Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 04:05 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,633,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
You really need the Pope to tell you that?
Yes. Then we know it's true as opposed to protestants thinking or hoping something is true but never really knowing for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 04:12 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
And lest he forget that those in the Catholic Churches and the Vatican who turned their heads and transferred child molestors....will have a special place in Hell more then likely. No this is not to blast the Catholic faith, but it sure is true.
When the Pope issues a warning as that, what makes you think it exempts the clergy?

Hell's for all and sundry. Like Heaven.

All this catholic hate is just appalling <thumbs down>

Old 06-29-2009, 04:13 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,773 times
Quote:
And lest he forget that those in the Catholic Churches and the Vatican who turned their heads and transferred child molestors....will have a special place in Hell more then likely. No this is not to blast the Catholic faith, but it sure is true.
Anyone who would do that to a child sure deserves a special place in my opinion too. Popes and priests sure arent excluded. (though i bet thier percentage rate is pretty darn low)

Old 06-29-2009, 04:17 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiegirlfriend View Post
This is about the most idiotic post I have ever read! The Catholic Church never changes its position on Faith and Morals. It has been that way since Christ commissioned His Church. Why don't you do some serious research before you open your mouth and insert your foot in it any farther. You know nothing of which you speak. You can learn all kinds of things on the internet and it is so much faster than going to school.
It has never changed its position on faith and morals? Apparently I am the uneducated one. Under what pretense of morality was the Spanish Inquisition done under? Did corrupt Popes such as Saint Leo X, Saint Gregory VII, Victor III, Urban II, Eugenius III, Gregory X, Innocent V, Saint Celestine V, Benedict XI, Urban V, Saint Pius V, Pius IX, and Saint Pius X - all of whom were responsible for some of the most egregious mass murdering, calculated corruption, extortion of human beings, and self-appointed nobility hold the morals of the Catholic Church in place? It would seem so to me. And most of those are canonized Popes. Lest I not forget about the truly awful ones such as Pope Boniface VIII, Sixtus IV, Stephen VI, John XII, Alexander VI, Leo X, Clement VII. These guys would give Osama Bin Laden a run for his money.

Never changed its stance on faith? It took them three hundred years to finally admit the Earth wasn't flat! The Catholic Church is, to this day, a genocidal, barbaric institution that will stop at nothing to protect its image from the face of the world it sought to conquer for so many hundreds of years. The current Pope, as recently as several months ago, unleashed a tirade of lies on his trip to Africa about how condoms do not prevent AIDS.

He is as egregiously and horrendously horrible and scrofulous as the whole of the organization has been throughout history. I'm sorry if you don't like history or fail to actually understand the parts that might hurt your feelings. But the fact remains that the Catholic Church is an organization lambasted in history and present day as a refuge for murderers, pedophiles and disinformation tactics that could only best be described as intellectual subterfuge in order to best try and sway people's money and dreams into their ever-enlargening real estate business.

I'd rather spit on the Pope than shake his hand.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:18 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,435,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
When the Pope issues a warning as that, what makes you think it exempts the clergy?

Hell's for all and sundry. Like Heaven.

All this catholic hate is just appalling <thumbs down>
First of all I don't hate Catholics. I find it appalling when ANY religion turns their heads and lets horrible things keep occuring.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
It has never changed its position on faith and morals? Apparently I am the uneducated one. Under what pretense of morality was the Spanish Inquisition done under? Did corrupt Popes such as Saint Leo X, Saint Gregory VII, Victor III, Urban II, Eugenius III, Gregory X, Innocent V, Saint Celestine V, Benedict XI, Urban V, Saint Pius V, Pius IX, and Saint Pius X - all of whom were responsible for some of the most egregious mass murdering, calculated corruption, extortion of human beings, and self-appointed nobility hold the morals of the Catholic Church in place? It would seem so to me.

Never changed its stance on faith? It took them three hundred years to finally admit the Earth wasn't flat! The Catholic Church is, to this day, a genocidal, barbaric institution that will stop at nothing to protect its image from the face of the world it sought to conquer for so many hundreds of years. The current Pope, as recently as several months ago, unleashed a tirade of lies on his trip to Africa about how condoms do not prevent AIDS.

He is as egregiously and horrendously horrible and scrofulous as the whole of the organization has been throughout history. I'm sorry if you don't like history or fail to actually understand the parts that might hurt your feelings. But the fact remains that the Catholic Church is an organization lambasted in history and present day as a refuge for murderers, pedophiles and disinformation tactics that could only best be described as intellectual subterfuge in order to best try and sway people's money and dreams into their ever-enlargening real estate business.

Big deal, we already know our history

Take a chill pill and some for your friends.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:25 PM

1,139 posts, read 1,775,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
It has never changed its position on faith and morals? Apparently I am the uneducated one. Under what pretense of morality was the Spanish Inquisition done under? Did corrupt Popes such as Saint Leo X, Saint Gregory VII, Victor III, Urban II, Eugenius III, Gregory X, Innocent V, Saint Celestine V, Benedict XI, Urban V, Saint Pius V, Pius IX, and Saint Pius X - all of whom were responsible for some of the most egregious mass murdering, calculated corruption, extortion of human beings, and self-appointed nobility hold the morals of the Catholic Church in place? It would seem so to me.

What does that have to what the church teaches, I'm not saying previous popes haven't done horrible things, they have. They're human. It happens. But that does not reflect what the church teaching on morals.

And what the heck does the Earth being flat have to do with faith, NOTHING. And it never was doctrine. Doctrine is NEVER changed.

I don't know whats wrong with you, but you need to take a deep breath, and relax.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:26 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Big deal, we already know our history
Apparently, some of you don't...

Old 06-29-2009, 04:27 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Hell is eternal. Jesus laid down a righteous, holy and narrow road for us to walk after receiving His blessed free gift of salvation. He told the woman taken in adultery, "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more." (John 8:11) This has always been God's message: no sin. God cannot look upon sin.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
First of all I don't hate Catholics. I find it appalling when ANY religion turns their heads and lets horrible things keep occuring.
The world's infested with good people and bad people. Catholicism has nothing to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity