Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 04:41 PM

692 posts, read 375,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinguy2009 View Post
Why didn't Jesus (or the Jewish God for that matter) reveal himself to the Indians - or to other indigenous peoples in Australia, Africa, Asia?

Did the Indians that died before white people came all go to Hell?
RESPONSE: If you believe the "only Jesus saves claim" probably.

However, if you are a bit more reality oriented, probably not.

Incidentally, Jesus was never in American, China, Australia, etc, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 06:54 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
RESPONSE: If you believe the "only Jesus saves claim" probably.

However, if you are a bit more reality oriented, probably not.

Incidentally, Jesus was never in American, China, Australia, etc, etc.

You *might* be right. But His Spirit was and many of the tribes knew Him. Men cannot put Him in a box and say "stay" with any hope of success in that endeavor, no matter how much they might try. Peace

Old 03-04-2017, 08:24 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Who says He has, outside of the Gospels?
Errrr...It is a prime tenant of the LDS church

Old 03-04-2017, 08:34 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You *might* be right. But His Spirit was and many of the tribes knew Him. Men cannot put Him in a box and say "stay" with any hope of success in that endeavor, no matter how much they might try. Peace
What record do we have of Jesus (or the Holy Spirit of the Bible), revealing Himself to native or indigenous peoples?
My point is they cannot be judged by the Bible per sé.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
What record do we have of Jesus (or the Holy Spirit of the Bible), revealing Himself to native or indigenous peoples?
My point is they cannot be judged by the Bible per sé.

Get a copy of the book written in the 1800's called The Ghost Dance Religion and the Sioux Outbreak of 1890. Peace

Old 03-05-2017, 07:59 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Errrr...It is a prime tenant of the LDS church
Close. I believe you meant to say "tenet." Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:15 AM

1,146 posts, read 648,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
... and what is the 'good news' (gospel) but about the good news about God's kingdom - Daniel 2:44; Matthew 24:14.
As the kingdom of England is a real government, and the kingdom of Jordan is a real government, the kingdom of God is also a real government with Jesus as king (president) of God's government for a thousand years - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26
So, proclaiming the good news about God's kingdom - Acts 1:8 - is about Earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:10-11
Jesus will have earthly subjects under God's kingdom - Psalm 72:8, 12-14; Proverbs 2:21-22.

We are nearing the soon coming ' time of separation' on Earth when Jesus, as Shepherd, will separate people on Earth.
Those considered as righteous ones - Matthew 25:31-33,37 - will have the opportunity to continue living on Earth right into the start of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governing over Earth, or over earthly subjects of God's kingdom government.
You are partly right about the Kingdom of God. and partly incomplete......

The redemption of man as predicted in the Tanakh (Protestant old testament (*) is of two parts. Jesus referred to these two parts during His ministry.

Basically the two parts consist of salvation (Christ's first visit to Earth) and redemption (Christ's second visit to Earth).

I call the first visit salvation, but the reader can assign any term desired to the first visit. Christ announced the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven, which was an internal thing. It is promoted by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the outward demonstration of baptism. The only organization involved is the union or gathering of belivers to worship and fellowship. It is basically non-political.

The second coming of Christ, according to Daniel & Revelation, is to establish a political influence upon the earth. All of the references in the quoted post above refer to the qualities of the political visit. It's important to note that contrary to secular belief, the world does not end when Jesus' returns to earth. There's a lot of thrashing around all over the world, but it does not end.

The second coming provides the link between the inner devotion to Christ and the outer response to political rule.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
(*)Neither Jewish scholarship/tradition nor Protestant cannon recognize the books/works of the Roman Catholic aprocrypha. Tanakh and Protestant OT are in agreement albeit arranged in different order. Roman Catholic additions are not recognized by either Jews or Protestants. One might safely assume Jesus didn't recognize them either since neither He nor any of the Apostles ever quoted them.

Old 03-07-2017, 09:10 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
You are partly right about the Kingdom of God. and partly incomplete......

The redemption of man as predicted in the Tanakh (Protestant old testament (*) is of two parts. Jesus referred to these two parts during His ministry.

Basically the two parts consist of salvation (Christ's first visit to Earth) and redemption (Christ's second visit to Earth).

I call the first visit salvation, but the reader can assign any term desired to the first visit. Christ announced the coming of the Kingdom of Heaven, which was an internal thing. It is promoted by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit and the outward demonstration of baptism. The only organization involved is the union or gathering of belivers to worship and fellowship. It is basically non-political.

The second coming of Christ, according to Daniel & Revelation, is to establish a political influence upon the earth. All of the references in the quoted post above refer to the qualities of the political visit. It's important to note that contrary to secular belief, the world does not end when Jesus' returns to earth. There's a lot of thrashing around all over the world, but it does not end.

The second coming provides the link between the inner devotion to Christ and the outer response to political rule.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
(*)Neither Jewish scholarship/tradition nor Protestant cannon recognize the books/works of the Roman Catholic aprocrypha. Tanakh and Protestant OT are in agreement albeit arranged in different order. Roman Catholic additions are not recognized by either Jews or Protestants. One might safely assume Jesus didn't recognize them either since neither He nor any of the Apostles ever quoted them.
I like both these posts . thank you guys !
so the only wars is from those who want to make it about themselves and refuse to bend their knee and submit their nations to his rule and so they will fight him. I haven't decided if a resurrection means death is emptied with it's contents. which might mean lots of the wars is with stuff men couldn't really fight anyway. and that is when they will wished they had been "saved" from it . but the emptying of death might not happen until the end of the thousand years. But because of this verse I don't know if it is also emptied before the thousand years .

Rev 9:6
During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.

all I know for sure is something about Life or Death and our ideas about it has been changed before this verse happened .

Old 03-07-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
I like both these posts . thank you guys !
so the only wars is from those who want to make it about themselves and refuse to bend their knee and submit their nations to his rule and so they will fight him. I haven't decided if a resurrection means death is emptied with it's contents. which might mean lots of the wars is with stuff men couldn't really fight anyway. and that is when they will wished they had been "saved" from it . but the emptying of death might not happen until the end of the thousand years. But because of this verse I don't know if it is also emptied before the thousand years .

Rev 9:6
During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.
all I know for sure is something about Life or Death and our ideas about it has been changed before this verse happened .

I think the key here is that it's not literal death they are seeking, but to die to self, which they didn't do when they had the chance (before being cast out into the outer court/outer darkness) from the inner court/Pentecost realm, and they see what they COULD have had. Peace

Old 03-07-2017, 11:17 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I think the key here is that it's not literal death they are seeking, but to die to self, which they didn't do when they had the chance (before being cast out into the outer court/outer darkness) from the inner court/Pentecost realm, and they see what they COULD have had. Peace
that is interesting rbbi1 but I think we all have a lot of surprises about even what Life is and what death might be..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity