Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 10:43 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
The bible says that whatever we are to do, do as onto the Lord.

So if you clean bathrooms you are to clean them as best you can ,
This is so you do not bring shame onto the name of Christ and onto other Christians.

Even if you are called to go clean a bathroom in a strip joint, you go and do your best....

If you do your best, then you are a credit to your faith.

However if you have a job where you have to help people in need, and you have a problem with two people that have come before you seeking help,,,then the answer is to still help...or get a different job!

But turning away people, or just doing your job in a very poor manner brings shame on you, your Lord, and on the church...

Had this Justice Of The Peace done his job, he would not be pointed to on forums and attacks against Christians would not be sparked from his poor actions...
That is true BUT it's not just doing it to the best of your ability, there are certain jobs Christians should not be doing like cleaning bathrooms at a strip club etc.....this is about your job conflicting with beliefs. Now because He is a state, public figure you might have an argument but that does not negate he has beliefs that he feels strongly. for e.g. a Christian woman is a photographer is called by a gay couple to do their wedding, she respectfully declined and was sued. Should she give in or stand her ground? or should she get out of the photography business?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 10:53 AM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Should she give in or stand her ground? or should she get out of the photography business?
She should do her best...at all times,,,in whatever she is doing...

Or get out of that line of work.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:55 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Interracial couple in Louisiana denied marriage license - CNN.com

"He's an elected public official and one of his duties is to marry people. He doesn't have the right to say he doesn't believe in it," Patricia Morris, president of the NAACP....."

"We would like him to resign," she said. "He doesn't believe he's being racist, but it is racist......"

"Bardwell, stressing that he couldn't personally endorse the marriage, said his wife referred the couple to another justice of the peace....."

I don't know if the justice of the peace is racist but he said, he isn't so I will take him at face value. He claims that he is looking out for the children of this couple-How that is for him to decide is beyond me but that is beside the point. It is obvious he has a passion for this. Can we Christians be quick to judge him afterall don't we have similar views or passions when we use the "conscientious objector" but instead of children, it's our faith.
Is this what will happen to Christians when we are forced to do our "job" that the State mandates becoming our authority even though it will conflict with God's authority? Will we be called racist, bigot etc....? So what do we do? give in to pressure, stand for your faith-it's your country too, or resign? Does this judge have the right? if not then how do you?

The world is changing Christian. You better figure out which side you are on and quick!
I guess I don't really understand this thread.. did this racist bigot claim his Christian values wouldn't let them marry?

Seems like your thread makes no sense based on the link you provided..

Old 10-16-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
a Christian woman is a photographer is called by a gay couple to do their wedding,
Lets make this more easy to answer...

Same Christian women, now she works in a hospital and that Gay couple arrive from a bad car accident....she turns her back on them in their need?

Same Christian women, now she works at McDonald's...and the same Gay couple walk in and want Meal Number #1 with extra fries....Does she walk away and not take their order, or does she turn around and get them their food as best she can?

Old 10-16-2009, 11:00 AM

My answer is the only answer that works...

Do your job as best you can....or go get a different job

Old 10-16-2009, 11:01 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,564,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I guess I don't really understand this thread.. did this racist bigot claim his Christian values wouldn't let them marry?

Seems like your thread makes no sense based on the link you provided..
Because you want to see something that is not there. I am showing a parallel. No offense I am sure you believe you have a sympathetic ear to the "black cause". I assume you to be white so how do you a white man say, he is racist when I as a black man am yet to see him as a racist?

This is the same type of limited, rush to judgment, worldly, carnal thinking that will persecute Christians in the future when their beliefs conflict with their job.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 10-16-2009 at 11:09 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 11:23 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,634 times
Quote:
Because you want to see something that is not there.
Uh no fundy I plainly stated why I didn't see anything. Read again. I assume your thread is how do Christians do their job if it goes against their faith. Unfortunately your story did NOT parallel that..

Unless the racist bigot used his faith as a backdrop for not marrying the couple..

WHICH IS WHY I ASKED THE QUESTION IN MY FIRST POST.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
did this racist bigot claim his Christian values wouldn't let them marry?
See its right there fundy for you to read.. my question..

So it is not I who wants to see something that isn't there. It is you trying to link this less that newsworthy story to your supposition.

Quote:
I am showing a parallel.
In a 90 degree angle sort of way..

Quote:
No offense I am sure you believe you have a sympathetic ear to the "black cause"..
I'm sorry.. did I say that? Have I ever said I had a sympathetic ear to the "black cause"? Find me one post of mine ever where I've said anything like that Fundy.

If you suppose that a person "calling it as he reads it" equates to "having a sympathetic ear" then you are sadly mistaken. My response had zero to do with the "black cause". It had to do with the legality of the situation and some redneck in Lousyana portraying his OPINION WITHOUT THE LEGAL REASON TO DO SO on a couple.

Quote:
I assume you to be white so how do you a white man say, he is racist when I as a black man am yet to see him as a racist?
I used my head.. a logical conclusion based on living in the South my whole life.. understanding Lousyana.. and the fact that the racist bigot stated that he "doesn't sign off on interracial marriages".

I do appreciate your faulty logic though.. the "I'm black so I know racism" theorem of racism..

Question for you (using your logic). I'm white.. wouldn't you think I would be more in tune as to knowing whether that racist bigot was a racist?

See how stupid that sounds..

Quote:
IThis is the same type of limited, worldly, carnal thinking that will persecute Christians in the future when their beliefs conflict with their job
Thats an interesting topic.. just wish you'd find a news article that in some way related to that supposition in the the least bit..

Carry on..

Old 10-16-2009, 11:34 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times
I guess I better stay away from Louisiana because I only date outside of my race. I will probably marry a man of another ethnicity. So, louisiana is off the map for me. lol

Old 10-16-2009, 02:28 PM

767 posts, read 2,066,302 times
This guy is simply a racist jackass and should lose his license, commission, or whatever he has. He needs to be out in the woods with a sheet over his head socializing around the fire with other morons of his kind. The idiocy of some people never ceases to amaze me!

Old 10-16-2009, 02:33 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I guess I better stay away from Louisiana because I only date outside of my race. I will probably marry a man of another ethnicity. So, louisiana is off the map for me. lol
How do you do that?? There is only one human race. Do you engage in dating other species? This seems as ethnically bigoted and "racist" as the Justice of the Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity