Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 02:26 PM

508 posts, read 1,674,010 times

Advertisements

Miracle Christ has worked in your life other than his sacrifice for us?

For me it has been the gift of my children. When God made me a parent, he gave me such a greater understanding of how much he loves me and all of his children. I learned in much greater detail the love, faith, and commitment it takes to sacrifice your life for the benefit of those that look to you for everything. Everyday, I look at my kids and see the miracles of God in my life and I give praise and thanks to Him alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 02:29 PM

1,082 posts, read 3,780,902 times
Gee, I think comfort though my trails...giving me strength.
And of course my husband and child...I was told I could not conceive.
MBG

Old 06-13-2007, 02:36 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,747,499 times
My children Ive changed so much, for the better I think, since Ive had children. And..my wife, who always tells me the truth about things whether I want to hear it or not.

Old 06-13-2007, 07:02 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,794,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
What is the greatest miracle Christ has worked in your life other than his sacrifice for us?
Bringing me back from the depths of despair. I was so close to "eternal rest" at one point in my life, I'd rather just forget that part. And no sooner had he done that for me, then BAM! - meet and marry my lovely wife and then BAM! - two kids 14 months apart! Wife and children really are a blessing.

Old 06-13-2007, 09:29 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
I consider my husband and children gifts from God. These are gifts to be loved and treasured all my life. The miracle of birth is truly amazing and it really gives you an idea of the love that God has for us, but His love is multiplied so many more times over.

I do believe that when I was in my great deep lonely depression, God worked a miracle by bringing me out of it, and in getting out of it, I realized that I had matured and learned something along the way. I call that period of time in my life my wandering thur my own desert. I am not sure that God brought me down, but once down, He did use this as a teaching tool to humble me, to teach me paitence, to teach me that I really don't know as much as I thought I did, He showed me that I was judgemental (and I was not even aware that I was until He showd me this), He taught me that to know Him meant that I had to study His Word, pray on it, and learn to walk in faith. I could go on and on, but I will say that during this time in my life, I grew stronger in my faith and learned that Jesus was indeed carrying me most all the time. I am fortunant to have gone through this simply because of what I have learned while going thru it. I am stronger in my walk in faith, I am more confident in my salvation than before I went thru this. Have learned that I can't do anything, but Jesus can. Have learned to wait on the Lord, and that His time is not my time. Oh, this was the greatest period of my life while at the same time it was the lowest time of my life. A miracle? Maybe not, but it was lifechanging for me. I like to think it is my own miracle.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:16 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,144,441 times
Well of coarse my children and husband are a tremendous demonstration of God's love in my life. But I'd have to say there was a miracle before that that allowed for those miracles. When I was 9 years old I was a spoiled brat (Nothing's changed...lol). I was miss popularity, miss social butterfly, miss genius and ofcoarse it all went to my head. I was involed in gymnastics, swimming, and figure skating which I was really really good at which of coarse also went to my head. Then after my
9th Christmas I was struck with a terrible illness that usually either took the life of those who were unfortunate enough to get it or left them a vegetable. Well I went through a tremendous battle which would take way too long to describe here , had to learn everything over again and fully recovered.
I know it was God's will for me to live and that He had a lot more planned for me in my life. Going throught this experience changed who I was. It made me a lot more compassionate and caring as a person. It helped me in so many ways. So this was the first great miracle in my life that started it all.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:28 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
Believe it or not, I think the greatest gift He gave me and my family is....

Our house burning down Sounds crazy huh?

We had only lived in that house for 29 days and there was an electrical fire that burnt our house down to the ground . Little did we know what He had planned for us. We were not Christians at the time. Thankfully we had home owners insurance and guess where we ended up? Next door to the Pastor of what would soon become our church and my entire family being saved

I won't go into all the details, as it is quite long, but there is no way we should have been able to buy the home we are in now. It was ONLY through the grace of God and His divine plan that things happened the way they did! During these past five years, we have really came a long way...

Old 06-14-2007, 07:45 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
Gosh, Brittz some of us , including myself don't have just one ..I am a woman and a mother so of course, the very greatest miracle for me are the four children that He gave me to raise and nourish in the light of his love. Miracles beget miracles, and my four have given me nine more miracles to see me through old age. If I am fortunate, and He is willing, I will hold a newborn miracle of this present young generation in my arms, before God holds me in his arms and takes me home.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:19 AM

23,020 posts, read 34,397,699 times
One of the greatest miracles for me was during the 16 years I stepped away from God and was not living the lifestyle of a Christian, the Lord watched over me and kept me safe, He remained faithful to me even though I was not faithful to Him. Then when I started going back to church I met my wonderful Christian husband a true gift from God.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:28 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,887,855 times
Greatest miracles? Hmmm...there's not a lot that have happened to me, so here they are: (mostly cut and pasted from another reply I made on this forum)

The secular world has "watered down" the definition of miracle, to the point that it means almost nothing today. (Like: "I managed to get up at 6AM this morning...a miracle!") However, a real miracle is a supernatural event, that absolutely "cannot" happen, in the scientific sense. (like walking on water, water to wine, axe heads floating, raising the dead, etc) I have experienced two (not so spectacular), in my lifetime. One was about 35 years ago. We were snowmachining in the mountains, and after several hours it got to snowing heavily, to where it was hard to see. In my group of three, I was asked to lead the way home. I moved along slowly, like 25mph, trying to see where I was going, but it was difficult to make out any direction, and depth perception was extremely poor, because everything was the same color: white. All of a sudden, and I mean RIGHT NOW INSTANTLY, my machine spun 90 degrees to the direction we were going, stopped, and the motor "shut itself off". The other two guys stopped because now I was in the way...sideways. I didn't know what happened, so I stood up to see. Right away, I saw a chasm about 15 feet away. If I had kept going, I would have led all of us down a sheer vertical 300 foot drop off! I never saw it, or anything else, but I remember shaking uncontrollably afterwards, from head to toes....thinking how close we had come....I was speechless. We looked, but there was NOTHING in the path that could have spun the machine that way: no rocks, stumps, holes, etc....nothing...but flat snow. Had God sent an invisible angel, to stop us? (I think so)
Another time was in my early adult life, also some 35 yrs ago. I was living alone, unemployed, and desperately poor. I had a wood stove for heat, in a beat-up old trailer house. Early one morning the fire had gone nearly out, and the temperature outside had dipped to 17 below zero during the night. (the coldest I have ever seen it in this part of Alaska). I went to the kitchen to make coffee. Holding the coffee pot in the kitchen sink, I opened the spigot and.....nothing! No water came out..... So I opened the hot water spigot and.....also nothing! The pipes were frozen solidy. So I went into the bathroom, and opened the spigots there, and NOTHING! ALL the pipes were frozen! I remember being really bummed, thinking "here I am without a job, flat-broke, and now I have no water!". I was depressed, so thought I should read the Bible. I found it, then sat down at the kitchen table. Not knowing where to start, it just flipped open, so with my eyes closed I pointed a finger at random.(yeah, I know, not wise...but I didn't know any better back then) When I opened my eyes, I read the verse OUTLOUD, Psalm 63:1:
Oh God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee: my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where
no water is.
INSTANTLY, and I mean RIGHT NOW, ALL the spigots in the house blasted out water at full force!!! Folks...you just cannot thaw out water pipes instantly...but it happened. Were these two events "miracles"? I think so...these things just don't happen...ordinarily. I didn't know either one was coming, and I sure didn't ask for them, but thank God they did! Miracles still occur...let's ask God to put more of them in our lives...

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity