Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 05:09 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times

Advertisements

Presented in this link are seven commonly misunderstood verses, that cause people to think that they can lose their salvation. You can not lose your salvation. Now learn what these verses really mean, and stop carrying around the burden of thinking that your continued salvation depends on you. It doesn't. And I am not going to bother to answer any questions from people who have no intention of getting rid of their legalism. You will either agree with what is presented, or you won't. Now here it is.

False Salvation (http://jrcyouth.com/love3.htm - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 05:12 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,616,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
And I am not going to bother to answer any questions from people who have no intention of getting rid of their legalism.
Mr. Pot meet Mr. Kettle

Old 11-27-2009, 07:36 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,463,609 times
Believers who choose to rebel against their heavenly Father by living a fruitless unprincipled life are in danger of an early physical death (sin unto death) Proverbs 11:19 - As righteousness leads to [prolonged] life, so he who pursues evil pursues it to his own death

Mike, the above is from your article that I started to read, but stopped after I read the above . . .

This means that the person who wrote this, has proof that some believers who rebelled had their life span cut short??

Old 11-27-2009, 07:53 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,468,595 times
So if I go out and rape and murder 100 children I still can't lose my salvation????

Old 11-27-2009, 08:26 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesigns64 View Post
Believers who choose to rebel against their heavenly Father by living a fruitless unprincipled life are in danger of an early physical death (sin unto death) Proverbs 11:19 - As righteousness leads to [prolonged] life, so he who pursues evil pursues it to his own death

Mike, the above is from your article that I started to read, but stopped after I read the above . . .

This means that the person who wrote this, has proof that some believers who rebelled had their life span cut short??
Your life on this earth can be cut short under the sin unto death. This means that under maximum discipline, God takes a person out of this life, and that person than goes home to be with the Lord.This is not loss of salvation. If you stopped reading because of that, then you are not interested in finding out the truth, but would rather just stick with your pre-conceived notions.

The entire point of the article is to show that the verses listed do not mean that you can lose your salvation, but mean something else entirely.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:04 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike
....And I am not going to bother to answer any questions from people who have no intention of getting rid of their legalism. You will either agree with what is presented, or you won't. Now here it is.....

Yea right...you think you can just post whatever you want to, and not have to answer to the rest of the board here...how "COMFY" it must be for you to be able to sit there, behind your little computer screen, and not have to see any of us face to face and say such things and not deal with reproach! It's a bit cowardly of you Mike.

You can continue to post your "junk" till the cows come home...and until you honestly and sincerely answer this post, you only prove to me and everyone else how little, if anything, you really do understand concerning the Truth of God's Holy Word...your very reputation and character are on the line here, and you are the only one responsible for them...your pride Mike...your pride is what will be your demise.

...would you please give me your explanation of this verse...I would appreciate it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna
Hebrews 3:12...which states: "Take heed, *brethren, *lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in *departing from the living God.

Quote:

*brethren. those who are of the faith...who live for God, in His righteousness...family...like-minded.

*lest there be. Greek (indicative), "lest there be shall," lest there be, as I fear there is; implying that it is not merely a possible contingency, but that there is ground for thinking it will be so.

*departing. -apostatizing. The opposite of "come unto" Him (Hebrews 4:16) God punishes such apostates in kind. He DEPARTS from them - the worst of woes!...to apostatize from Christ is to apostatize from the living God (Hebrews 2:3).

...and if you cannot...or refuse to answer this...either way...this will be the proof that what you teach, about not being able to lose your salvation is a lie from the pit of hell...and your inability to simply admitt that you are wrong...(your pride)...will be every reader's answer...that you are a false teacher...teaching false doctrine, and no one should take you seriously any longer, if they did in the first place...and everything you accuse others of, you are guilty of yourself.

I hope, for your sake, that it doesn't turn out this way.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:07 PM

127 posts, read 149,343 times
Quote:
Your life on this earth can be cut short under the sin unto death. This means that under maximum discipline, God takes a person out of this life, and that person than goes home to be with the Lord.This is not loss of salvation. If you stopped reading because of that, then you are not interested in finding out the truth, but would rather just stick with your pre-conceived notions.

The entire point of the article is to show that the verses listed do not mean that you can lose your salvation, but mean something else entirely.

So what you’re saying is if a believer starts to sin every day, he might just get to heaven quicker?

Old 11-27-2009, 10:33 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,350,657 times
Quote:
And I am not going to bother to answer any questions from people who have no intention of getting rid of their legalism.
Imagine that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

Yea right...you think you can just post whatever you want to, and not have to answer to the rest of the board here...how "COMFY" it must be for you to be able to sit there, behind your little computer screen, and not have to see any of us face to face and say such things and not deal with reproach! It's a bit cowardly of you Mike.

You can continue to post your "junk" till the cows come home...and until you honestly and sincerely answer this post, you only prove to me and everyone else how little, if anything, you really do understand concerning the Truth of God's Holy Word...your very reputation and character are on the line here, and you are the only one responsible for them...your pride Mike...your pride is what will be your demise.

...would you please give me your explanation of this verse...I would appreciate it...

Quote:
Hebrews 3:12...which states: "Take heed, *brethren, *lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in *departing from the living God.

Quote:

*brethren. those who are of the faith...who live for God, in His righteousness...family...like-minded.

*lest there be. Greek (indicative), "lest there be shall," lest there be, as I fear there is; implying that it is not merely a possible contingency, but that there is ground for thinking it will be so.

*departing. -apostatizing. The opposite of "come unto" Him (Hebrews 4:16) God punishes such apostates in kind. He DEPARTS from them - the worst of woes!...to apostatize from Christ is to apostatize from the living God (Hebrews 2:3).

...and if you cannot...or refuse to answer this...either way...this will be the proof that what you teach, about not being able to lose your salvation is a lie from the pit of hell...and your inability to simply admitt that you are wrong...(your pride)...will be every reader's answer...that you are a false teacher...teaching false doctrine, and no one should take you seriously any longer, if they did in the first place...and everything you accuse others of, you are guilty of yourself.

I hope, for your sake, that it doesn't turn out this way.
Very good, Verna. The rest of Hebrews goes on to warn believers of not believing, and talks of those in the wilderness who didn't get to enter His rest because of disbelief/disobeying. Hmmm...wonder what that could be likened to?

Old 11-27-2009, 10:47 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Imagine that.

Very good, Verna. The rest of Hebrews goes on to warn believers of not believing, and talks of those in the wilderness who didn't get to enter His rest because of disbelief/disobeying. Hmmm...wonder what that could be likened to?
Yes, it does...you know it and I know it, and Mike knows it as well...hence, he is so guilty of picking and choosing what specific Scritpture he uses to say what he wants it to say...but God forbid you give him Scripture that calls him out!!! He just crawls back into this little dark corner of his, and refuses to answer them...BECAUSE HE CANNOT!!

Do not be deceived people, you absolutely CAN lose your salvation! God's Word says so! If you believe in God's Word, you find this to be true...if you do not believe in God's Word...then it doesn't matter to you anyway...so be it!

Old 11-27-2009, 11:18 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,153,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgy1961 View Post
So what you’re saying is if a believer starts to sin every day, he might just get to heaven quicker?
Yea, that is how I read into it as well. Sadly, this is NOT the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity