Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 06:16 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times

Advertisements

Be thankful that christ dies for all our sins for get pride for what you do or others have domne in what I believe.Never brag about what you have doen or what you have given ;do in i9nsedcret so just you and the lord knows. As the bible says to will be richlu reward in heaven.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:38 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNick View Post
Ted, respectfully, what is wrong with you? I'm sick of your posts of you being ashamed of being one. So please take you negative attitude, and take it somewhere else. Just go and make another anti-catholic thread, and leave this one alone.
A) I am not ashamed at being a Catholic, I am ashamed of what the hierarchy has done to our Church, and I am also not to fond of those that try to cover up the hierarchy"s sins (institutional sin)

B) I have never made an anti Catholic statement in my life, that would be a contradiction to what I believe.

Old 07-18-2009, 06:45 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times
I think the priests, sisters and students from Catholic schools that journey to Fort Bennings Georgia to protest and ask for the closing of the "School of The Americas" is also something to be very proud of.

" We routinely had Latin American students at the School of the Americas (SOA) who were known human rights abusers, and it didn't make any difference to us."
School of Americas

from the article

When they return to their home countries, graduates of the SOA hold a rather unique and peculiar view of their countrymen. They look upon priests, social workers, journalists, and liberal intellectuals, not as assets to their societies, but as dangerous subversives, working to undermine the system that keeps these soldiers, army officers, and their sponsors in power.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:08 PM

27 posts, read 39,567 times
And moreover, the title of this thread and the spirit of it contains one of the things the Lord God hates...... PRIDE!!

That's strike one.

Old 07-18-2009, 08:36 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
The opening post was filled with inaccuracies, there are many things to be proud about, no one has to resort to false information. I think what I posted about the accomplishments of the sisters in America is a fine example of things to be proud of.
From what I can tell you seem to be proud only when they do something Left-wing or against Catholic tradition. You proud of teaching missions of the "Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist" or the work "Sisters of Life" do with pregnant women or women who had abortions? Or Mother Angelica?

Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist - Our History (http://www.sistersofmary.org/article.php?id=119 - broken link)
Sisters of Life | About Us (http://sistersoflife.org/aboutus.html - broken link)

Old 07-19-2009, 01:01 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,632,914 times
Quote:
A) I am not ashamed at being a Catholic, I am ashamed of what the hierarchy has done to our Church, and I am also not to fond of those that try to cover up the hierarchy"s sins (institutional sin)

B) I have never made an anti Catholic statement in my life, that would be a contradiction to what I believe.
You're kidding me, right?

Old 07-19-2009, 01:02 AM
juj

Quote:
Originally Posted by {Ukiaon} View Post
And moreover, the title of this thread and the spirit of it contains one of the things the Lord God hates...... PRIDE!!

That's strike one.
I take great pride in my incredible accuracy in calling Ted anti-Catholic.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:04 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
I don't know if Ted is precisely anti-Catholic or self-loathing Catholic.

From what I can tell Ted is one of those Catholics who believes in the "Spirit of Vatican II" or possibly what Wikipedia calls the "Aggiornamento", but opposes anything that predates or contradicts those things. (Like many of the actual documents of Vatican II itself) People like this tend to support things like Call to Action, DignityUSA, and/or Liberation theology. They admire people like Charles Curran and Hans Kung while disagreeing with what most Popes or Doctors of the Church have to say on anything. From this perspective Catholicism is essentially about social justice and cultural aspects of the laity. So things like obedience, sin, apostolic succession, tradition, etc are uninteresting at best.

So he is pro-Catholic in the way say blogger Andrew Sullivan or Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi are pro-Catholic.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:12 AM
juj

Quote:

Ah, but I am ashamed that your Catholic.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:43 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,570 times
No, I disagree with being ashamed that someone else is Catholic. I mean if someone still calls themselves Catholic (lapsed...non-practicing...etc...) that means they still see something beautiful there, much better than 'recovering'. I think a lot of times it's when we are far from the Church we feel the greatest sense of yearning for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity