Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:55 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
All will believe, all will bow- but most will go to destruction.
It is at that stage of believing and bowing that Gods mercy kicks in.

It is part of God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble." 6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 04:57 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,948,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Phazelwood,
I agree.

Christendom teaches just the opposite of 1 Timothy 2:4-6.
They teach God will not save all mankind.

God tells us to teach that "God will save all mankind."

Christendom teaches just the opposite of 1 Timothy 4:10:
They teach "God is not the saviour of all mankind, just believers."

God tells us to teach that "God is the Saviour of all mankind, especially them that believe"
It does not say "only them that believe."

Christendom gets many teachings of God backwards and they condemn all who want to actually do specifically what God tells us to teach!

Well, there are many intepretations of course.

I know that God never gives up on anyone because he never gave up on me.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:59 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,567,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
It is at that stage of believing and bowing that Gods mercy kicks in.

It is part of God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble." 6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, 7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
Bowing does not necessarily indicate humility.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:11 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Bowing does not necessarily indicate humility.

1Cor 15:22-28

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. 25 For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. 26 The last enemy that will be destroyed is death. 27 For “He has put all things under His feet.”[a] But when He says “all things are put under Him,it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

The end is where Jesus puts all enemies under his feet - in subjection to him, and he in turn is subject to God

The greek word that is used is this one

G5293
ὑποτάσσω
hupotassō
hoop-ot-as'-so
From G5259 and G5021; to subordinate; reflexively to obey: - be under obedience (obedient), put under, subdue unto, (be, make) subject (to, unto), be (put) in subjection (to, under), submit self unto.

It does mean obedient.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:19 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Well, there are many intepretations of course.

I know that God never gives up on anyone because he never gave up on me.
Yes He gives up on no one , even when we are at our very worst we are still precious in His sight .

Old 02-23-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
It does mean obedient.
And other things.

If the Bible is not considered as a whole, it will say anything.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:11 AM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
I believe God will be ALL in ALL...
Just as the bible says.

I do wonder about *SOME* (not all! but some) of those who preach ET...
is it because there are those whom you do NOT wish to be saved?
God sees everyone's heart.

Love your enemies.
Three simple words.
and yet it can be such a profound springboard to truth.

ET is the easy way out...if you think that God hates your enemies just like you do and they won't end up in heaven like you, then in your mind, there is no work to be done on your part, on your heart. And further, the belief of ET can really let that hate for another really take root. You can even begin to think you are JUSTIFIED in your hatred. That your hatred is RIGHTEOUS HATRED! As if there is such a thing! Yes, many show the fruit of one that stores hatred in their heart. Ask yourself... are you one of those folks?

Ask yourself, who are your enemies deep within your heart?

There are reasons why people do not yet see truth.
I know he had to some heart surgery on me before he revealed things to me.

LOVE CONQUERS ALL.
How does one DESTROY his enemies? By making them his friends.

Just some things to ponder..

peace.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I believe God will be ALL in ALL...
Even though that will be hell, for most.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Yes.

1C 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Praise God.
A different fire.

Praise God.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:56 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Even though that will be hell, for most.
This tells me how depraved the human mind is to think such a thing. It tells me that the religious mindset has no understanding of the heart of God and the power of the cross.It tells me that this mindset has a belief and no knowledge of Him.

Someone tell me how God so loved the world that he told it "if you do not believe i love you you will perish in eternal flames" ?.

Here's a new one "perish in eternal flames" , how can you perish in flames eternal ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity