Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 01:15 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,837,906 times

Advertisements

I aologize that some have taken offence to my sarcasim. I do believe that we all tolerate alot in this world but I do not wish that anyone should be killed.

I will not claim any Christian excuse for the offence but I will offer a few Biblical quotes;

Love the Lord your God with all you heart soul and mind.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

Thou shalt no kill.

You shall know them by their fruit.

Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 01:27 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,435,061 times
Apology accepted. IN this season of Lent, let us rejoice in a Savior who does not forgive begrudgingly, but lavishes us with His perfect grace and forgiveness!

Old 03-22-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
Apology accepted. IN this season of Lent, let us rejoice in a Savior who does not forgive begrudgingly, but lavishes us with His perfect grace and forgiveness!
Thank you.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:11 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,738,929 times
While I would hope your apology is sincere, I do believe that actions speak much louder than words.

I just find it very telling that you are, once again, in this position of having to apologize for hurtful and divisive speech.

Just something to think about.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:20 PM

4,607 posts, read 6,435,061 times
Matthew 18:21-22 (New International Version)

21Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?"

22Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times." [a]

Footnote:

a. Matthew 18:22 Or seventy times seven

Old 03-22-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
While I would hope your apology is sincere, I do believe that actions speak much louder than words.

I just find it very telling that you are, once again, in this position of having to apologize for hurtful and divisive speech.

Just something to think about.
You do realize that I am apologizing for somthing that happened before my initial apology so I was basically revamping my apology.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:43 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You do realize that I am apologizing for somthing that happened before my initial apology so I was basically revamping my apology.
No disrespect, but you do realize RobinD that an apology is only good if it is sincerely meant and true, makes no difference what religion or culture you're from. In order for this apology to mean something you're going to have to sincerely mean it and change the way that you interact with others and then in time we shall see just how sincere your apology really is.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:21 PM

310 posts, read 589,639 times
Interestingly enough, if you read what he actually says, he's not sorry for making homophobic statements, he's only "apologizing" for hurt feelings. Kind of like a child apologizing to their mom for getting caught in the cookie jar. The kid isn't sorry for eating cookies, he's sorry for getting caught. So it doesn't seem to me as if he's sorry for hate-speech against gays, just sorry he's being called out on it so much. If he was truly sorry for his offensive cooments he'd state it plainly rather than continuing to tapdance around it while still going on about "tolerance".

Time will tell.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:38 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I aologize that some have taken offence to my sarcasim. I do believe that we all tolerate alot in this world but I do not wish that anyone should be killed.

I will not claim any Christian excuse for the offence but I will offer a few Biblical quotes;

Love the Lord your God with all you heart soul and mind.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

Thou shalt no kill.

You shall know them by their fruit.

Enjoy.
Robin, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. You know that these "people" (I use that word loosely) live to harass and try to make you feel bad, don't you? It's straight from the devil so my advice is to be who you are, say what you want to say and make no apologies for speaking the truth of God's Word.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:53 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,184,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Robin, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. You know that these "people" (I use that word loosely) live to harass and try to make you feel bad, don't you? It's straight from the devil so my advice is to be who you are, say what you want to say and make no apologies for speaking the truth of God's Word.
Ditto.

I've seen hard feelings develop from OPs that I saw nothing wrong with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity