Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 AM

433 posts, read 964,495 times

Advertisements

Let's assume that there is a God.
Why do you think that the God of christianity is the real God and the God of muslims or other religions are not real?

simply stating that the bible says so is not a good reason in my opinion because the books of other religions say so about their Gods also.

I'm interested in finding out the logic or rational behind this. Have you ever considered the possibility?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 07:50 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evidence-is-key View Post
Why do you think that the God of christianity is the real God and the God of muslims or other religions are not real?

simply stating that the bible says so is not a good reason in my opinion because the books of other religions say so about their Gods also.

I'm interested in finding out the logic or rational behind this. Have you ever considered the possibility?
Quote:
Have you ever considered the possibility?
Yes I have. So we shall leave this to the Judge of all to determine the hearts of man. We are called to love one another, as our brothers and sisters, and proclaim to good news of the Kingdom. Nothing more, and nothing less. If you choose not to believe, well, I still love you no matter what. May your days be blessed and many, and may your family be in good health. In His Name we pray, amen!

Old 07-08-2009, 07:52 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,947,319 times
Quote:

Upon salvation, Jesus healed an unhealthy looking skin spot on my shoulder. Then, He pulled me out of sin that only His power could do. Also, I have witnessed many others receiving miracles, including the healing of AIDS. Jesus said that He would confirm His Word, and He does not lie.

Seek, and ye shall find. Jesus is the Tree of Life.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:03 AM

1,859 posts, read 5,029,075 times
Quote:

Of course I've considered the possibility, Christianity is about faith, and w/faith comes doubts, so I have quesitoned it at various times.

However, Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life, no one comes to the Father except through me." You either believe Him or you don't, he's either who he claimed to be - the son of God - or a madman who lost his mind. If you don't believe that, you can hope that one of the other religion's gods are the way to salvation, but it can't be both.

Also, only Jesus predicted the way he would die, then died and rose from the grave (again, you have to have faith to believe this, you can choose not too, but I choose based on what I've seen in my life following Christ's example and on research I've done about the event both from the Bible and outside sources to believe it). Mohammed didn't do that, Buddha didn't, Joseph Smith didn't either. Death is the ultimate equalizer, it plays no favorites, 100% of people die, so for Jesus to claim and back up all that He said and then to be resurrected from the dead, not to mention he died for something He didn't deserve, leaves me trusting & believing that Christianity is the only way to really have a relationship w/God.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:04 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
I don't .I don't believe there is one true religion.

I believe in eternal life , which is not about going to heaven one day.

John chapter 10 verse 10

Jesus said i have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly

John chapter 17 verse 3

Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:07 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times
Quote:

Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship. We experience God everyday, it's something we can't explain. No religion can make that claim.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:10 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,037,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship. We experience God everyday, it's something we can't explain. No religion can make that claim.
No it's not, it's a religion. If it wasn't the one true religion, what would be the point of believing in it?

Old 07-08-2009, 08:13 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,571,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
No it's not, it's a religion. If it wasn't the one true religion, what would be the point of believing in it?
We don't believe in it for believing sake. The bible is CLEAR, none of us believe unless He reveals Himself to us. God ALLOWS us to believe, He allows us to see when we were born spiritually blind.

Do you know any religion that says the same or comes close to that?

Old 07-08-2009, 08:13 AM

433 posts, read 964,495 times
Will anyone answer my question directly please?

i'm looking to hear reasons that you have. as mentioned before, all religions claim that their God is the one and only God.

i'm interested in learning the reasoning (specifically) behind you believing your religion and thinking that all other religions (and their Gods) are wrong/fake.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:16 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
I can't answer that because i do not belong to a religion , i belong to God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity