Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 04:51 PM

1,867 posts, read 1,525,427 times

Advertisements

You probably ran across this verse in a formal meeting before but who really take it at face value when it say EVERY WORD.

EVERY WORD--make you mess with water baptism--John 3:5.
EVERY WORD--make you mess with the Sabbath teaching---Hebrews 4.
EVERY WORD--make you mess with repentance to have grace---Romans 6:1.
EVERY WORD---make you mess with the rules against jewelry and costly array--1 Peter 3:3.
EVERY WORD--make you mess with the rules with tongues---1 Cor. 14.
EVERY WORD--make you call every bible verse eternal life in Christ--Matthew 4:4.
EVERY WORD--make you mess with the rules to discourage adultery---Romans 7:2-3.
EVERY WORD--make you have a problem with women preachers and women pastors in church---1 Timothy 2:9-14.
EVERY WORD--make you offend people being sure they Christians like you ---1 Thessalonians 5:12 and 2 Cor. 6:14-17.
EVERY WORD--make you be hungry for unity with man too and not just God---John 17 and Psalms 133:1 as well as Matthew 5:6 and Gal. 1:8-9.
EVERY WORD--mean you agree that God's people not bible rookies too long---John 10 and Titus 3:10 as well as Matthew 4:4 and 2 Cor. 4:3.
EVERY WORD--make you hungry for the book to spiritually eat all over all the time ---Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4.
EVERY WORD--mean your relationship with God is more of a Matthew 4:4 life and not just a biography life of what man say is holy only--1 Cor. 13.
EVERY WORD--mean your intimate enough to rely on God and not some big shot all the time with the bible---James 1:5 and Matthew 15:14 as well as 2 Timothy 2:15 and Galations 1:8-9.
EVERY WORD--mean you don't feel judgmental to call the lieing enemy a lier and a child of the devil----John 8:44 and Rev. 12.
EVERY WORD--mean you don't feel condemnation to rebuke people with the bible right---James 5:19-20.
EVERY WORD--mean you not praying and believing for every person to make it with Jesus---John 17.
EVERY WORD--mean your soul winning wisely and not just ambitiously all the time---2 Cor. 6:14-17 as well as 1 Thess. 5:12 and John 17.
EVERY WORD--mean your convinced a real Christian is not a well liked Elvis Presley so much---Matthew 10:22.
EVERY WORD--make you die to philosophy if it's against the truth--Romans 3:4.
EVERY WORD---make you call the wisdom of man a filthy rag---Isaiah 64:6.
EVERY WORD---make you call any voice of God the bible only----Romans 10:17.
EVERY WORD--make you call all the bible truth----John 17:17.
EVERY WORD--make you say truth is never a philosophy--2 Peter 1:20-21
and Colossians 2:8.
EVERY WORD--make you say the one with truth always has a buddy with a lie---First John 14:6 and then John 8:44 and Rev. 12.
EVERY WORD--mean your purpose in Christ is really Matthew 4:4 and not just Exodus 20 and Ephesians 2:8.

Well this is truly manna feed from heaven for the John 10 people.
Hope I bumped into some John 10 people so the bible on unity as John 17 preaches on is reality today.
If this is accomplished then my writing and dialogue to people is not vain here.
As Paul say don't beat in the air unseemingly or in vain with nothing accomplished.
That mean I'm talking to or trying to attract John 10 people only-----2 Cor. 6:14-17.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 05:56 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,531,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
You probably ran across this verse in a formal meeting before but who really take it at face value when it say EVERY WORD.

EVERY WORD--make you mess with water baptism--John 3:5.
EVERY WORD--make you mess with the Sabbath teaching---Hebrews 4.
EVERY WORD--make you mess with repentance to have grace---Romans 6:1.
EVERY WORD---make you mess with the rules against jewelry and costly array--1 Peter 3:3.
EVERY WORD--make you mess with the rules with tongues---1 Cor. 14.
EVERY WORD--make you call every bible verse eternal life in Christ--Matthew 4:4.
EVERY WORD--make you mess with the rules to discourage adultery---Romans 7:2-3.
EVERY WORD--make you have a problem with women preachers and women pastors in church---1 Timothy 2:9-14.
EVERY WORD--make you offend people being sure they Christians like you ---1 Thessalonians 5:12 and 2 Cor. 6:14-17.
EVERY WORD--make you be hungry for unity with man too and not just God---John 17 and Psalms 133:1 as well as Matthew 5:6 and Gal. 1:8-9.
EVERY WORD--mean you agree that God's people not bible rookies too long---John 10 and Titus 3:10 as well as Matthew 4:4 and 2 Cor. 4:3.
EVERY WORD--make you hungry for the book to spiritually eat all over all the time ---Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4.
EVERY WORD--mean your relationship with God is more of a Matthew 4:4 life and not just a biography life of what man say is holy only--1 Cor. 13.
EVERY WORD--mean your intimate enough to rely on God and not some big shot all the time with the bible---James 1:5 and Matthew 15:14 as well as 2 Timothy 2:15 and Galations 1:8-9.
EVERY WORD--mean you don't feel judgmental to call the lieing enemy a lier and a child of the devil----John 8:44 and Rev. 12.
EVERY WORD--mean you don't feel condemnation to rebuke people with the bible right---James 5:19-20.
EVERY WORD--mean you not praying and believing for every person to make it with Jesus---John 17.
EVERY WORD--mean your soul winning wisely and not just ambitiously all the time---2 Cor. 6:14-17 as well as 1 Thess. 5:12 and John 17.
EVERY WORD--mean your convinced a real Christian is not a well liked Elvis Presley so much---Matthew 10:22.
EVERY WORD--make you die to philosophy if it's against the truth--Romans 3:4.
EVERY WORD---make you call the wisdom of man a filthy rag---Isaiah 64:6.
EVERY WORD---make you call any voice of God the bible only----Romans 10:17.
EVERY WORD--make you call all the bible truth----John 17:17.
EVERY WORD--make you say truth is never a philosophy--2 Peter 1:20-21
and Colossians 2:8.
EVERY WORD--make you say the one with truth always has a buddy with a lie---First John 14:6 and then John 8:44 and Rev. 12.
EVERY WORD--mean your purpose in Christ is really Matthew 4:4 and not just Exodus 20 and Ephesians 2:8.

Well this is truly manna feed from heaven for the John 10 people.
Hope I bumped into some John 10 people so the bible on unity as John 17 preaches on is reality today.
If this is accomplished then my writing and dialogue to people is not vain here.
As Paul say don't beat in the air unseemingly or in vain with nothing accomplished.
That mean I'm talking to or trying to attract John 10 people only-----2 Cor. 6:14-17.
Not sure if I understand your post in it's entirety but it is my contention that the bible we have today is not the same bible as the one that was given by the apostles either by oral word or written word. I believe we can't take the quotation marks around phrases to mean that person actually said those exact words as no one wrote it down right then and there. So in reference to your Matthew 4:4 verse being taken at face value. No, I don't believe it can anymore than the story of Jesus' birth can be taken at face value. Anytime someone writes about the birth of someone their own age it is hearsay as they couldn't possibly have been there and the consensus is that the bible was written down after the death of Christ.

Old 09-14-2009, 06:51 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Default Good Evening tony...

I'm a John 10 person.

I believe in every Word that proceedeth from the mouth of God. I understood and respect and appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Blessings to you,

Verna.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I'm a John 10 person.

I believe in every Word that proceedeth from the mouth of God. I understood and respect and appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Blessings to you,

Verna.
Excuse my ignorance but what is a John 10 person?

Old 09-14-2009, 07:18 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,662,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Excuse my ignorance but what is a John 10 person?
I'm sorry kat, but there is no excuse for such ignorance...you've just stated that you do not believe what is Written...you do not believe the Living Word of God, not even when it is Jesus speaking...so, I summize that you wouldn't believe me even if I explained to you what a John 10 person is...so why would I? You said to tony:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj
Not sure if I understand your post in it's entirety but it is my contention that the bible we have today is not the same bible as the one that was given by the apostles either by oral word or written word. I believe we can't take the quotation marks around phrases to mean that person actually said those exact words as no one wrote it down right then and there. So in reference to your Matthew 4:4 verse being taken at face value. No, I don't believe it can anymore than the story of Jesus' birth can be taken at face value. Anytime someone writes about the birth of someone their own age it is hearsay as they couldn't possibly have been there and the consensus is that the bible was written down after the death of Christ.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:35 PM

87 posts, read 134,566 times
Quote:
I'm sorry kat, but there is no excuse for such ignorance...you've just stated that you do not believe what is Written...you do not believe the Living Word of God, not even when it is Jesus speaking...so, I summize that you wouldn't believe me even if I explained to you what a John 10 person is...so why would I? You said to tony:
This is a very rude response to someone who was simply asking a question.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:47 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,501,204 times
Quote:
I'm sorry kat, but there is no excuse for such ignorance...you've just stated that you do not believe what is Written...you do not believe the Living Word of God, not even when it is Jesus speaking...so, I summize that you wouldn't believe me even if I explained to you what a John 10 person is...so why would I?
Wow! Love the spirit of this post. People in the church wonder why others see them in a negative light.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
You are correct. I stated I don't think the bible is word for word what is in the quotes, but that doesn't mean I believe the bible is useless.

However, I was just asking an honest question, I sincerely haven't heard the term "John 10 person" before. I just wanted a definition so maybe I could understand the post.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
Wow! Love the spirit of this post. People in the church wonder why others see them in a negative light.
Well I did say I didn't understand the OP... and I did say that I don't believe the bible recorded Jesus' exact words. So... I guess I offended Verna by saying that, but that is my belief. I wonder if anyone else can tell me what the term "John 10 person" means.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtue_summer View Post
This is a very rude response to someone who was simply asking a question.
It's ok... maybe she is having a bad day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity