal son was apollumi and dead but then his Father had mercy on him and he came back to life after he repented from within a state of being apollumi
  • Which of you will not leave 99 sheep to go find the one which is apollumi until he find it?
  • Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was apollumi
  • I am not sent but unto the apollumi (past tense) sheep of the house of Israel

Old 06-26-2009, 11:54 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post

Jesus said destroy this temple and i will raise it again in three days.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:55 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
15:9 And when she hath found [it], she calleth [her] friends and [her] neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.

15:10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
The Greek, apolwlos for lost is associated by Jesus with repentance. Thus, one is temporarily lost until they are found (repent) If repentance does not occur, that person is permanently lost.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
The Greek, apolwlos for lost is associated by Jesus with repentance. Thus, one is temporarily lost until they are found (repent) If repentance does not occur, that person is permanently lost.
When Jesus finds you my friend you repent . The church as got it wrong we did not find Jesus, He found us.

When Jesus comes looking He finds .

Perverse and foolish oft i strayed
but yet in love He sought me
and gently on His shoulders laid
and home rejoicing brought me.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:54 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Without holiness, no man shall see the Lord. Be ye holy, for He is holy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity