Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2018, 01:59 PM

28 posts, read 11,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinguy2009 View Post
Why didn't Jesus (or the Jewish God for that matter) reveal himself to the Indians - or to other indigenous peoples in Australia, Africa, Asia?

Did the Indians that died before white people came all go to Hell?
Jesus was sent only to the house of Israel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 02:14 PM

23,178 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _000_ View Post
That verse isn't speaking of Jews, Jesus is speaking of the lost house of Israel known as the kingdom of Ephraim that was destroyed 700 years before Jesus was born. There were many from the house of Israel who came over to Judah but they were not Jews just as Paul was not a Jew, Paul had become a Jew but his people were of the house of Israel, not the house of Judah, and it was the promise to the house of Israel that Messiah came offering a betrothal to, not the house of Judah.

Jesus didn't come offering a betrothal to a Jew to become a Jew. Jesus didn't offer a Jew a betrothal to be redeemed into Israel, they were already Israel.

Jesus came offering a betrothal that Hosea 2 had promised to Gentiles, NOT JEWS.

The betrothal is FROM JUDAH, and this betrothal is Gentiles marrying Jews to become one with Jews.

The house of Israel is not Judah.
The house of Israel were NEVER Jews.
The house of Israel created their own religion, Judah stayed with God.

The house of Israel willingly became Gentiles,'' Not my people,'' when they rejected the religion of God in their desparate attempt to separate themselves from the Jews of Judah, and these people became Judah's enemy in allying with other nations several times against Judah.

The house of Israel was completely different people than the house of Judah because they had rejected the Torah from the very first king of Israel named,'' Jeroboam.'' This rejection of God's religion and their creation of their own religion lasted 300 years.......Two nations with two different religions living side by side for 300 years where the house of Israel would be against God because the Jews followed God, sound familiar?

This first king of the house of Israel said in his heart,'' If I let these people keep the feasts of God in Jerusalem, then my people will revert to the king of Judah and I will lose my kingdom.'' 1 Kings.

The house of Israel is known as the prodigal nation and it is this nation that Jesus tells us about in the prodigal son.

The son who stays home is Judah, and Judah has naver left God's ways all this time, Jesus is gelling us the history of the two kingdoms, God's two sons.

Unfortunately, if you don't already know the history and the differences in these two people, you are going to missunderstand very much scripture.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:53 PM

28 posts, read 11,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That verse isn't speaking of Jews, Jesus is speaking of the lost house of Israel known as the kingdom of Ephraim that was destroyed 700 years before Jesus was born. There were many from the house of Israel who came over to Judah but they were not Jews just as Paul was not a Jew, Paul had become a Jew but his people were of the house of Israel, not the house of Judah, and it was the promise to the house of Israel that Messiah came offering a betrothal to, not the house of Judah.

Jesus didn't come offering a betrothal to a Jew to become a Jew. Jesus didn't offer a Jew a betrothal to be redeemed into Israel, they were already Israel.

Jesus came offering a betrothal that Hosea 2 had promised to Gentiles, NOT JEWS.

The betrothal is FROM JUDAH, and this betrothal is Gentiles marrying Jews to become one with Jews.

The house of Israel is not Judah.
The house of Israel were NEVER Jews.
The house of Israel created their own religion, Judah stayed with God.

The house of Israel willingly became Gentiles,'' Not my people,'' when they rejected the religion of God in their desparate attempt to separate themselves from the Jews of Judah, and these people became Judah's enemy in allying with other nations several times against Judah.

The house of Israel was completely different people than the house of Judah because they had rejected the Torah from the very first king of Israel named,'' Jeroboam.'' This rejection of God's religion and their creation of their own religion lasted 300 years.......Two nations with two different religions living side by side for 300 years where the house of Israel would be against God because the Jews followed God, sound familiar?

This first king of the house of Israel said in his heart,'' If I let these people keep the feasts of God in Jerusalem, then my people will revert to the king of Judah and I will lose my kingdom.'' 1 Kings.

The house of Israel is known as the prodigal nation and it is this nation that Jesus tells us about in the prodigal son.

The son who stays home is Judah, and Judah has naver left God's ways all this time, Jesus is gelling us the history of the two kingdoms, God's two sons.

Unfortunately, if you don't already know the history and the differences in these two people, you are going to missunderstand very much scripture.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:48 PM

23,178 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _000_ View Post
Again, the house of Israel is not the Jews of Judah, it's like saying that the Assyrians were the same people as the Egyptians. There were two kingdoms of Israel, do you know this?

The people of the house of Israel were never Jews under David, they were for the most part grafted and adopted just as the two sons of Joseph were adopted into Israel.

The house of Israel is under the name of Joseph in the land of Joseph under the inheritance of Joseph that almost rivaled the blessings and promises of David. The house of Israel is Joseph and the house of Judah is David, and Joseph picked up and left David.

The tribes of Joseph under the names of Joseph's two sons just about had civil war finding out which one would rule and Ephraim won this long strung out struggle and so the kingdom was called,'' The Kingdom of Ephraim.''

The kingdom of Ephraim is the ten lost tribes in the Northern kingdom that lasted 300 years until God ended their kingdom.

You are always reading about these people thinking that you are reading about Jews when it isn't.

For instance, Elijah was sent against the kingdom of Ephraim known as the house of Israel and everyone reads those stories thinking that they were written about Jews, but they were completely different people in a different religion that rejected the laws of Moses, and the Sabbaths and feasts of God in their desire to separate FROM JEWS.

Elijah and John the Baptist have no issues or missions to a Jew, their specific mission is to bring people to the religion of God that Judah keeps in Jerusalem.

The mission of John the Baptist was ONLY to Gentiles, and his mission was to be the friend of the bridegroom who offered a betrothal to Gentiles to marry a Jew.

This has ZERO to do with Jews, but anyone who doesn't know the history gets seriously confused because they read Romans thinking it is speaking of Jews when it is not, along with many other scriptures.

If you don't know the history and the difference between two different nations, you are going to get seriously confused and again, thinking that the house of Israel is the house of Judah is just like saying that an Egyptian is an Assyrian, not the same people, not the same religion.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:49 PM

2,673 posts, read 2,237,467 times
Quote:
Why didn't Jesus (or the Jewish God for that matter) reveal himself to the Indians - or to other indigenous peoples in Australia, Africa, Asia?

Read the Bible. This question is answered therein.

But... just for curiousity... how do you know that God didn't reveal himself to the Indians in some way? On the other hand, was it really necessary for it to happen in the first place?

Old 12-02-2018, 07:10 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Hell is a pagan myth. Every one dies and goes to the grave or Sheol or hades. They will receive the good news when they are resurrected.
Ironmaw was one of my favorite posters back in the day. Is she still around?

Old 12-02-2018, 07:16 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,392,424 times
Quote:

According to many Christians, yes. Anyone who didn't get baptized and 'saved' went to hell. Even if they never had the opportunity to learn. Says a lot about their religion right there.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:52 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Why didn't Jesus talk to Native Americans?

Jesus did. He used missionaries to take the bible to all the world and many missionaries came to Native Americans and did just that. Thousands of conversions.

We are Jesus' voice, hands and feet in this world. Jesus instructed his followers to tell all the nations of the good news.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:47 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,579,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
How do you know the Creator did not reveal Himself? If anything, perhaps we will discover that they are among those who have been given a greater clarity.
peace,
sparrow
From what I know, I think this is very possible. To me it's very spiritual but non religious. Which is more my bag. Religion in my opinion is man-made to control people. Especially poor people and women.

Old 12-03-2018, 06:06 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Why didn't Jesus talk to Native Americans?

Jesus did. He used missionaries to take the bible to all the world and many missionaries came to Native Americans and did just that. Thousands of conversions.

We are Jesus' voice, hands and feet in this world. Jesus instructed his followers to tell all the nations of the good news.
I know what they did to the Native Americans, it's not all peaches and cream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity