Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2016, 11:07 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Exactly. No, that kind is not our private prayer language, and so an interpreter was needed (and found) in Acts 2. Peace
true some have that kind of gift of interpretations of tongues .. but I don't .. mine is more personal time so far. With him that could change tomorrow....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 11:15 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
lol. that's funny, but see that that is just a way to turn people away from your truth, not bring them to it, imo. people go with what seems best to them at the time, and there is no shame in that; the shame comes later, when your premises have been set, where God is concerned, and you have not abandoned them, like Scripture tells you to do, in approaching the Book. you get "tared," without realizing it, and all of your subsequent reading is yeasted; not that it won't serve you, down the line, but that you now accept "Mansions in the sky" for "nests," and don't need to dig any deeper, right, because you have trusted those who "know."

who, after all, can say that Paul's experience of "meeting Him in the air" is understandable to them?
who can grasp the accounts of "xenoglossy" that we argue about, incessantly?
that occurred at the Outpouring of the Spirit, in that special time?

i was in the Sinai a few years ago; went to climb Mt Sinai--the fake one, as i found out later; guess the real one is on the Arabian Peninsula? surrounded by a chain link fence, and watched closely, i guess? very close to a split rock, a huge rock, 60 feet tall, with a dried up pool at the bottom of it, a little grotto, that obviously held water once, a long time ago, in the middle of a desert. but anyway, while i was in Dahab, i fell in with a young kid, kind of one i had chosen, to be my "guide," avoiding the more entrepreneurial ones, the more accomplished ones, picking one from the beach sleepers instead.

he was pretty young, 12 maybe, all alone, and, unlike most every other Egyptian there, who spoke several languages, this guy only spoke Arabic, i guess. i first met him on the beach, out there, at sunrise. he had a dog, just him and his dog, and the dog was the bridge, i wouldn't have a story if it wasn't for the dog. so anyway, i go down to the beach with my muffin or whatever, to watch the sun come up, didn't even realize they were there, cuz they were under a blanket, kind of huddled down in the sand, maybe 50 feet away. everything was ok til i made some noise, i don't remember what, which stirred the dog, and he starts barking at me. still not seeing the boy, i start trying to make friends with the dog, but it isn't happening.

so i did that for the next three days or so, and by the fourth day, armed with meat this time, me and the dog finally shake hands. by now, i know there's also a person over there, but he never lifts his head, until me and the dog meet. this seems to kind of upset him, so i say sorry, and he says something in Arabic, and then he says "come back here" to the dog--which i don't speak Arabic, but the dog does, and i'm in Shepherd mode, even if i didn't know that then; so i understood him as well as the dog; i could understand his language--but i have meat, and several other things that i have brought, specifically for this purpose--i am speaking the dog's language, iow--so the dog goes like halfway back, and then turns around and comes back to me, cuz i have a way with animals, i guess, i pet wild bears and do all kinds of things that to me are normal, but you would think i am suicidal or something, but anyway, this really perplexes the kid, i can tell, because this is his guard dog, a german shepherd mix, doesn't like strangers, and here he is wagging his tail at me like a puppy. so, the dog starts this going back, to him, and forth, to me, to get another bite of meat, and i start laughing, and making it a point not to be coaxing the dog anymore, but that doesn't matter to the dog of course at this point, because he has figured me out, and i have meat.

unfortunately i am a tall, blonde, blue eyed, pampered looking type, or anyway i was then, and i made the mistake of offering the guy some breakfast, and this being a tourist town, i can only imagine what was going through his mind. so that slowed things down a couple more days. i doubt it would have progressed any further, but i was keeping company with a tourist girl that i had met there, and so i just took her for a walk on the beach one evening.

so anyway, i don't know why i'm telling you all this, but within a couple more days, he was my "guide" around town. which actually paid off pretty well, because there are tourist stores, on the waterfront, and then there are local stores, in the interior, that tourists don't go to much, which are a lot cheaper, and it turned out i was paying less for the two of us, than i was for just myself before. and after all this story, i don't know if i will be able to relay to you how i just "spoke his language," i guess maybe you just would have to experience it yourself, but you might see that that is the only reason he became my guide, because i had a lot to overcome there, my appearance being what it is and all, and i'm skinny, so i get pidgeonholed as gay a lot anyway.

your interpretation of tongues is a personal thing, ok, and you can believe what you like, but it might serve you to see who is being served by your interpretation--i mean "understanding," there, your "concept," but hmm; just "hmm," there, for now--of tongues, while you are looking at tongues; who is benefitting? is anyone benefitting? other than you, i mean? do they primarily just exist for you to make you feel better, somehow? Can you compare that to how someone might, say, take a drug, to feel better for a while? i don't know a lot about tares, i just found out that they aren't really "weeds" a week ago, ok, but i know they actually--and i mean IRL here--have some psychoactive effect, ok.

and i know that i cannot change your mind, if it won't be changed, but i also know that a prayer of faith, actually in God's will, is the prayer that your heart might be receptive to what God wants you to know about a thing; which requires that one give up their "knowledge," what they already think they "know," and be willing to examine their premises; those pieces of knowledge that they accept without question, without ever even thinking to question, just like the moose, who would look at you like you had lost your mind, if you told him that he had actually touched his nose to the steel-tipped arrow that would have ended his life, that day.

Slow down and take a deep breath Dory, it is going to be fine.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:16 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
i don't think it is fair to say Rbbi1 is trying to fool anyone. she strikes me as coming from the heart, anyway.

What might be fair is to ask her if the people she learned that from signed any contracts for Jesus? Rbbi1? Any 501c3s floatin around, above your knowledge? Did you, at any time, give the people who taught you that any money?

these are fair questions, and they deserve consideration imo. look, i am easily persuaded myself, ok. i accepted tongues, church-style, and Rapture--although i was suspicious about that sooner, but had no relevant analog for Paul's "meet Him in the air" until i came here, and found that with nate's help; nateswift? i think?--but anyway, it is natural imo to accept the beliefs of the tribe you fall in with.

but it is up to you to test these beliefs against Scripture. and it is up to you to have a heart that is willing to accept the truth, even when it requires a change of mind. if you are already convinced--just like the "moose vs archery hunter" moose--that you know, and when you read Scripture and can plainly read xenoglossy, and "crowds amazed," but accept glossololia, and congregations clapping, instead, and Paul's v on "gurgling and cooing" as a baby is just to you some passing thought that Paul saw fit to record for posterity, why, you don't really know, and don't dig there, but instead run, then BAM run for as long as it suits you.

you can spend your whole life doing that if you want, ok. thinking tares are just weeds, no big whoop, and trusting guys in ties who have signed contracts for Jesus, because they seem to be nice people, seem to be at peace, and they trust their snake on a pole, and they know, for a fact, no discussion, that the Book is the Word--regardless of any CD at "In the beginning was the Bible..." they don't, can't even engage there, and they will even take you to "those who have eaten and drank at His table," that passage, and then proceed to explain how "you evildoers," right there in the same little passage, are somehow different people from those who have eaten and drank, at His table.

it doesn't matter to them when you mention that the whole point of seeking there is to establish who are the ones who will hear "I never knew you," after eating and drinking at His table, and crying LORDLORD, and performing miracles and whatnot in His Name. it just doesn't matter, apparently, to them. the best reply you get is silence, when this is made plain. they just leave the conversation, perhaps like your friend, who does not know what Scripture says, and so she affirms Paul, with joy, every day.

tares are strong stuff, ok. and we don't like to associate ourselves with tares, because tares are "bad." so we learn, really early--don't we--with help from the contract-signers, how to read the Bible, and how to apply all the "bad" things to "others," Cain is "evil people," "depart from me, you workers of iniquity?" satan worshippers, or something--anything, just not me, Jesus loves me--Esau? that ruddy guy, who lost his birthright--the other guy, not me, can't be me

tares? those are just weeds, right. and Mansions in the Sky. and Rapture, again, despite Ezekiel's clear description at "pillows," sewn by "women," and the fact that we know the late 19th century revival of "pillows" (soft landings) came from another "woman."

so, be sure in your own mind, ok, Rbbi1, that's all i got to say. be sure. in your own mind.

Bro....I read it in there myself FIRST. Then I experienced it. If you can find some man you can pay that can make a comet come down through the stars and hit you on your forehead, making you fall straight back light as a feather, and activate an unknown tongue in you, then by all means, go pay that man IMMEDIATELY because G-d knows he's got something you need, even if you don't.

But of course, this was already dealt with when Simon the sorcerer saw it and tried to buy the power of G-d also. So maybe you should skip that step and just ask Him to baptize you like I said; He is the baptizer. Peace

Old 11-18-2016, 11:17 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Slow down and take a deep breath Dory, it is going to be fine.
Ooh...Something shiny...

Old 11-18-2016, 11:30 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
i don't think it is fair to say Rbbi1 is trying to fool anyone. she strikes me as coming from the heart, anyway.

What might be fair is to ask her if the people she learned that from signed any contracts for Jesus? Rbbi1? Any 501c3s floatin around, above your knowledge? Did you, at any time, give the people who taught you that any money?

these are fair questions, and they deserve consideration imo. look, i am easily persuaded myself, ok. i accepted tongues, church-style, and Rapture--although i was suspicious about that sooner, but had no relevant analog for Paul's "meet Him in the air" until i came here, and found that with nate's help; nateswift? i think?--but anyway, it is natural imo to accept the beliefs of the tribe you fall in with.

but it is up to you to test these beliefs against Scripture. and it is up to you to have a heart that is willing to accept the truth, even when it requires a change of mind. if you are already convinced--just like the "moose vs archery hunter" moose--that you know, and when you read Scripture and can plainly read xenoglossy, and "crowds amazed," but accept glossololia, and congregations clapping, instead, and Paul's v on "gurgling and cooing" as a baby is just to you some passing thought that Paul saw fit to record for posterity, why, you don't really know, and don't dig there, but instead run, then BAM run for as long as it suits you.

you can spend your whole life doing that if you want, ok. thinking tares are just weeds, no big whoop, and trusting guys in ties who have signed contracts for Jesus, because they seem to be nice people, seem to be at peace, and they trust their snake on a pole, and they know, for a fact, no discussion, that the Book is the Word--regardless of any CD at "In the beginning was the Bible..." they don't, can't even engage there, and they will even take you to "those who have eaten and drank at His table," that passage, and then proceed to explain how "you evildoers," right there in the same little passage, are somehow different people from those who have eaten and drank, at His table.

it doesn't matter to them when you mention that the whole point of seeking there is to establish who are the ones who will hear "I never knew you," after eating and drinking at His table, and crying LORDLORD, and performing miracles and whatnot in His Name. it just doesn't matter, apparently, to them. the best reply you get is silence, when this is made plain. they just leave the conversation, perhaps like your friend, who does not know what Scripture says, and so she affirms Paul, with joy, every day.

tares are strong stuff, ok. and we don't like to associate ourselves with tares, because tares are "bad." so we learn, really early--don't we--with help from the contract-signers, how to read the Bible, and how to apply all the "bad" things to "others," Cain is "evil people," "depart from me, you workers of iniquity?" satan worshippers, or something--anything, just not me, Jesus loves me--Esau? that ruddy guy, who lost his birthright--the other guy, not me, can't be me

tares? those are just weeds, right. and Mansions in the Sky. and Rapture, again, despite Ezekiel's clear description at "pillows," sewn by "women," and the fact that we know the late 19th century revival of "pillows" (soft landings) came from another "woman."

so, be sure in your own mind, ok, Rbbi1, that's all i got to say. be sure. in your own mind.
Amen
Another woman indeed.

You have profaned Me before My people for fistfuls of barley and for morsels of bread to slay souls that will not die and to sustain souls that will not live, by your lying to My people, who hearken to lies.

Just as David saw when compassed with evil.

Old 11-18-2016, 11:31 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,414 times
amen. i would have perhaps brought the "pillows" references with that, and the "trapping birds" part, but whaddya gonnado. there it is.
Quote:
Bro....I read it in there myself FIRST. Then I experienced it. If you can find some man you can pay that can make a comet come down through the stars and hit you on your forehead, making you fall straight back light as a feather, and activate an unknown tongue in you, then by all means, go pay that man IMMEDIATELY because G-d knows he's got something you need, even if you don't.

But of course, this was already dealt with when Simon the sorcerer saw it and tried to buy the power of G-d also. So maybe you should skip that step and just ask Him to baptize you like I said; He is the baptizer. Peace
yes, and tares are powerful stuff, and the unseen one comes as an angel of light, also. who else could make you so readily dismiss what anyone can read, and instead accept Glossololia sans "crowds amazed," and personal glorification over a service to many? for are you not, now, wrapped in glory? wadr

Old 11-18-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
amen. i would have perhaps brought the "pillows" references with that, and the "trapping birds" part, but whaddya gonnado. there it is.
yes, and tares are powerful stuff, and the unseen one comes as an angel of light, also. who else could make you so readily dismiss what anyone can read, and instead accept Glossololia sans "crowds amazed," and personal glorification over a service to many? for are you not, now, wrapped in glory? wadr

Ah but you mussed the part where I said I read about it 4 days after I came to Him, and like a small child, believed what I read. It was then that I asked Him to baptize me in His Spirit. The answer to that prayer came 3 months later.

Haven't you read that the HG does the works? So tell me who has exchanged service to many for personal glory? Or have you not noticed the standard reaction from those that don't have it, is not to glorify us? Peace

Old 11-18-2016, 12:03 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,414 times
Quote:
Ah but you mussed the part where I said I read about it 4 days after I came to Him, and like a small child, believed what I read. It was then that I asked Him to baptize me in His Spirit. The answer to that prayer came 3 months later.

Haven't you read that the HG does the works? So tell me who has exchanged service to many for personal glory? Or have you not noticed the standard reaction from those that don't have it, is not to glorify us? Peace
i certainly am not aware of your specific circumstance, Rbbi1; i am making assumptions, that you were led by, and absorbed, some of the sect that "led you to Christ," so to speak. i am speaking generally, iow. if your tongues glorify and serve others, then i would not wish to belittle them.

Old 11-18-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
true some have that kind of gift of interpretations of tongues .. but I don't .. mine is more personal time so far. With him that could change tomorrow....

Yeah, He uses my friend with that gift a lot. Me, I just heard the interpretation one time. But, you're right; with Him that could change tomorrow. Peace

Old 11-18-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
i certainly am not aware of your specific circumstance, Rbbi1; i am making assumptions, that you were led by, and absorbed, some of the sect that "led you to Christ," so to speak. i am speaking generally, iow. if your tongues glorify and serve others, then i would not wish to belittle them.

I understand, but no, bro. It was me and Him for a long time, only. I'm just saying to YOU, seek with an open heart and you shall find. It was part of the ritual involving babies. They were rubbed with SALT (which burns as fire) after being washed in water. This is the salt mentioned that we are not to lose, bro; the baptism that comes as fire. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity