Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 08:55 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,456,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
"Many" is not all. Would you deny that some are sick because they disobey God?

HK
That is between the party of the first part and God, not between you or me.
All that concerns you or me is our own personal relationship with the LORD, and we have His promise that if we have committed sin and confess that, then He is faithful and just to forgive us -and heal us.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 01-08-2010 at 09:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 08:55 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raelyn28 View Post
Oh Miss Blue!! I am sorry that you had to be abused by the spiritual abuse of those congregations that asked you such a cruel question.

And this is why I believe balance is everything in our relationship to God..
Many people have been hurt in the name of Christianity and people who do not KNOW the Word.

I agree with your post and sorry about your daughter. I have a sister that currently has Cancer and is not expected to live much longer.
I am sorry Raelyn to hear about your Sister. I wish their was a heart Icon - I would put it here.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:25 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister Raelyn...
It's so tough to watch a loved one suffer.

To the op...
oh brother... this topic is making me all rambly.

Yes, many people are sick.

But do you know why many people are sick? A big reason is because a lack of love in this world.

Why do I say this? Because it is true.
Look at all of the businesses, corporations, private individuals who pollute and destroy this earth. (Oh yes and how many christians go on to make fun of those who trying to save the environment saying "you are worshipping the creation instead of the creator!" what a bunch of madness for someone to say this!!) God CREATED this world. As we DESTROY it, we DESTROY ourselves.

So many christians thinking they are so darn special and high and mighty sitting up on their little pedestals looking down at all the "heathens" who don't believe as they do. "you are sick because you disoboey". All the while polluting the hell out of the earth theirselves and not doing a darn thing about the real reason why so many people are SICK.

There is so much corruption in this world. So much GREED. We do NOT treat this earth and it's inhabitants as if we were all in this together, as if we were ALL CONNECTED. (Which WE ARE!!!) We do not see ourselves connected with other human beings, with animals, with nature... because we are too busy dividing ourselves over our beliefs and looking up in the sky for God to come whisk away from all of this.

So many people are sick because we are making ourselves sick from a lack of love for this earth, for our fellow man, for our creatures that God blessed this earth with. We are greedy, we use and abuse, we take advantage, we destroy. THAT is why we are sick. Cause and effect.

My mother who died of cancer did nothing wrong. She wasn't stricken with cancer because SHE disobeyed. It's a domino effect. What hurts one hurts us all. We are here to learn this very valuable lesson. It won't always be this way. LOVE conquers ALL.

Thank GOD for the many people who are involved with making this world a better place. And oh yes, christians... there are many, many from other faiths and from NON-faiths who are doing what they can to put more love into this world and trying to make this world a better place for all. God SEES the heart.

WE are all in this together.
Do we get sick because of choices we make as individuals? yes, of course.
However there are also a vast number of people who are ill because of the NON-LOVE that has trickled down. A person has no care or thought or love for his neighbor, he's not going to care if his corporation is using toxic ingredients that are making people sick. Example after example after example of this.

LOVE CONQUERS ALL. And God bless those who are doing something about the sick state that this world is in. Eventually, all will learn what we came to learn. LOVE.

GOD IS LOVE.

Love is the most powerful thing in this universe.
Eventually all will finally one day GET IT.
But I think we have to learn the hard way.
I truly do feel that all of this is happening to show us the destructive nature of non-love and how it trickles down and one day we will understand more clearly the absolute complete and total POWER of love.
LOVE CONQUERS ALL.

The more love, the less dis-ease.
Love isn't just a pretty little frilly word.
Love is the MOST POWERFUL thing in this universe.
GOD IS LOVE.
If you meditate on that for awhile maybe the picture will become more clear. Truly LOVING all means doing no harm. Do you know what this world would start to look like if EVERY SINGLE person loved every human as himself? And loved God with all of their heart??? This is why LOVE is the most powerful thing in this universe. Keep thinking on that. And just what it would mean. All across the board. It's a pretty amazing picture.
But for now... we have to understand the destruction of non-love.

Eventually God WILL be ALL in ALL. and that amazing picture will come to life. But for now.... we can let HIS love into our heart, the kind of love that makes it easy to LOVE your neighbor, and even love your enemy.

If it is LOVE, it is FROM God. No matter what religion or non-religion you are in. All LOVE comes from one source. God. He WILL BE all in all.

Sorry to sound preachy and rambly...
I include myself in all of this.
I'm down here with the rest of everyone else.
walking through the muck and just trying to see things in the way I think God wants us to see them.

just my .02

peace.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:27 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,401,895 times
Well here I am a heathen non believer! And I usually only get 2 colds per year. Maybe a sinus infection that clears up without treatment.....hmmmm....guess I am not a sinner although a non believer. Yay!

Old 01-08-2010, 10:29 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Well here I am a heathen non believer! And I usually only get 2 colds per year. Maybe a sinus infection that clears up without treatment.....hmmmm....guess I am not a sinner although a non believer. Yay!
Note the O.P. said, "many"

Old 01-08-2010, 10:40 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,149,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister Raelyn...
It's so tough to watch a loved one suffer.

To the op...
oh brother... this topic is making me all rambly.

Yes, many people are sick.

But do you know why many people are sick? A big reason is because a lack of love in this world.

Why do I say this? Because it is true.
Look at all of the businesses, corporations, private individuals who pollute and destroy this earth. (Oh yes and how many christians go on to make fun of those who trying to save the environment saying "you are worshipping the creation instead of the creator!" what a bunch of madness for someone to say this!!) God CREATED this world. As we DESTROY it, we DESTROY ourselves.

So many christians thinking they are so darn special and high and mighty sitting up on their little pedestals looking down at all the "heathens" who don't believe as they do. "you are sick because you disoboey". All the while polluting the hell out of the earth theirselves and not doing a darn thing about the real reason why so many people are SICK.

There is so much corruption in this world. So much GREED. We do NOT treat this earth and it's inhabitants as if we were all in this together, as if we were ALL CONNECTED. (Which WE ARE!!!) We do not see ourselves connected with other human beings, with animals, with nature... because we are too busy dividing ourselves over our beliefs and looking up in the sky for God to come whisk away from all of this.

So many people are sick because we are making ourselves sick from a lack of love for this earth, for our fellow man, for our creatures that God blessed this earth with. We are greedy, we use and abuse, we take advantage, we destroy. THAT is why we are sick. Cause and effect.

My mother who died of cancer did nothing wrong. She wasn't stricken with cancer because SHE disobeyed. It's a domino effect. What hurts one hurts us all. We are here to learn this very valuable lesson. It won't always be this way. LOVE conquers ALL.

Thank GOD for the many people who are involved with making this world a better place. And oh yes, christians... there are many, many from other faiths and from NON-faiths who are doing what they can to put more love into this world and trying to make this world a better place for all. God SEES the heart.

WE are all in this together.
Do we get sick because of choices we make as individuals? yes, of course.
However there are also a vast number of people who are ill because of the NON-LOVE that has trickled down. A person has no care or thought or love for his neighbor, he's not going to care if his corporation is using toxic ingredients that are making people sick. Example after example after example of this.

LOVE CONQUERS ALL. And God bless those who are doing something about the sick state that this world is in. Eventually, all will learn what we came to learn. LOVE.

GOD IS LOVE.

Love is the most powerful thing in this universe.
Eventually all will finally one day GET IT.
But I think we have to learn the hard way.
I truly do feel that all of this is happening to show us the destructive nature of non-love and how it trickles down and one day we will understand more clearly the absolute complete and total POWER of love.
LOVE CONQUERS ALL.

The more love, the less dis-ease.
Love isn't just a pretty little frilly word.
Love is the MOST POWERFUL thing in this universe.
GOD IS LOVE.
If you meditate on that for awhile maybe the picture will become more clear. Truly LOVING all means doing no harm. Do you know what this world would start to look like if EVERY SINGLE person loved every human as himself? And loved God with all of their heart??? This is why LOVE is the most powerful thing in this universe. Keep thinking on that. And just what it would mean. All across the board. It's a pretty amazing picture.
But for now... we have to understand the destruction of non-love.

Eventually God WILL be ALL in ALL. and that amazing picture will come to life. But for now.... we can let HIS love into our heart, the kind of love that makes it easy to LOVE your neighbor, and even love your enemy.

If it is LOVE, it is FROM God. No matter what religion or non-religion you are in. All LOVE comes from one source. God. He WILL BE all in all.

Sorry to sound preachy and rambly...
I include myself in all of this.
I'm down here with the rest of everyone else.
walking through the muck and just trying to see things in the way I think God wants us to see them.

just my .02

peace.
Good post!! Thanks for your thoughts..

Old 01-08-2010, 10:44 PM

789 posts, read 1,527,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post
To imply AT ALL that anyone, ANYONE, irregardless of age or anything else is sick due to a "disobedience to god" is not only completely offensive and disturbing, but as well ignorant and ugly to even suggest. I dare anyone who actually believes this to approach a sickly person, be it a child, adult, or even family member and tell them that. Often I will preface some harsh things I say on here with an apology or some degree of understanding, but for this subject- no way. I stand firm that the topic of this thread is based in pure ugliness and negativity and I think it is terrible for anyone who has lost a loved one to have to even come to realize that there are some people on this planet who lack the sensitivity it takes to refrain for suggesting such notions.

On a side note, to add something positive here, I would like to say that if there is anyone on here who has lost someone close to you due to illness or strife of any kind, my heart goes out to you, and please know that whomever it was who left this earth did so simply because they had already given you and the world all they were able to give, and it was their time to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
It amazes me that such primitive concepts still exist! These were the thoughts of the Salem magistrates that killed the supposed witches! Demons everywhere from your sin! Problem is that when the Kupps get sick.. what then? They say they are sinless so I guess either they are wrong now or do sin which causes the sickness. As we age getting sick is inevitable. I wonder if the Kupps ever get immunized.. Demon repellent shots perhaps?

Seems like the logic of this thread leaves no room for empathy toward those who are ill regardless of the cause.

I thought we left such superstitious nonsense behind years ago.. what century are we living in anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post

Wow, this is the best thread ever, haha. I now know that I will never practice the Judeo-Christian faith again. If I have to be this illogical as the true believers, then it's not worth it. Also, it seems that the faith has gone through many transitions, incarnations, and mutations and is nothing like it was when it began. To many have changed it. It is lost.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:47 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Quote:
It amazes me that such primitive concepts still exist! These were the thoughts of the Salem magistrates that killed the supposed witches! Demons everywhere from your sin! Problem is that when the Kupps get sick.. what then? They say they are sinless so I guess either they are wrong now or do sin which causes the sickness. As we age getting sick is inevitable. I wonder if the Kupps ever get immunized.. Demon repellent shots perhaps?

Seems like the logic of this thread leaves no room for empathy toward those who are ill regardless of the cause.

I thought we left such superstitious nonsense behind years ago.. what century are we living in anyway?
Heh! don't you believe Jesus rose from the dead? but you go with your selected "logic" I am sure it works for you. Curious when people live a sexually promiscuous lifestyle and are infected with AIDS. Did they not disobey God and as a result got sick?

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-08-2010 at 10:56 PM..

Old 01-08-2010, 11:45 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:

The Kupps and many others here are steeped in primitive superstitions . . . superstitious beliefs are very powerful to carnal minds and satanic in origin.

Sickness has nothing to do with sin or God . . . other than those diseases that are clearly caused by careless or irresponsible actions taken. FREE WILL AND DOMINION means exactly THAT!! God is NOT punishing anyone with sickness . . . or interfering in any way with our carnal/ physical existence. God is available SPIRITUALLY for SPIRITUAL purposes, period! Carnal superstitious minds are deceived by Satan.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:05 AM

789 posts, read 1,527,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Kupps and many others here are steeped in primitive superstitions . . . superstitious beliefs are very powerful to carnal minds and satanic in origin.

Sickness has nothing to do with sin or God . . . other than those diseases that are clearly caused by careless or irresponsible actions taken. FREE WILL AND DOMINION means exactly THAT!! God is NOT punishing anyone with sickness . . . or interfering in any way with our carnal/ physical existence. God is available SPIRITUALLY for SPIRITUAL purposes, period! Carnal superstitious minds are deceived by Satan.

You just blew my mind haha.

Also, for the true believers. Blame God for the Good and the Bad. No matter how severe or perverse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity