Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:52 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,392,115 times

Advertisements

Jn 3

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jesus here is introducing to a very religous man, one steep in jewish tradition and beliefs, he believing that the nation of ethnic jews were the only ones who were the objects of Gods Love.

Jesus was correcting that misguided tradition and saying, No Nicky, For God so Loves the world, that is, men and women outside of national israel.. That Gods love was not the exclusive privilege confined to the Jewish people. The middle wall of partition must be broken down.

eph 2:11-20

11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; [House of Israel]

20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

This is in esscence what Jesus was insinuating to nicodemus..

Jn 10 16

16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Notice, Jesus says I have other sheep, not will have, but already have, even though they arent yet converted to him..

I have is present tense, but shall hear is future tense..

This is why Jesus emphasis was on the world jn 3 17

17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world [ jew/gentile] through him might be saved.

6:

33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

There is a elect world composed of not only jews but also gentiles that Jesus saved.. Matt 1:

21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people [Jew and gentiles] from their sins.

There is a world of elect, jews and gentile, that Jesus gives [not offer or make available] life to..

Jesus is announcing that there is no more national distinction or difference on New Covenant grounds, so under the new covenant, The House of Israel and of Judah in heb 8:8-13

8For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
13In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Again under the New Covenant, though God is still dealing with a distinct and particular people [ House of Israel/seed of abraham] That particualr people is composed of every ethnic group of people..and not exclusively jewish..

And this is the world Jesus christ refers to as the object of Gods Love in Jn 3 16..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 12:56 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,695 times
So.........what? You're trying to make the case that the whole world is saved?

Old 08-10-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
So.........what? You're trying to make the case that the whole world is saved?
No, only the elect [of the world] are saved..and why dont you address the scriptures instead of runnung from them..

Old 08-10-2009, 02:31 PM

Default jn 3:16 cont

The arminians and universalist tell us [which is not true ] That God loves everybody, but what saith the scripture ?

ps 7:

11God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

The wicked here is obviously them whom God is not propitiated towards as He is to the elect world 1 jn 2:

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

God is not angry towards them everyday, whom Jesus christ has paid for their sins and propiated God in their behalf..

God is not angry at any whose sins are gone by the blood of Jesus christ..

propitiation is through Gods Love..1 jn 4:

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

So, the wicked in ps 7 11 are not Loved by God, or He would not be angry with them everyday..

mal 1:

4Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever.

edom is easu..and remember what scripture says about their proginator easu rom 9:

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

This hate for that people will never change..easu represents the non elect, the seed of the devil..they are never Loved by god but objects of His Indignation forever..

so in light of this scripture truth, how can God Love everybody ?

is Love to all mankind found in this inspired statement ?

ps 37:

22For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off. cp Matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

ps 5:

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

how can God love everyone, all mankind and hate the workers of Iniquity ?

For certain God doesnt hate the elect while they are sinners, for that would contradict rom 5:

8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

So the elect as unregenerated sinners, and the workers of iniquity in ps 5 5 are two different groups of people, one group God Loves as sinners rom 5 8 and the other group He hates as sinners ps 5 5..

So those teaching Gods love to all mankind are preaching [ against the Truth] and against the bible as i have proven..

Old 08-10-2009, 02:35 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,034,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
No, only the elect [of the world] are saved..and why dont you address the scriptures instead of runnung from them..
Beloved the elect are the chosen. There is a group chosen. Just like in the Old Covenant. The Levites were chosen. The Levites had to be chosen before the administration to the rest of the Isrealites. This is just how it is happening in the New Covenant also. See the former is an aid to understanding the latter.

Paul

Old 08-10-2009, 02:36 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
Psalm 145
8 The LORD is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and rich in love.
9 The LORD is good to all;
he has compassion on all he has made.

10 All you have made will praise you, O LORD;
your saints will extol you.

17 The LORD is righteous in all his ways
and loving toward all he has made.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
The arminians and universalist tell us [which is not true ] That God loves everybody, but what saith the scripture ?

ps 7:

11God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

The wicked here is obviously them whom God is not propitiated towards as He is to the elect world 1 jn 2:

2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

God is not angry towards them everyday, whom Jesus christ has paid for their sins and propiated God in their behalf..

God is not angry at any whose sins are gone by the blood of Jesus christ..

propitiation is through Gods Love..1 jn 4:

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

So, the wicked in ps 7 11 are not Loved by God, or He would not be angry with them everyday..

mal 1:

4Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever.

edom is easu..and remember what scripture says about their proginator easu rom 9:

13As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

This hate for that people will never change..easu represents the non elect, the seed of the devil..they are never Loved by god but objects of His Indignation forever..

so in light of this scripture truth, how can God Love everybody ?

is Love to all mankind found in this inspired statement ?

ps 37:

22For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off. cp Matt 25:

41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

ps 5:

5The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.

how can God love everyone, all mankind and hate the workers of Iniquity ?

For certain God doesnt hate the elect while they are sinners, for that would contradict rom 5:

8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

So the elect as unregenerated sinners, and the workers of iniquity in ps 5 5 are two different groups of people, one group God Loves as sinners rom 5 8 and the other group He hates as sinners ps 5 5..

So those teaching Gods love to all mankind are preaching [ against the Truth] and against the bible as i have proven..
God's IS love and God's hates with Love and destroys sin with righteousness and death with life.

God shall save EVERYONE. There is nobody that God is unable to save or unwilling to save. In fact SALVATION was PURPOSED for all and that purpose shall prevail. There cannot be sinners for the rest of eternity because Jesus came to destroy the works of the Devil which is SIN.

Paul

Old 08-10-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
God's IS love and God's hates with Love
lol you make your mouth say anything, as long as it rejects truth..

Old 08-10-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
lol you make your mouth say anything, as long as it rejects truth..
1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

God's hate can only be Love. So if God hates someone it can only be working Good toward that person.

Paul

Old 08-10-2009, 03:20 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,071,695 times
Quote:

Because, to be honest, you've posted a fairly lengthy passage. I wanted to know what your point was so I can see if you're reading the passage correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity