Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 07:13 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post
I believe in One God who has revealed himself to us in different ways at different times. I also believe Jesus was both human and Divine. But I still also believe in this life it will always be a mystery to us......the more someone seems to 'have it all figured out' and the less humble they are....the less I think they understand. I refuse to get into arguments over the Godhead for that reason though.

I don't believe there is a 'heavenly panel'.

KJV And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh:

It doesn't say he will pour out a spirit or the spirit refering to another......God said he would pour out his very own spirit.

Also, I've heard strong debate as to wether John 5:7 is inspired or if it was added later by the RCC. It doesn't change my beliefs, but I've read this. Maybe someone else has seen this.
I can see the correlation to God and the Holy spirit being ONE.. I have a spirit, etc.

What I have trouble seeing is that the Son of God, Jesus, is at once separate from God (human flesh and blood) and is God, yet has God's spirit put upon him....

Maybe you can explain just that.

As for the verses John 5:7... The jury seems to be out still .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 07:27 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,331,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotep View Post
who came upon Mary, the Holy Ghost or God the father?

I think the Holy Spirit is the father of Jesus and not God the Father.
how do you explain this?
I can tell you from experience that as a boy I had an experience that showed me things to come. I had the same identical experience twice. The person to My right was My Father, My Father teaches the Son, the Holy Spirit is the action, that comes through the Father and the Son. Think of three people all holding hands to make a circle. They are one, three distinct beings as One.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:48 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
In reference to Matt 3:16 "And having been baptized, Jesus went up immediately from the water, and lo, opened to him were the heavens, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him,"

In scripture, Jesus is another person. Not joined to God. And the spirit of God came upon him.

Luke 4:1 "And Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, turned back from the Jordan, and was brought in the Spirit to the wilderness,"

So if Jesus is one of the Godheads of God... How can the spirit of God come upon God?

So are you Binitarian, Bitheist, trinitarian? Just for clarification.
Jesus (God), came to the world that He created in human form. Can as far as I'm concerned can separated a part of Himself. I mean, it doesn't really sound difficult for Him to do.

Like I said before God has many roles that do many different things.

We as children of God have God's spirit, that He gave to us.

In Genesis you see God created the heavens and the earth, with speaking things into existance. The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. But as you see the Spirit was wovering over the face of the waters.

As you see the Spirit had His role, in what He did just as the other two roles that God played.

Before you begin to understand how Jesus came to earth, and how the Spirit that is already apart of Him, you must first undersand how God could even do it.

God said let us make man in our image, not let I, us, simply put, God is three person in one.

Sorry, I don't really have the time today to debate back and forth. Maybe another time. I might be on here for a little while, but have other things that I have to do.

God speaks to us by His Spirit, meaning we have His Spirit within us, the same Spirit that came from God. So, I would say understand that before you try to understand how Jesus can receive the spirit apon being baptized.

Jesus didn't need to be baptized, it was only for the reason that it was prophesied that it must be done.

Quote:
So if Jesus is one of the Godheads of God... How can the spirit of God come upon God?
Because He was walking on earth as a man/God. Jesus prayed, did He need to pray in order to get things, I don't think He had to. I think He only did it for an example for us to live by. Jesus fasted, but I don't think that He really needed to, I think it was for us see. That is my opinion.

Jesus was always connected to the Father. As you read in the OT, when ever you see the word God, that is also Jesus, because He is God. I think that Jesus was showing us how to stay connected to the Father in how He lived His life on earth. Jesus was so connected to the Father, that He did nothing without Him. They work as one, so they are one and do there work together, just like the Spirit.

One can't be one without the other.

I am actually about to go and work out, have to keep up my figure. LOL, later.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:10 PM

208 posts, read 349,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
I can tell you from experience that as a boy I had an experience that showed me things to come. I had the same identical experience twice. The person to My right was My Father, My Father teaches the Son, the Holy Spirit is the action, that comes through the Father and the Son. Think of three people all holding hands to make a circle. They are one, three distinct beings as One.

so God divided himself into 3 parts and each part being a whole person which would be three gods but from one god divided?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Jesus (God), came to the world that He created in human form. Can as far as I'm concerned can separated a part of Himself. I mean, it doesn't really sound difficult for Him to do.

Like I said before God has many roles that do many different things.

We as children of God have God's spirit, that He gave to us.

In Genesis you see God created the heavens and the earth, with speaking things into existance. The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. But as you see the Spirit was wovering over the face of the waters.

As you see the Spirit had His role, in what He did just as the other two roles that God played.

Before you begin to understand how Jesus came to earth, and how the Spirit that is already apart of Him, you must first undersand how God could even do it.

God said let us make man in our image, not let I, us, simply put, God is three person in one.

Sorry, I don't really have the time today to debate back and forth. Maybe another time. I might be on here for a little while, but have other things that I have to do.

God speaks to us by His Spirit, meaning we have His Spirit within us, the same Spirit that came from God. So, I would say understand that before you try to understand how Jesus can receive the spirit apon being baptized.

Jesus didn't need to be baptized, it was only for the reason that it was prophesied that it must be done.

Because He was walking on earth as a man/God. Jesus prayed, did He need to pray in order to get things, I don't think He had to. I think He only did it for an example for us to live by. Jesus fasted, but I don't think that He really needed to, I think it was for us see. That is my opinion.

Jesus was always connected to the Father. As you read in the OT, when ever you see the word God, that is also Jesus, because He is God. I think that Jesus was showing us how to stay connected to the Father in how He lived His life on earth. Jesus was so connected to the Father, that He did nothing without Him. They work as one, so they are one and do there work together, just like the Spirit.

One can't be one without the other.

I am actually about to go and work out, have to keep up my figure. LOL, later.

so God divided himself into 3 parts and each part being a whole person which would be three gods but from one god divided?

Old 09-07-2009, 09:17 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
Sounds kinda gross when you put it that way.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Do you have only one role in life.? I take by the name you are a guy. So you might be a father, son, nephew, grandfather, great-grandfather,cousin, uncle, or others. But are you 7 different persons, or do you just have different roles you play in your life?

Maybe you are married, but are you, a husband to your son, taking you have one, or are you a husband to your daugher, or a father.

Do you divide yourself when you are changing roles in your families lives?

Only taking that you might be married, are you are son to you wife, or a husband.

That is how God is, He has three different roles, but one God. That is the best that I am explain, without sounded to text bookish.

When I speak about text books, people try to say, I am trying to speak over their head. So, I say, maybe if I break things down it might sound easier.

Sorry, I would like to always provide that God has many names and titles, but one God.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 09-07-2009 at 09:35 PM..

Old 09-07-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
Do you have only one role in life.? I take by the name you are a guy. So you might be a father, son, nephew, grandfather, great-grandfather,cousin, uncle, or others. But are you 7 different persons, or do you just have different roles you play in your life?

Maybe you are married, but are you, a husband to your son, taking you have one, or are you a husband to your daugher, or a father.

Do you divide yourself when you are changing roles in your families lives?

Only taking that you might be married, are you are son to you wife, or a husband.

That is how God is, He has three different roles, but one God. That is the best that I am explain, without sounded to text bookish.

When I speak about text books, people try to say, I am trying to speak over their head. So, I say, maybe if I break things down it might sound easier.

father, son, nephew, grandfather, great-grandfather,cousin, uncle

if that was what the trinity was than yes ok different roles one person.
but this is not the trintiy and you know it,

look in the trinity you are not talking about three different roles,
Jesus has a role yet he is a complete person and a God too on earth,

at the same time the Father God who has a role is in heaven while the other God of himself is on earth, both Gods are in 2 different places at the same time, 2 Gods not one God with different name titles like you tried to state above,

now the holy spirit who is also another God, comes down from another God, in it comes down on Jesus like a dove, but wait if they were one how could One God in heaven send down himself if himself (Jesus)was already on earth?

lets take myself as a cousin, ok iam one cousin sitting one the couch and my name is hotep,

than I cousin hotep send myself to the store and I give myself another name like uncle but it is still me(hopet) now i am still on the couch yet i sent myself to the store as well, 2 hoteps but one person.

no you have now 2 hopets one sitting on the couch and the other who's name is uncle but it is still cousin hopet going to the store.

with this trinity thing you got the different persons all in different places at the same time, not one God, you made them all Gods.

3 different roles and 3 differents persons is not the same thing.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:52 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
God the Holy Spirit moved over Mary for the purpose of the virgin birth but He is not the father of Jesus.

In eternity past, the first person of the Trinity, who we call God The Father, commissioned the second person of the Trinity, Jesus Christ, to come into the world and pay the penalty for our sins. Christ agreed to do this. And so, in relation to their plan of salvation for mankind, Jesus Christ agreed to submit Himself to the will of the first person of the trinity who is the author of the plan of salvation, while Jesus Christ carried out the plan, and God the Holy Spirit revealed the plan. And so, in the sense of a family, with the authority that a father has over a son, so too in His submission to the will of the first person of the trinity, they took on the relationship of God the Father and God the Son.

Nevertheless, they are co-equal and co-eternal with each other and with the third person of the Trinity, God the Holy Spirit.

His title, Son of God, is a reference to His deity.

Now Jesus Christ is, since His first advent, the unique person of the universe. He is both eternal and infinite God, and He is also true humanity in one person. In His hypostatic union He is the God-man. The attributes of His deity and the attributes of His humanity never mix, but are always separate and distinct from each other.

The matter of His sonship must be considered from the standpoint of His hypostatic union. And this is why since we as Church Age believers are in union with Christ because of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, we are also sons of God and so can call the first person of the Godhead, Father.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:

if that was what the trinity was than yes ok different roles one person.

look in the trinity you are not talking about three different roles,
Jesus has a role yet he is a complete person and a God too on earth,

at the same time the Father God who has a role is in heaven while the other God of himself is on earth, both Gods are in 2 different places at the same time, 2 Gods not one God with different name titles like you tried to state above,

now the holy spirit who is also another God, comes down from another God, in it comes down on Jesus like a dove, but wait if they were one how could One God in heaven send down himself if himself (Jesus)was already on earth?

lets take myself as a cousin, ok iam one cousin sitting one the couch and my name is hotep,

than I cousin hotep send myself to the store and I give myself another name like uncle but it is still me(hopet) now i am still on the couch yet i sent myself to the store as well, 2 hoteps but one person.

no you have now 2 hopets one sitting on the couch and the other who's name is uncle but it is still cousin hopet going to the store.

with this trinity thing you got the different persons all in different places at the same time, not one God, you made them all Gods.

3 different roles and 3 differents persons is not the same thing.
LOL, you sound confused. I didn't make them God, He is God.

God is not three separated Gods. You can't separate yourself, you are mere human with flaws. God is not. You ask me how can God do this, well, I am not the one that an answer that.

Can you answer how He created an entire world, humans, with only speaking the Word?

There is so much more to God that we don't know. God is three persons, that is one God, not three Gods. If you don't like my explanation, then don't ask me, ask someone else.

If you really want to know, then go and ask God how can He be three person, yet one God.

The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit are complete persons, that makeup one God.

They are not three different Gods, they make up one God Yahweh.

What ever you are searching for, God can answer better than me, if you would like.

Quote:

Actually it is, but you are thining about it on how you could acheive it. You can't separate yourself and send yourself to the store. God can separate Himself and send Himself to earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity