Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:27 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Ironic isn't it? The 'Christians' are offended by UR. If I preached it at an Assembly of God church, they'd probably call security on me.

Imagine telling your own child this...

"Son/Daughter, I love you and have always loved you but you disobeyed me one too many times and haven't lived up to my high standards so come over here closer to the oven that I just turned on. I have it set for 600 degrees. Now, climb on in there, yeah, come on, you'll fit. I'm going to close the oven door now and this is where you'll be forever, and ever and ever and ever..and don't worry, I have it so your flesh won't burn off, you'll just feel the pain. Yeah, this hurts me more than it does you but after all , I am righteous and cannot allow hooligans into my presence"

NEXT!
Seriously, there is a cumulative feeling of bewilderment among the kids in Sunday School classes every week (I've met a few who've related this) that God's unparalleled love and mercy turns to God's unparalleled wrath and vengeance - and we tell them He changes not.

The Christian doctrine needs a tune up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2010, 10:35 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Ironic isn't it? The 'Christians' are offended by UR. If I preached it at an Assembly of God church, they'd probably call security on me.

Imagine telling your own child this...

"Son/Daughter, I love you and have always loved you but you disobeyed me one too many times and haven't lived up to my high standards so come over here closer to the oven that I just turned on. I have it set for 600 degrees. Now, climb on in there, yeah, come on, you'll fit. I'm going to close the oven door now and this is where you'll be forever, and ever and ever and ever..and don't worry, I have it so your flesh won't burn off, you'll just feel the pain. Yeah, this hurts me more than it does you but after all , I am righteous and cannot allow hooligans into my presence"

NEXT!
My mom used to tell me that very thing.... I love you BUT you're not doing what I deem 'christian-like' therefore you will burn forever.

I'm burning right now... oh.. maybe that's just the jalapenos I ate!

UR has definitely changed my life! I hope and pray everyone experiences God's love as I have!

(PS God MUST have a sense of humor if he created all of us!)

Old 05-19-2010, 11:07 AM

8,177 posts, read 6,925,948 times
The true gospel transforms the human heart.
And that is proof enough for me.
What it has done to MY heart.
and how it allows me to see others.
And see that His plan IS perfect.
A shift took place in my mind, heart and soul.
And it is impossible to shift back.
So much confusion and hypocrisy just burst into flames, like the impurities that are burned off when firing silver. Just flamed off and dissapeared in a puff of smoke. His refining fire is a beautiful thing. Because it frees us from what we need to be freed from. Impurities, dross.

The most important thing is it PROVED to me the absolute POWER of love.
How nothing else is as powerful.
Love conquers ALL.
He is overcoming ALL non-love.

All of the non-love that is being overcome in my own heart, due to HIS majestic, awesome, incredible, unbelievable LOVE is witness enough to HIS truth.
His love.

The darkness is no match.
There is no where we can go that is TOO FAR for His hand to reach out (like the Good Shepherd's hand) and draw us back.

Reconciliation.... the picture is so overwhelmingly beautiful.

Hallelujah.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:34 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Sparrow - indeed!

Consider this interpretation of the Revelation of Jesus Christ, as it was given to HIM!:

This is the revelation that God gave to Jesus as He walked with His Father in the earth realm, gaining from day to day and from experience to experience the understanding of who He was, why He was here, the power and glory of the Father’s life in Him, and the mission and purpose He should fulfill as a Son.

And now on Patmos Jesus gave this revelation to John to show unto the churches the things that were to come to pass in the lives of all who would follow the Lamb to mountZion. The "things which must shortly come to pass" have nothing to do with supposed events in the outer world; they have everything to do with the mighty processings and deep inworkings of God in His elect! They speak of the outworking of sonship life, victory, and maturity in the lives of the overcomers — many sons brought to glory! That is the reality that was to "come to pass," to be raised up in the earth for the blessing and deliverance of all creation.

Through His learning, His humbling, His sufferings, His disciplines, His obedience, and the revelation the Father gave Him, Jesus attained to the glory of manifested sonship. Now in the book of Revelation we see how we must be dealt with, how we must be humbled, purged of the beast nature, stripped of the spirit of the false prophet, chastened until the flesh is subdued, instructed in all righteousness, taught, matured, and anointed with the spirit of the Father until we find ourselves in the book of Revelation as the man-child caught up to the throne!

As overcomers, if we keep our works unto the end, we have wonderful promise and blessed assurance that we will be given power over the nations to rule them with a rod of iron, even as He received of His Father. There is the portion of the sons of God! Just as Jesus the Lamb is in the midst of the throne, having seven horns and seven eyes which are the seven spirits of God, so shall we share in the glory of the 144,000 lambs that stand with Him on mountZion, having His Father’s name in their foreheads. The book of Revelation is the revelation of the Son of God on the face of the earth, and the works that the Father wrought in Him to bring Him to the end of His ministry and onward to death, resurrection, ascension, glorification and exaltation! That revelation is the pattern for all who are putting on the Lord Jesus Christ!

Old 05-19-2010, 01:45 PM

823 posts, read 1,401,714 times
Default Thank God for His Divine Love

God’s love is so powerful, it has the ability to save, heal and transform lives.

It changes our thinking and breaks through lies and strongholds.

God has a deep desire for us to know and experience His love, to be healed and set free.

When our hearts are open to God, we become more responsive to His leading and guidance and have the desire to seek and know Him.

I pray for all of my brothers and sisters to experience and ask for God’s Divine Love so they may receive it in great abundance.

Together, with his Love in us - we can make a difference

Old 05-19-2010, 03:15 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
God’s love is so powerful, it has the ability to save, heal and transform lives.

It changes our thinking and breaks through lies and strongholds.

God has a deep desire for us to know and experience His love, to be healed and set free.

When our hearts are open to God, we become more responsive to His leading and guidance and have the desire to seek and know Him.

I pray for all of my brothers and sisters to experience and ask for God’s Divine Love so they may receive it in great abundance.

Together, with his Love in us - we can make a difference
Thanks SisterKat!!

Peace,
Brian

Old 05-19-2010, 06:52 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,194,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
As an American, I know first hand how much the American culture is currently steeped in the notion of "zero tolerance" and "let's stamp out all who are not like us" mentality.

The doctrine of UR is a doctrine/belief in the absolute Love of God, which is able to win even the most hardened of hearts.

I am really encouraged to see other Americans here who believe so strongly in the power of Love to change people for the better.

So UR has an effect on the social level too, as we bring the message of God's love and reconciliation to the masses. And this is very important.

Thanks to all here for your blessings,
Brian
American patriotism and traditional Christianity go hand in hand. I guess that is how we got Manifest Destiny and, what I like to call, "Elect Syndrome."

God is not an American and I'm sure that He's not interested in any of our kingdoms on earth. I am perfectly happy to be called an alien and stranger. I am also happy to have brothers and sisters from all nationalities out there who are on the same wave length. It has been pretty lonely for me here in the States, and I feel very blessed to have the Internet right now.

Thanks for being on the forums with us, Brian.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
American patriotism and traditional Christianity go hand in hand. I guess that is how we got Manifest Destiny and, what I like to call, "Elect Syndrome."

God is not an American and I'm sure that He's not interested in any of our kingdoms on earth. I am perfectly happy to be called an alien and stranger. I am also happy to have brothers and sisters from all nationalities out there who are on the same wave length. It has been pretty lonely for me here in the States, and I feel very blessed to have the Internet right now.

Thanks for being on the forums with us, Brian.
Wow! I feel connected on the "heart level!"
Thanks Herefornow!

In His name,
Brian

Old 05-20-2010, 04:39 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Love is what sets us free. Free to be the children of God that we were created for. If God did not love us, He would not be merciful or compassionate nor loving or wise. His love changed my whole world and I am so glad I found it! Through His love, all who wish to seek it, shall find it.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Love is what sets us free. Free to be the children of God that we were created for. If God did not love us, He would not be merciful or compassionate nor loving or wise. His love changed my whole world and I am so glad I found it! Through His love, all who wish to seek it, shall find it.
-Maybe even those who aren't looking will eventual be found by It, just like I wasn't looking when the Lord found me!

Blessings,
bri
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity