Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 02:15 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times

Advertisements

I don't think it can be done using scripture (or anything else for that matter) but so many think "hell" actually exists and people will actually burn in "hell" forever.

So prove to me that hell exists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 02:44 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,897 times
I believe in hell here on earth as well as a dark type of hell on the other side. THE REAPING MUST FOLLOW THE SOWING AS CERTAINLY AS THE DAY FOLLOWS THE NIGHT. What will each of our harvests be?

God's laws governing our lives are perfect, we reap what we sow, we attract what we desire; I want to sow good seeds and reap good fruit, I want to desire spiritual blessings and reap Love and joy. Individual hardships can help us learn important lessons; when we learn to trust God to help us develop our Love natures, we can rise above suffering and pain.

I believe that some of us will find darkness upon death.....but I believe that each soul will eventually climb out of the darkness and God will not let one soul suffer forever. Some souls will be at-one with the Father and live with him in the highest heavens and some will simply just climb out of the darkness. I believe Hell is a condition brought on by ourselves.

Souls that have truly found God and desire his Love to permeate their souls and to TRULY be at-one with him may have very little reaping to do.

So yes, I believe in some form of hell but it is not one of fire and brimstone it is more a place of darkness, brought on by ones own dark soul conditions. These are my beliefs and to me they make total sense.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
I believe in hell here on earth as well as a dark type of hell on the other side. THE REAPING MUST FOLLOW THE SOWING AS CERTAINLY AS THE DAY FOLLOWS THE NIGHT. What will each of our harvests be?

God's laws governing our lives are perfect, we reap what we sow, we attract what we desire; I want to sow good seeds and reap good fruit, I want to desire spiritual blessings and reap Love and joy. Individual hardships can help us learn important lessons; when we learn to trust God to help us develop our Love natures, we can rise above suffering and pain.

I believe that some of us will find darkness upon death.....but I believe that each soul will eventually climb out of the darkness and God will not let one soul suffer forever. Some souls will be at-one with the Father and live with him in the highest heavens and some will simply just climb out of the darkness. I believe Hell is a condition brought on by ourselves.

Souls that have truly found God and desire his Love to permeate their souls and to TRULY be at-one with him may have very little reaping to do.

So yes, I believe in some form of hell but it is not one of fire and brimstone it is more a place of darkness, brought on by ones own dark soul conditions. These are my beliefs and to me they make total sense.
Hell in the abstract as you describe is great but I was told hell is a literal place located in an actual place (middle earth maybe?) where people will actually burn without being consumed but yet feeling the pain for eternity.

I see no proof of a literal lake of eternal fire with literal people in it.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:52 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Are you talking to Lord Jesus Christ, because he is the only one who can prove that hell exists.........Ask Jesus to prove that hell exist......Pray Father I understand that everything of Jesus Belongs to me, Help me understand the wisdoms of the ages that you have, confirm of your word that Hell the devils place exist, protect me when you bring this wisdoms In Jesus Mighty name I pray....

Old 03-25-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Are you talking to Lord Jesus Christ, because he is the only one who can prove that hell exists.........Ask Jesus to prove that hell exist......Pray Father I understand that everything of Jesus Belongs to me, Help me understand the wisdoms of the ages that you have, confirm of your word that Hell the devils place exist, protect me when you bring this wisdoms In Jesus Mighty name I pray....
Well in doing that I became labeled a universalist...

Still no proof hell exists but quite the contrary... hell not existing was proven instead to me by God.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:02 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Well in doing that I became labeled a universalist...

Still no proof hell exists but quite the contrary... hell not existing was proven instead to me by God.
Yeah -- same here, I have prayed and studied and eternal hell has not been proven at all - in fact, the opposite.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:03 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
I don't think it can be done using scripture (or anything else for that matter) but so many think "hell" actually exists and people will actually burn in "hell" forever.

So prove to me that hell exists.
Let me ask you a question.

Why do you even bother posting on this forum? You don't believe that the Bible is the word of God. And that's why you said you don't believe that scripture can be used to prove the existence of hell. And since you don't believe the Bible is the word of God you therefore feel free to reject the fact that Jesus Christ is God. In another thread you rejected every single Scripture that showed that Jesus Christ is God. You went out of your way to twist the Scriptures in order to avoid having to admit that the Bible says He is God. You choose not to believe in angels either elect or fallen and which includes Satan. You don't believe in hell. You don't believe in the rapture. You don't believe in Heaven. If I remember correctly, you once said that you used to believe these things but now you don't. Instead, you have conjured up some personal fairy tale belief of what your little 'g' god is but who is not the God of the Bible.

And now you ask people to prove to you that Hell exists. Why should anyone bother? Why do you even aledge to believe in Christ? You don't believe in the Jesus Christ of the Bible. And therefore, you have an improper object of faith.

I assume since you once said that you love to debate, that that's the reason you post this stuff that you do. And that since you don't believe in God as He has revealed Himself in Scripture you have no problem with blaspheming Him for the purpose of having a debate. So, is that the reason you now ask people to prove to you that hell exists?

Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 PM

783 posts, read 1,326,819 times
Quote:
Can anyone prove that Hell is a real place?
Sure read this one of several accounts: 48 Hours in HELL!

Old 03-25-2010, 03:18 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,113,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Yeah -- same here, I have prayed and studied and eternal hell has not been proven at all - in fact, the opposite.
Exactly the same for me. I cried out to God to ask him what I was supposed to do to help people avoid hell. A little doubt flared up in my heart that God would not burn people for eternity, but I felt so guilty for doubting what I'd been taught, that I asked for forgiveness. I then began searching the scriptures to build up my faith in the existence of hell to make those thoughts go away, and that's when God opened my eyes to the truth of His true character. I never expected what God revealed to me. I was a typical Baptist girl just asking God to "help my unbelief" in the existence of hell and the Holy Spirit taught me the truth, and I'm so thankful that He did.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:19 PM

894 posts, read 1,127,407 times
<humor>

Hell, Michigan USA 48169 (http://www.hell2u.com/hell_history.htm - broken link)
Hell, Michigan - Town of Hell

Unofficial Population: 266

Current Forecast: 39 degrees
Wind: NE 11 mph
Humidity: 70%

Conclusion: Looks like 266 people are freezing their butts off in Hell today.

</humor>

On a serious note, yes, IMO Hell does exist. It's as real as Heaven.
For everything that exists, there is a total opposite side to it. Hell, is the opposite of Heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity