Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:36 AM

218 posts, read 397,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
I'm sorry kirkwhisper....I can't hear you. I have the music turned up a bit too loud.
♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♪ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
Which means, if you are listening to corrupt music, are not listening to the Holy Spirit either....mocker.

Nonetheless, I wish you well.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:40 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkwhisper View Post
Which means, if you are listening to corrupt music, are not listening to the Holy Spirit either....mocker.

Nonetheless, I wish you well.
That is true

Old 02-03-2010, 08:44 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,064,272 times
If I'm listening to goobers on a message forum who are trying to manipulate and judge based on their own understanding I'm not listening to the Holy Spirit either.

When you feel the need to preach, start by practicing on yourself. I guarantee....you'll have enough material to last a lifetime.

Matthew 7:3-5
NIV
Quote:
3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in someone else's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from the other person's eye.
The Message Version-a fitting interpretation in this case
Quote:
"Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults— unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging. It's easy to see a smudge on your neighbor's face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own. Do you have the nerve to say, 'Let me wash your face for you,' when your own face is distorted by contempt? It's this whole traveling road-show mentality all over again, playing a holier-than-thou part instead of just living your part. Wipe that ugly sneer off your own face, and you might be fit to offer a washcloth to your neighbor.

Old 02-03-2010, 08:55 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
If I'm listening to goobers
Is that acting Christ like?

Quote:
on a message forum who are trying to manipulate and judge based on their own understanding I'm not listening to the Holy Spirit either.
Are you not doing the same? Furthermore if they are preaching about God and the truth then YES you are listening to the Holy Spirit.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
Is that acting Christ like?

Are you not doing the same? Furthermore if they are preaching about God and the truth then YES you are listening to the Holy Spirit.
No, it's not Christ like. Christ didn't hold back, He used much HARSHER language towards the religious establishment of his time, the 'fundamentalists' who cared more about keeping the law than they cared about people. Who do you think spoke the verse I posted?!?! He was a teacher, not a Bible thumper. When an adulterous woman was brought before him he did not throw a stone, he questioned those who brought her!! Jesus broke the Sabbath, Jesus ate with tax collectors and sinners, Jesus showed us that relationships trump the law. No, I don't think He wouldn't have called anyone a goober. He was much more direct.

As for preaching....I don't assume that because someone is preaching about God that it is the Holy Spirit speaking. How foolish and naive. I listen to NO MAN, unless and until it is confirmed in me by the Holy Spirit. I know you like to follow and put your trust in men, preachers, etc...but I follow God alone. When/if God convicts me of my musical preferences I'll respond accordingly. I have no such confirmation regarding kirkwhisper...he's just a banging gong and clanging cymbal. And, he's not the only one.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:23 AM

218 posts, read 397,728 times
Quote:
No, it's not Christ like. Christ didn't hold back, He used much HARSHER language towards the religious establishment of his time, the 'fundamentalists' who cared more about keeping the law than they cared about people. Who do you think spoke the verse I posted?!?! He was a teacher, not a Bible thumper. When an adulterous woman was brought before him he did not throw a stone, he questioned those who brought her!! Jesus broke the Sabbath, Jesus ate with tax collectors and sinners, Jesus showed us that relationships trump the law. No, I don't think He wouldn't have called anyone a goober. He was much more direct.

As for preaching....I don't assume that because someone is preaching about God that it is the Holy Spirit speaking. How foolish and naive. I listen to NO MAN, unless and until it is confirmed in me by the Holy Spirit. I know you like to follow and put your trust in men, preachers, etc...but I follow God alone. When/if God convicts me of my musical preferences I'll respond accordingly. I have no such confirmation regarding kirkwhisper...he's just noise to me.
By the attitude you are expressing it is clear you don't listen to God either. You already mocked us by admitting that your 'music was too loud'. Somehow you think the Lord is pleased with that.

Well, O.K.

Bye.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
By the attitude you are expressing it is clear you don't listen to God either. You already mocked us by admitting that your 'music was too loud'. Somehow you think the Lord is pleased with that.

Well, O.K.

Bye.
And you judged, not even knowing what music I listen too.
And you continue to judge.
Somehow you think the Lord is pleased with that.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:08 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Your post was okay up until....................including dark music, I must disagree. Have you, actually listened to the words that they say about Jesus, in Dark Music. I don't think you would claim God likes "DARK MUSIC".
I personally don't now nor have I ever listened to dark music. The point I was trying to make is that what makes us happy is what makes God happy. The type of music doesn't matter becasue even if the words were dark, God will always look to the heart of the man, the soul. So, one can sing and play dark music while ones soul is in the light. Most musicians tend to play what the audiance can relate to so they play it. not necessarily meaning their own soul is dark.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:10 AM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,623 times
It's funny - I've met people who thought Keith Green and Wayne Watson were Satan incarnate and that when I was drumming for the worship team that we were going to you-know-where since we played Chris Tomlin songs (!). "Christian rock" has been around for a long time so I wonder why it's an issue.

People do need to remember that everything, EVERYTHING in this universe was created by God, for God. That includes "rock music". So, there is a reason why God uses this music despite my lack of understanding. Trust me, it frustrates me to no end not understanding why.

Two things I know for sure:

1) There is a God
2) I'm not him.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:13 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
About 15 yrs ago I was called to a house that was haunted with poltergeist (demonic spirits). The little lady of the house was hooked on The Wall by...(guess who?)...Pink Floyd. The hard, heavy rock would play in the house even when the stereo player was switched off. Demons love that stuff.
It would seem to me that this ladies soul was already dark and nothing that listening Pink FLoyd did to her. I personally, have many thanks to Pink Floyd and their music because it was the music I listened after I had found God. I didn't like them before. Once I really listened to the words and the instrumentals, they have very beautiful music.

God loves us no matter what we listen to. Christian rock is no exception nor is listening to it a rule. We have free will and God will always abide by that law first. He will never take that away. You cannot compare one soul to another as each of us are different in our personalities. We are each other through our soul however, our personalities will always be different. We each have our own way of getting back to God. Controlling others by saying what they listen to is wrong is not of God nor would Jesus ever allow it. Control is not love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity