Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:54 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
I pray that many will just listen and put aside the indifferences they are carrying in their hearts and hear what the Spirit of God is saying to the people and this world....

Blessings...
As long as you and your ilk are SHOUTING the "precepts and doctrines of men written in ink" in blind obedience to primitive superstitious ideas of God from 2000 - 4000+ years ago . . . you cannot be silent enough to actually listen to the Holy Spirit within telling you to soften your hearts, listen to what God has "written in our hearts" and rejoice in the Good News of Christ . . . NOT the heinous, evil, fear-ridden news of Satan and his minions driving out love (which is God) from your hearts. God bless with love, Mystic.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:29 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
[quote=Ilene Wright;13005012]
Quote:

I just wanted to address this part of your post June since the post was directed at Robin. There is a misunderstanding going on here that needs to be cleared up. Robin said, and you quoted it, that:

Quote:

I love Robin and he has been through a very difficult experience and has come back from the worst stroke imaginable. I love his tenacity and truthfulness and love of God's word. What I think Robin was trying to say here, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, is that the gospel IS NOT full of hatred, that the reception of it is what is sometimes hate filled.

He's saying that we, the spreaders or messengers of the gospel, are being attacked personally for sharing the gospel, the true gospel, and not that the message itself is hate filled. The message of Jesus Christ is the ultimate love story, filled with hope as well as sadness that Jesus had to die so that we may live eternally.

I hate labels but Robin and I are both fundamentalists and to us that is the only way to be. It is the only truth, it is the only way possible to interpret the Bible through the Holy Spirit. It's fundamental, basic truth where the word of God is taken for exactly what it says, no additions and no take aways. The Bible is clear on heaven AND hell, and that's part of the message that we have to share.

The hatred, mocking, disdain, and whatever else comes into play when we share it......personal attacks and always "it's your way or no way" type of thing. Our argument is we are simply the messengers of the TRUTH, not the creators of it. It is what it is, and there are some things that many others have decided to embellish and twist scripture to suit their own desires because they don't like certain portions of that message.

Do you not understand that this is a battle? It's a battle between light and darkness, good and evil that has been raging since the beginning of time. It's not about us, it's about the spiritual, unseen things that we really have no clue about. We won't until we die. I'd prefer to die knowing I'm going to live forever and that's what I want for every other single person on this planet and so does Robin.

It doesn't get anymore loving than that, whether one likes the way the truth is presented or not. These other false beliefs and teachings have to be dealt with and sometimes it causes a battle. So be it. We are told to fight against these things in the Bible and being a total believer in the Bible and it's innerancy means I and people like Robin have to do it.

Some biblical scriptures to show what I'm talking about is the TRUTH:

Ephesians 6:11-13

11Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.
12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

We're told to fight, put on the full armor of God and stand our ground. That's all that we are doing. Evil comes in many forms and don't think that it's not right here, on this board in the form of deception and false teachings. Satan will use anyone and anything to make sure that as many people as possible never see the light of heaven and Jesus Christ.

To me and to Robin and many others there is NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING, more important than this. It's the only thing in this world that matters. Everything of this world is going to pass away and all things will be made new in Christ Jesus and trust me when I say that the time for that to happen is NOW, at any moment. Our commandment to share the gospel and fight these battles is imperative.
Your so good to meI just wish they could see the truth, thats all I ask

Old 02-22-2010, 01:34 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Helios, I was once a stanch fundamentalist so I know exactly where they are coming from, practically word for word, thought for though. Later I got caught up in a Christianity you were more familiar with where there was not all this talk about hellfire and brimstone or condemnations but rather, more about the "love of god" and the focus on that. As great and relieving as that was which helped to loosen me up a bit and stop thinking the sky as falling and all those bad, evil people in "the world" had some sinister plot up their sleeves, that did not keep me in the faith either. Like you believe, the core is VERY faulty and you can't be too honest with yourself going forward with this knowledge.
Have you so misunderstood what we share. I do not remember talking about hellfire and brimstone or even condemning anyone. They condemn themselves when they reject the truth, another quote from the Bible so you don't confuse it with my personal perception. How can anyone trully love anyone if they are not willing to share the truth?

Old 02-22-2010, 01:44 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Have you so misunderstood what we share. I do not remember talking about hellfire and brimstone or even condemning anyone. They condemn themselves when they reject the truth, another quote from the Bible so you don't confuse it with my personal perception. How can anyone trully love anyone if they are not willing to share the truth?
I never said YOU did, Robin.

As for 'the truth' you speak of, thanks but no thanks. Don't take it personal or that I hate YOUR truth or even you. I just don't care for it or find the objective sense in it.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:35 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
[quote=RobinD69;13008889]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post

Your so good to meI just wish they could see the truth, thats all I ask
I don't want to say we're fighting a losing battle but we are in a battle with the devil himself.......we may lose this battle but we know who wins the war. What we do here Robin is not in vain, someone is listening and someone will be reading this now and in the future. That's reason for hope.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:36 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,447,455 times
[quote=Ilene Wright;13034143]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post

I don't want to say we're fighting a losing battle but we are in a battle with the devil himself.......we may lose this battle but we know who wins the war. What we do here Robin is not in vain, someone is listening and someone will be reading this now and in the future. That's reason for hope.
It's nice to see you posting again Ilene. Even if no one listens, God says ''So shall My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11

Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 PM

Thanks Mike, just decided that I shouldn't be giving up at a time like this when the world is quickly coming to a close. And you're right, God's word will stand no matter what and will accomplish just what He desires.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:28 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
God desires to save all mankind. Just sayin...

Old 02-24-2010, 12:36 PM

Not again........this thread is not about universalism. God desires to save all of mankind and that's why He offered His only Son, Jesus Christ, as a way for man to be saved. Now not all men accept Jesus Christ, do they? And even the Bible foretells that not all will be saved.

Matthew 7:13-14

The Narrow and Wide Gates

13"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.
14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:48 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
[quote=Mike555;13038525]
Quote:

It's nice to see you posting again Ilene. Even if no one listens, God says ''So shall My word be which goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me empty, Without accomplishing what I desire, And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:11
Quote:
Thanks Mike, just decided that I shouldn't be giving up at a time like this when the world is quickly coming to a close. And you're right, God's word will stand no matter what and will accomplish just what He desires.

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 02-24-2010 at 01:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity