Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 06:26 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,563,768 times

Advertisements

(CONTINUED FROM ANOTHER THREAD) Was that Christian ever saved in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Feel_Fat_2 View Post
No No No!!! You CANNOT make that judgment! God, assuming he is real, is the only one who can decide that! And that is also assuming that the bible is the real book....I'm just saying....
I didn't judge, I said that you cannot be saved and then unsaved. How does the Holy Spirit dwell in you and then leave you? what verse is that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2009, 06:40 PM

124 posts, read 333,722 times
It doesn't matter....upon death this GOD will decide if one is saved or not. Wouldn't it be his choice in the matter anyhow? He'll have mercy upon whom he'll have mercy right?! You saying that someone "was never a true Christian" IS passing judgment. Let god decide and don't worry about it. Seems like a silly argument for a "true" Christian to be in.

Old 10-12-2009, 07:07 PM

Quote:
It doesn't matter....upon death this GOD will decide if one is saved or not. Wouldn't it be his choice in the matter anyhow? He'll have mercy upon whom he'll have mercy right?! You saying that someone "was never a true Christian" IS passing judgment. Let god decide and don't worry about it. Seems like a silly argument for a "true" Christian to be in.
It does matter and I didn't judge, she said by her own omission, "SHE WAS NOT A CHRISTIAN ANYMORE". You see I gave my heart to the Lord in 1995 at a Billy Graham Crusade at the Georgia Dome. I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal saviour last year.

I was a false convert for 14 years. I was never a Christian because I was still living a life of sin. Study your bible and find for yourself if the saved can be unsaved?

Old 10-12-2009, 07:16 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,374,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
It does matter and I didn't judge, she said, "SHE WAS NOT A CHRISTIAN ANYMORE". You see I gave my heart to the Lord in 1995 at a Billy Graham Crusade at the Georgia Dome. I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and personal saviour last year.

I was a false convert for 14 years. I was never a Christian because I was still living a life of sin. You lack spiritual maturity, study your bible and find for yourself if the saved can be unsaved?

Cool deal. I gave my life to the Lord watching a Billy Graham Crusade from my prison cell in 1996

Once you have given your life over to the Lord and have repented of your known sins the Holy Spirit dwells within you from that point till death. So the answer is NO you cannot lose your Salvation if in fact you had it in the 1st place

Old 10-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by (901) View Post
Cool deal. I gave my life to the Lord watching a Billy Graham Crusade from my prison cell in 1996

Once you have given your life over to the Lord and have repented of your known sins the Holy Spirit dwells within you from that point till death. So the answer is NO you cannot lose your Salvation if in fact you had it in the 1st place
So then would you say, that one can say or not say from looking at scripture, "I AM NOT a Christian anymore"?

Old 10-12-2009, 07:24 PM

So where does it say in the bible that you have to be a Christian? You are saying that god doesn't have the ability to "Save" a person who doesn't embrace Christianity? Why is being "Saved" and being a "Christian" the same thing?

Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
So where does it say in the bible that you have to be a Christian? You are saying that god doesn't have the ability to "Save" a person who doesn't embrace Christianity? Why is being "Saved" and being a "Christian" the same thing?
The question isn't who is or isn't a Christian? I would never judge someone's salvation. The question is can a "true Christian" say, that they are no longer a Christian?

Old 10-12-2009, 07:34 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,374,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
So then would you say, that one can say or not say from looking at scripture, "I AM NOT a Christian anymore"?
No.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:08 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,789,491 times
Quote:
Study your bible and find for yourself if the saved can be unsaved?
Are you not aware, that this is one of the most commonly debated topics among Christians?

Is this something new to you?

Old 10-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Are you not aware, that this is one of the most commonly debated topics among Christians?

Is this something new to you?

I doubt it is new to him. From what I've read of his posts he always thinks his "Opinion" is the ONLY opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity