Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:29 PM

988 posts, read 1,903,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Another evidence of Amos 8:11 being in effect in these latter days.

Amos 8:11Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

Interesting quote. Did you know that the ten commandments in Hebrew are actually the ten "words" of God. The ten commandments were the ten words spoken by God on Mt. Sinai. There is clearly a famine here as most reject the necessity of keeping them.

HK

dâbâr (H1697)

From H1696; a word; by implication a matter (as spoken of)

And he wrote H3789 upon H5921 the tables H3871 (H853) the words H1697 of the covenant, H1285 the ten H6235 commandments. H1697
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 06:03 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Interesting quote. Did you know that the ten commandments in Hebrew are actually the ten "words" of God. The ten commandments were the ten words spoken by God on Mt. Sinai. There is clearly a famine here as most reject the necessity of keeping them.

HK

dâbâr (H1697)

From H1696; a word; by implication a matter (as spoken of)

And he wrote H3789 upon H5921 the tables H3871 (H853) the words H1697 of the covenant, H1285 the ten H6235 commandments. H1697
Jesus is the Word and by keeping the faith in Him is taking Him at His Word.

John 6:28Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? 29Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

I do not see any re-enstatement of the Ten Commandments here.

We live the christian life by faith in the Son of God, not by religiously keeping the Ten Commanements. Either you believe God will help you live as His which is more than anyone can do by the Ten Commandments or you are labouring in unbelief as if He is not able.

Galatians 2: 20I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Only God can enable you to live the christian life. Keeping the Ten commandments has not made anyone good nor good enough for God because the law shows our need for the Saviour to help us live as His.

No Jewish person has been able to keep the commandments at all. Jesus said so.

John 7:18He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. 19Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

We can only be witnesses of the Good News by being witnesses of our faith in Jesus Christ. If we seek to be identified by the law, then we shall be judged by the law, and yet Paul did not care to be identified by the law but by the faith in Christ.

Philippians 3:9And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

The just shall live by faith, not by the Ten commanments. The just shall see that by faith in the Son of God, they shall be doing more than the ten commandments cover as we find ourselves able to love our neighbor as ourselves as we believe in Jesus Christ in loving Him by trusting Him at His word that He shall be Our Good Shepherd as well as Our Saviour in helping us to live as His.

Galatians 3:26For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

We can no longer be known as the children of God by keeping the Ten Commandments for that speaks to us and points to our glory for keeping them by which we shall be judged by them and found guilty.

Romans 10: 1Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved. 2For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. 4For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. 5For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them....

Romans 3: 19Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. 20Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

We are to be witnesses of our faith in Jesus Christ, not of ourselves as if we can keep the ten commandments when we, obviously, as sinners, cannot.

Man had their chance with the Law: God's chosen people.. no less.

Now it is God's turn as the Jewish religion fades away with the Old Covenant to replace with a New Covenant where it is God's turn now as He writes the laws in our hearts: He will do it if you trsut Him thus becoming a reconciled realtionship with God through Jesus Christ.

May God cause the increase.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity