Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 05:03 AM

110 posts, read 159,018 times

Advertisements

Everything I Think and I am Sorry (standard Phrase):

I want to teach you all how you go to heaven. I think that there are at least five prerequisites for entering heaven.

1. First you must be attached to a Church that has got the seven sacraments and use them in a proper way. Christ established all of the seven sacraments, and every church that has not got seven sacraments, but for example, 6, or 8, or 2, denies simply the Word of God, or a Church that has the 7 sacraments, but tells that there are only 2 sacraments necessery for salvation (Anglicanism), I believe the Churches that uses the 7 sacraments in a proper way are:
1. Catholicism (at least: Roman Catholic Church and Eastern Catholic Churches)
2. Eastern Orthodox
3. Oriental Orthodox.
2. You must have had the Sacrament of the Baptism
3. You must have had the Sacrament of the Confirmation
4. You must have had the Sacrament of the Penance
5. You must have had the Sacrament of the Eucharist.

What do you all think about these five points, agree? Don´t Agree? Why? Why not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 05:20 AM

1,491 posts, read 3,122,296 times
There is but one prerequisite for getting into heaven and that is accepting Christ as our personal Savior, period.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:38 AM

352 posts, read 554,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West. View Post
Everything I Think and I am Sorry (standard Phrase):

I want to teach you all how you go to heaven. I think that there are at least five prerequisites for entering heaven.

1. First you must be attached to a Church that has got the seven sacraments and use them in a proper way. Christ established all of the seven sacraments, and every church that has not got seven sacraments, but for example, 6, or 8, or 2, denies simply the Word of God, or a Church that has the 7 sacraments, but tells that there are only 2 sacraments necessery for salvation (Anglicanism), I believe the Churches that uses the 7 sacraments in a proper way are:
1. Catholicism (at least: Roman Catholic Church and Eastern Catholic Churches)
2. Eastern Orthodox
3. Oriental Orthodox.
2. You must have had the Sacrament of the Baptism
3. You must have had the Sacrament of the Confirmation
4. You must have had the Sacrament of the Penance
5. You must have had the Sacrament of the Eucharist.

What do you all think about these five points, agree? Don´t Agree? Why? Why not?
Though you have the right to your own beliefs, I must disagree with you Turan; one of the main themes of the New Testament was that salvation wasn't earned through works (ie the 5 sacraments you put above), but through faith and love in Jesus Christ. The best example of this can be found in the thief who was crucified with Jesus; that man hadn't observed any of these sacraments and hadn't lived a godly life in the least, but Jesus told him that his Belief in Him would allow him to go to paradise. Faith is all that matters because its the only thing we can offer back to God that holds any real weight, our willingness to choose Him over all else.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
Though you have the right to your own beliefs, I must disagree with you Turan; one of the main themes of the New Testament was that salvation wasn't earned through works (ie the 5 sacraments you put above), but through faith and love in Jesus Christ. The best example of this can be found in the thief who was crucified with Jesus; that man hadn't observed any of these sacraments and hadn't lived a godly life in the least, but Jesus told him that his Belief in Him would allow him to go to paradise. Faith is all that matters because its the only thing we can offer back to God that holds any real weight, our willingness to choose Him over all else.
Salvation depends on 4 sacraments (there are exceptions) and first of all you must be attached to a Church that has got the 7 sacraments and uses them in the right/proper way, that are the Catholics and the Orthodox.

Ofcourse you must take all of the 4 sacraments, with Hope, Faith and Love. That is logical. And if you truly repent, than you will also look after your sins, you will try not to sin to much, etc..

E.I.T.A.I.A.S.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero777 View Post
If that was true, than what about this:

The Sacrament of Penance: John 20:21-23

21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you.” 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you withhold forgiveness from any, it is withheld.”

E.I.T.A.I.A.S.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:36 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,726,558 times
Wow, that's some requirement list.

But for me, Christ met all my requirements on my behalf. I look forward to living with Him one day.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:56 AM

23,030 posts, read 34,456,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlemur View Post
There is but one prerequisite for getting into heaven and that is accepting Christ as our personal Savior, period.
AMEN! It isn't difficult.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:06 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,659,670 times
Amen, amen! VegasGrace and ILNC...it's a free gift, not as a result of works that no man can boast. Christ did all the work and we just put our faith and trust in what He did on the Christ because he loves us so...

Old 09-29-2008, 07:39 AM

23,030 posts, read 34,456,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodpoint View Post
Amen, amen! VegasGrace and ILNC...it's a free gift, not as a result of works that no man can boast. Christ did all the work and we just put our faith and trust in what He did on the Christ because he loves us so...
Correct!!!! There is only ONE prerequisite for Heaven....JESUS.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:57 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,218,758 times
"It is finished."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity