Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 11:44 PM
juj juj started this thread

1,657 posts, read 2,634,956 times

Advertisements

Pope: Bone Fragments Found in Tomb Are Paul's - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Very interesting article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2009, 11:55 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,744,052 times
Great news, indeed

Can't wait for the brigade to moan in on this one.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:04 AM

Oldest known portrait of Saint Paul is here.

Oldest known portrait of St Paul revealed by Vatican archaeologists - Times Online

Old 06-29-2009, 08:25 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,766,800 times
you catholics crack me up. Paintings of a Hebrew looking like a European. Typical of your warped mindset coming from the greek. You will probably be looking for a Messiah with long straight hair, van dyke beard and blue eyes.....good luck with that. These men were Hebrews and Jewish, they didn't look anything like the portrayals of that pagan church. Look at your pope....he wears the hat gleaned from dagon the fish god....pagan to the core as is much of what you people believe and teach. And you celebrate Ishtar (easter) another pagan festival. But I"m not your judge, that will come later from the ONLY judge who can make your fate known....the ONE and ONLY Elohim

Old 06-29-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
you catholics crack me up. Paintings of a Hebrew looking like a European. Typical of your warped mindset coming from the greek. You will probably be looking for a Messiah with long straight hair, van dyke beard and blue eyes.....good luck with that. These men were Hebrews and Jewish, they didn't look anything like the portrayals of that pagan church. Look at your pope....he wears the hat gleaned from dagon the fish god....pagan to the core as is much of what you people believe and teach. And you celebrate Ishtar (easter) another pagan festival. But I"m not your judge, that will come later from the ONLY judge who can make your fate known....the ONE and ONLY Elohim
I too laugh sometimes at how right we have it. Sorry your on the outside looking in. The door is always open, though.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:01 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,766,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
Great news, indeed

Can't wait for the brigade to moan in on this one.
I'm trying to figure out your mindset and I haven't yet. Can you elaborate on what you mean here?

Old 06-29-2009, 10:06 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,766,356 times
Well, my first thought is, "Great, some more rotten flesh for people to worship."

My first thought as I read the article was, "Paul was not a Roman Catholic."

If he were here today to see and hear all this, he would be horrified.

As recorded in the book of Acts, anytime someone tried to worship one of the Apostles, they were quickly told not to.

Last edited by Luvvarkansas; 06-29-2009 at 10:54 AM..

Old 06-29-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I'm trying to figure out your mindset and I haven't yet. Can you elaborate on what you mean here?

I swear I'm innocent of crime. It's all juj's fault

Brigade noun

1. Group of people afflicted with apoplectic fits of schizo-frenzy at the very utterance of the God word, anything Biblical and un-darwin. To them, this is called logic. It's an age old mental condition, can only be cured by colossal doctors. It tends to deteriorate with age when the idle mind is the devil's workshop.
2. Group of people who enter St. Vitus dance at the very utterance of the word Catholic, but tend to pipe down or even reconcile with the G word, as long as it does not conflict with other G words of other faiths.
3. Group of people who very much enter into the same St. Vitus dance, but at least stand by the Catholics in the monopoly of the G word, but still believe Babylon exists on the world map, and harlots don't wear revealing or voluptuous outfits, but long cassocks, funny hats and are iconoholics.
4. Group of distinct people who never figure in any of the above and are still waiting for a definition in this dictionary.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post

I swear I'm innocent of crime. It's all juj's fault

Brigade noun

1. Group of people afflicted with apoplectic fits of schizo-frenzy at the very utterance of the God word, anything Biblical and un-darwin. To them, this is called logic. It's an age old mental condition, can only be cured by colossal doctors. It tends to deteriorate with age when the idle mind is the devil's workshop.
2. Group of people who enter St. Vitus dance at the very utterance of the word Catholic, but tend to pipe down or even reconcile with the G word, as long as it does not conflict with other G words of other faiths.
3. Group of people who very much enter into the same St. Vitus dance, but at least stand by the Catholics in the monopoly of the G word, but still believe Babylon exists on the world map, and harlots don't wear revealing or voluptuous outfits, but long cassocks, funny hats and are iconoholics.
4. Group of distinct people who never figure in any of the above and are still waiting for a definition in this dictionary.
Thanks a lot, Colossus. Way to stick up for me. lol. And the salvos begin.

For the brigade: "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." - Shakespeare

Old 06-29-2009, 12:28 PM

193 posts, read 289,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
My first thought as I read the article was, "Paul was not a Roman Catholic."

If he were here today to see and hear all this, he would be horrified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity