Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 10:06 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I say Jesus is flesh, anointed by the Spirit. Definition of Christ=anoited

Mat 1:16
And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Jesus was flesh, a man. Even after the baptism, Jesus was still a man, but empowered with the anointing of the Holy Spirit. It was now time to reveal the Father to Israel, through Jesus of Nazareth.

To deny that Jesus was a man, and that the anointing indwelled in His flesh, is actually Anti-Christ:

1Jo 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus IS the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Notice is says Jesus IS the Christ. Those who claim that Jesus was always anointed, even from birth, and that He lived out His life, not as a man, but as God, must prove this using scripture.

Because if this is true, then what Jesus, the man, accomplished growing up going through the same trials and tribulations that we ALL go through was nothing, and can be discounted as nothing. His extraordinary feat of overcoming the world=nothing.

It also makes this verse meaningless, since God cannot be tempted:

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

The point being? All show? But rather here is what our High Priest went through:

Hbr 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.=THIS IS JESUS

Jam 1:13
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:=THIS IS FATHER

How can a man be God the Father? For to say He is not the Father would mean that He is not God=Yahweh. If you are saying Jesus was a part of God=Theos, then I agree. Yeshua is "Yahweh is Salvation". But is the Father limited to 3, like when Trinitarians say the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit? What about those who follow Christ Jesus as King and are indwelled with the Spirit of God? Are they not a part of God? IOW, can we not see the Spirit of God working through people today, like those Israelites saw in Jesus? I believe they are, and we can. The Body of Christ is testament of this.

When a human being of today is indwelled with the Holy Spirit, they also can say that they and the Father and now also the Son are One. A part of the Theos translated God in the NT. Of course this throws the Trinity out the window, because God the Father and Son are not limited to 3 manifestations. He is currently working through many people today.

Even though I fully do understand what the Christ means, and use it as the title of the fullness of the anointing given to Jesus upon His baptism,,you keep using the word Christ as the man, Jesus, interchangably, which makes talking to you difficult.
EXACTLY!!!!! You can't confuse Jesus the man with the Christ (the annointing given by GOD)!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 12:43 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I say Jesus is flesh, anointed by the Spirit. Definition of Christ=anoited

Mat 1:16
And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus, who is called Christ.

Jesus was flesh, a man. Even after the baptism, Jesus was still a man, but empowered with the anointing of the Holy Spirit. It was now time to reveal the Father to Israel, through Jesus of Nazareth.

To deny that Jesus was a man, and that the anointing indwelled in His flesh, is actually Anti-Christ:

1Jo 2:22
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus IS the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

Notice is says Jesus IS the Christ. Those who claim that Jesus was always anointed, even from birth, and that He lived out His life, not as a man, but as God, must prove this using scripture.

Because if this is true, then what Jesus, the man, accomplished growing up going through the same trials and tribulations that we ALL go through was nothing, and can be discounted as nothing. His extraordinary feat of overcoming the world=nothing.

It also makes this verse meaningless, since God cannot be tempted:

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil.

The point being? All show? But rather here is what our High Priest went through:

Hbr 4:15
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as [we are, yet] without sin.=THIS IS JESUS

Jam 1:13
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:=THIS IS FATHER

How can a man be God the Father? For to say He is not the Father would mean that He is not God=Yahweh. If you are saying Jesus was a part of God=Theos, then I agree. Yeshua is "Yahweh is Salvation". But is the Father limited to 3, like when Trinitarians say the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit? What about those who follow Christ Jesus as King and are indwelled with the Spirit of God? Are they not a part of God? IOW, can we not see the Spirit of God working through people today, like those Israelites saw in Jesus? I believe they are, and we can. The Body of Christ is testament of this.

When a human being of today is indwelled with the Holy Spirit, they also can say that they and the Father and now also the Son are One. A part of the Theos translated God in the NT. Of course this throws the Trinity out the window, because God the Father and Son are not limited to 3 manifestations. He is currently working through many people today.

Even though I fully do understand what the Christ means, and use it as the title of the fullness of the anointing given to Jesus upon His baptism,,you keep using the word Christ as the man, Jesus, interchangably, which makes talking to you difficult.
Well presented, Hot!! It highlights the error of retaining a carnal (physical) viewpoint. Our physical obsession is hard to overcome . . . leading to all sorts of confusing concepts that do not need to be confusing.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:15 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well presented, Hot!! It highlights the error of retaining a carnal (physical) viewpoint. Our physical obsession is hard to overcome . . . leading to all sorts of confusing concepts that do not need to be confusing.
Amen....Hot and I don't agree on everything but he certainly out did himself with that post!!

Old 12-26-2009, 10:58 PM

205 posts, read 239,570 times
No while Jesus was in the womb he was controlling everything by the word of his power

Last edited by baront70; 12-26-2009 at 11:07 PM..

Old 12-26-2009, 11:34 PM

THe problem is the acronym from the King James it is the uniquely born one not begotten. Why cause he was GOD/man. Jesus is God in the flesh in God Head Jesus is the creative part of God and God the Holy Spirit is the communicative part of God and God The Father is the thinking part of God. All one but separate entities. just as we have brain hands and feet and mouth all one though. It is called the arm report that was sent down to earth to save the world. In other words God sent his arm down to the earth to save us. He created everything with the fleck of little finger but took whole arm to save us

Old 12-27-2009, 12:41 AM

Jesus was talking to babies as he is today, we have all came short of the glory of God. As stated in Isaiah we are filthy rags to God. None of us are any good to God and his perfection. He started with the basics and still no one wants to get out of the nursery. They run around thinking God is love when they don't have a clue what God's love is. God's love is nailing nails in your hands taking skin off your back and thorns in your head. Baby Christians and their ministers consider God has love like our human love but most wind up in divorce go figure or they think God is a genie rub him this wayor that way. THIS IS NOT GOD'S LOVE as it states my ways are higher from the earth to the heavens.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:23 PM

134 posts, read 59,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Then what are you? New Age, Jehovah witness? Muslim?
I cannot know how to approach the discrepancies you adhere to so fervently, without a profession of what you believe. You say Christ, Jesus, the man God, is not deity, then what are you?
Maybe Hotinaz is just somebody that read the Bible, saw some truth, and refuses to believe the lies being fed to the church by organized religions. Why do you assume he is new age or Jehovah Witness just because he doesn't buy the Trinity. A large number of people don't believe in the Trinity, but they sit in churches and listen to preachers that preach it even though the preachers themselves don't understand or believe it. You talk about blasphemy. Accusing a Christian of being a Muslim? Now THAT is blasphemy.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
You are quite correct that only God knows what is in a person's heart.

Your claim however that I am "unchristianlike" to "judge" you as "less than Christian" because you hold a different religious view is, quite simply, nonsense.

Under your flaweed standard, anyone with a view different from mine (Catholic) could claim to be a "Christian" just because they believe themselves to be. This includes Oprah Winfrey, who promotes books like "A Course in Miracles" which reference Jesus Christ but teach doctrine that is entirely incompabitle with Christianity as it has been commonly understood over the centuries.

An Evangelical and Catholic may disagree vigorously on matters of doctrine, but they will both agree on the Nicene Creed, and are thus both "Christian." You, since you reject the Nicene Creed, are outside the scope, and it is not "unchristianlike" for me to say so--any more than it is "unchristian" for me to point out that Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, and Reverend Moon are not Christians.
You call yourself Christian because you believe in the Trinity like all good Catholics. I bet you also consider Mary to be Gods mother as well as the Queen of heaven, put up heathen trees decked out in silver and gold and celebrate Jesus' birthday on the Sun gods birthday, celebrate good friday and easter sunday even though Jesus died on Passover and rose 3 days and 3 nights later on First Fruits. You pray to dead saints that can't hear you and bow down before renamed pagan idols. I could keep going but my finger is tired of typing..............P.S....Do easter bunnies hide their eggs so nobody will find out they have been having sex with chickens?

Old 11-12-2016, 07:57 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daingerfield View Post
You call yourself Christian because you believe in the Trinity like all good Catholics. I bet you also consider Mary to be Gods mother as well as the Queen of heaven, put up heathen trees decked out in silver and gold and celebrate Jesus' birthday on the Son Gods birthday, celebrate good friday and easter sunday even though Jesus died on Passover and rose 3 days and 3 nights later on First Fruits. You pray to dead saints that can't hear you and bow down before renamed pagan idols.
I hope you realize that when you reply to a seven year-old post, the poster you're quoting is probably not going to see your response, particularly he/she hasn't been seen or heard from in over six years.

Old 11-12-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Some will say that this whole discussion over the divinity of Jesus is unnecessary. They say, the important thing is to accept Jesus as your personal savior. On the contrary, the Bible’s writers stressed that, in order to be saved, it is necessary to understand who exactly is God. Failure to understand this would be to violate the first and greatest of all the commandments in the Bible. This commandment was emphasized by Jesus, on whom be peace, when a teacher of the Law of Moses asked him: “‘Of all the commandments, which is the most important?’ ‘The most important one,’ answered Jesus, ‘is this: Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’” (Mark 12:28-30).

Notice that Jesus was quoting the first commandment from the book of Deuteronomy 6:4-5. Jesus confirmed not only that this commandment is still valid, but also that it is the most important of all the commandments. If Jesus thought that he himself is God, why did not he say so? Instead, he stressed that God is one. The man who questioned Jesus understood this, and what the man says next makes it clear that God is not Jesus, for he said to Jesus: “‘Well said, teacher,’ the man replied. ‘You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.’” (Mark 12:32).

Now if Jesus was God, he would have told the man so. Instead, he let the man refer to God as someone other than Jesus, and he even saw that the man had spoken wisely: “When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, ‘You are not far from the kingdom of God.’” (Mark 12:34). If Jesus knew that God is a trinity, why did not he say so? Why did not he say that God is one in three, or three in one? Instead, he declared that God is one. True imitators of Jesus will imitate him also in this declaration of God’s oneness. They will not add the word three where Jesus never said it.
Does salvation depend on this commandment? Yes, says the Bible! Jesus made this clear when another man approached Jesus to learn from him (see Mark 10:17-29). The man fell on his knees and said to Jesus: “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?” Jesus replied: “Why do you call me good? No one is good — except God alone.” (Mark 10:17-18).

By so saying, Jesus made a clear distinction between himself and God. Then he proceeded with the answer to the man’s question about how to get salvation. Jesus told him: “If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.” (Matthew 19:17, also see Mark 10:19).
Remember that the most important of all the commandments, according to Jesus, is to know God as the only God. Jesus further emphasized this in the Gospel According to John. In John 17:1, Jesus lifted his eyes to heaven and prayed, addressing God as Father. Then in verse three, he said to God as follows: “Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.” (John 17:3).
This proves beyond doubt that if people want to get eternal life they must know that the One, whom Jesus was praying to, is the only true God, and they must know that Jesus was sent by the true God. Some say that the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Ghost is God. But Jesus said that the Father alone is the only true God. True followers of Jesus will follow him in this too. Jesus had said that his true followers are those who hold to his teachings. He said: “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.” (John 8:31). His teaching is that people must continue to keep the commandments, especially the first commandment which emphasizes that God is alone, and that God should be loved with all our hearts and all our strengths.

We love Jesus, but we must not love him as God. Today many love Jesus more than they love God. This is because they see God as a vengeful person who wanted to exact a penalty from them, and they see Jesus as the savior who rescued them from the wrath of God. Yet God is our only savior. According to Isaiah 43:11, God said: “I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior.” Also God said according to Isaiah 45:21-22: “Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.”
Pray for God’s Divine Love….he will answer you always and send to you his Holy Spirit.
Please though, do not judge those that do not believe your way. You cannot deny that there are different religions that interpret the word differently. Whose to say that the path you are on is the correct one? Please do not call God’s children unchristianlike for loving him….I do not believe that he would approve of that.

Jesus came to teach us.....if we would only listen.

If the vast amount of Christians believe in the trinity….perhaps the ones that don’t are on the narrow road that leads to God! They are the few J
Thumbs up to you Sisterkat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity