Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 06:58 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,666,662 times

Advertisements

Ezekiel 11:

19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and I will give them an heart of flesh:

20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

God's purpose in establishing the New Covenant was to free man from his bondage to sin and his flesh...to create and to place a new heart and spirit within him, giving man the will and the power to obey and do His will!!!

"For if that first covenant had been without defect, there would have been no room for another one or an attempt to institute another one. However He finds fault with them, (showing its inadequacy), when He says, Behold, the days will come, says the Lord, when I will make and ratify a new covenant or agreement with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. It will not be like the covenant that I made with their forefathers on the day when I grasped them by the hand to help and relieve them and to lead them out from the land of Egypt, for they did not abide in My agreement with them, and so I withdrew My favor and disregarded them, says the Lord. For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will imprint My laws upon their minds, even their innermost thoughts and understanding, and engrave them upon their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. And it will nevermore be necessary for everyone to teach his neighbor and his fellow citizen or every one his brother, saying, Know - (that is,) perceive, have knowledge of and get acquainted by experience with - the Lord; for all will know Me, from the smallest to the greatest of them. For Iw ill be mercifulo and gracious toward their sins and I will remember their deeds of unrighteousness no more. When God speaks of a new (covenant or agreement), He makes the first one obsolete - out of use. And what is obsolete - out of use and annulled because of age - is ripe for disappearance and to be dispensed with altogether" (Hebrews 8:7-13).

The one thing God required of the Israelites under the Old Covenant was 100 percent OBEDIENCE. It was impossible for them to obey, and they lived in bondage to the Law. Under the New Covenant God still requires His people to walk in 100 percent obedience to Him. The difference is that HE HAS MADE IT POSSIBLE!!!

Under the New Covenant God's people are not only redeemed from sin, they are freed from the bondage to the Law. Through Jesus Christ, Who is the Mediator of an even better covenant, they are given a new heart to love God with all their strength and to walk in a covenant relationship with Him in 100 percent obedience to His will. In this covenant relationship they have inherited ALL of the promises of the covenat.
To fully understand and take hold of your inheritance...the rights and privileges you have been given in the New Covenant...you MUST FIRST UNDERSTAND THE OLD COVENANT, ITS TERMS AND THE PROMISES THAT GOD GAVE ISRAEL.

God has entered into a blood-covenant relationship with you. He has bound Himself to you with a covenant...a legally binding contract...which cannot be broken. Through this powerful covenant His great desire is to "do you good." He has laid down, provided and secured everything you need in an EVERLASTING covenant.
All the blood covenants entered into by men throughout the ages cannot begin to compare with the blood covenant God has made with us. He has bound Himself to us with a covenant...a legally binding contract...which cannot be broken!!!

He has laid out the terms, conditions and blessings of His covenant which provides for all our needs!!!
He has made an oath binding Himself to keep His covenant and establish it as an everlasting...eternal...covenant!!!
He has provided a blood sacrifice and sealed the covenant between us with the precious blood of Jesus!!!
He has placed upon us His cloak of power and authority and bestowed upon us His glory...all that He has and is!!!
he has entered into a blood relationship with us, making us one with Him and has given us the all-powerful NAME OF JESUS!!!
He has promised to frive out all our enemies, to stand with us in the midst of death, never to turn away from us nor forsake us!!!
He has prepared for us a covenant meal...a communion table...and has invited us to come and walk in COVENANT RELATIONSHIP with Him!!!

This is the real observance of the communion table!!!

Communion is not an outward ceremony that we partake of together occasionally in our churches. Observing communion is walking in a covenant relationship with God. It is a daily communion of spiritually discerning the body of the Lord...recognizing our covenant relationship with God...daily appropriating, by faith, our covenant rights and privileges!!!

The children of Israel failed to inherit the promises under the Old Covenant...they "limited the Holy One of Israel." Are you limiting the "Holy One of Israel"? Are you limiting what God wants to do for you through the covenant He has established with you?

WALK IN THE REVELATION THAT GOD HAS ENTERED INTO A POWERFUL BLOOD-COVENANT RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU, WHERE HE MADE YOU ONE WITH HIM. YOU HAVE INHERITED ALL THAT HE HAS AND IS...IF YOU WALK IN OBEDIENCE TO HIS COMMANDMENTS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 09:03 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,327,329 times
Can you tell me where to find the terms and conditions for the blessings in the New Covenant please ?.

Yes i know we reap what we sow , but using an Old Covenant quote "He does not reward us according to our iniquities.

Also the wonder of the difference between to 2 covenants is we are powerless in ourselves to live in either of them ,and the greater wonder of it all is He who is the Author and Finisher of our faith WILL complete that which HE started in us .

So i from the New Covenant do not see terms and conditions , but a Faithful God who will work in His people to conform them to His image . Now that is an awesome God we can boast in , rather than get caught in the trap that if we meet certain conditions He moves in our lives, thus becoming alienated again in our minds through our own self righteousness.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:46 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,152,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Can you tell me where to find the terms and conditions for the blessings in the New Covenant please ?.

Yes i know we reap what we sow , but using an Old Covenant quote "He does not reward us according to our iniquities.

Also the wonder of the difference between to 2 covenants is we are powerless in ourselves to live in either of them ,and the greater wonder of it all is He who is the Author and Finisher of our faith WILL complete that which HE started in us .

So i from the New Covenant do not see terms and conditions , but a Faithful God who will work in His people to conform them to His image . Now that is an awesome God we can boast in , rather than get caught in the trap that if we meet certain conditions He moves in our lives, thus becoming alienated again in our minds through our own self righteousness.
Amen and amen...

Old 02-08-2010, 09:39 PM

12 posts, read 24,477 times
pcamps said:
Quote:

If someone told you where to find the terms and conditions, would you carefully follow them?

Quote:

Have you considered that He wishes to adopt us as His children? As such He seems to expect us to live to His standard (Mat 5:48, I Pet 1:15-16, 1 John 3:3). Do you think you have no part in what He started?

Quote:
So i from the New Covenant do not see terms and conditions, but a Faithful God who will work in His people to conform them to His image .

I would suggest you’re not looking very hard. He rewards those who diligently seek Him (Heb 11:6). Our faithful Creator knows the difference between right and wrong, between what is good and what is evil. He always chooses the right and the good. If He made you to do this you would be a robot. Perhaps you need to diligently seek so you get in the habit of seeking what is right and thus conform to His image. In this way He will make you in His image by means of your own hand.

Quote:
Now that is an awesome God we can boast in

Indeed He is.

Quote:
, rather than get caught in the trap that if we meet certain conditions He moves in our lives, thus becoming alienated again in our minds through our own self righteousness.

Self-righteousness is not one of His characteristics. So if one is seeking to be His child and His creation in His image, there will be no self-righteousness. Yes, many who seek His way have not yet arrived. That doesn’t necessarily mean they are going south instead of north. Perhaps they’re just on the well traveled path with everyone else, instead of the narrow difficult path that few find.

LEWard

Last edited by LEWard; 02-08-2010 at 09:48 PM..

Old 02-09-2010, 04:44 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,666,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEWard View Post
pcamps said:

If someone told you where to find the terms and conditions, would you carefully follow them?

Have you considered that He wishes to adopt us as His children? As such He seems to expect us to live to His standard (Mat 5:48, I Pet 1:15-16, 1 John 3:3). Do you think you have no part in what He started?

I would suggest you’re not looking very hard. He rewards those who diligently seek Him (Heb 11:6). Our faithful Creator knows the difference between right and wrong, between what is good and what is evil. He always chooses the right and the good. If He made you to do this you would be a robot. Perhaps you need to diligently seek so you get in the habit of seeking what is right and thus conform to His image. In this way He will make you in His image by means of your own hand.

Indeed He is.

Self-righteousness is not one of His characteristics. So if one is seeking to be His child and His creation in His image, there will be no self-righteousness. Yes, many who seek His way have not yet arrived. That doesn’t necessarily mean they are going south instead of north. Perhaps they’re just on the well traveled path with everyone else, instead of the narrow difficult path that few find.

LEWard
...Amen LEWard, you said it well...Blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity