Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 06:18 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times

Advertisements

Arguably the best looking modern station wagon

SRT Boss Ralph Gilles Wants To Revive Dodge Magnum, SRT Viper Likely

Last edited by NHDave; 07-15-2011 at 06:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2011, 06:25 PM

2,335 posts, read 4,148,399 times
Yes, please. I love this Gilles guy. He seems like the real deal. I wanted a Magnum 6 years ago but didn't buy one. I won't let that chance pass again.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:31 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Arguably the best looking station wagon ever

Your statement is truly in the eyes of the beholder.
I think the Magmun is a sharp looking wagon, but there are two out there, the 59 Mercury colony park wagon, and th 57 Buick Roadmaster wagon that make the Magnum look simple in comparison.
As soon as I dig up a picture, I will post it.
Bob.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post

Your statement is truly in the eyes of the beholder.
I think the Magmun is a sharp looking wagon, but there are two out there, the 59 Mercury colony park wagon, and th 57 Buick Roadmaster wagon that make the Magnum look simple in comparison.
As soon as I dig up a picture, I will post it.
Bob.
I'm editing my original post with just one more word

Old 07-15-2011, 06:51 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
Well, I've never liked the Magnum, of the modern ones, I find this one far far more attractive.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:56 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
By adding the word "Mordern", that makes your statement true as gold.
There isn't a better looking mordern wagon on the road than the Magnum.
I had toyed with trading my Dakota R/T in for one whern they first came out, but I decided to keep the pickup.
Unfortunately, if they do bring it back, it won't look like the previous ones at all.
I think chrysler, as well as the rest of the auto makers, has lost it's way when it comes to designing something worth looking at.
Case in point, their "new" Durango.
That thing is so ugly.
The American auto makers are brainwashed into thinking the public actually likes the cookie cutter crap coming from the Germans, and the Asians.
Style is the main reason I, and a whole lot of other people, buy one brand of vehicle over another.
I would put my 66 Thunderbird, and my 2002 Dakota pickup against anything on the market today as far as style is concerned.
The newer oners just don't have it.
Bob.

Old 07-15-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Well, I've never liked the Magnum, of the modern ones, I find this one far far more attractive.
Naaa, no comparison

http://arrigodcj.com/dodge/2005-dodge-magnum-1.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-15-2011, 07:00 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
Naaa, no comparison
I think it looks cheap, simple and frankly, really boring, the headlights look like they're lifted off a car from the late 80's if you ask me.

To each their own though.

Old 07-15-2011, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
By adding the word "Mordern", that makes your statement true as gold.
There isn't a better looking mordern wagon on the road than the Magnum.
I had toyed with trading my Dakota R/T in for one whern they first came out, but I decided to keep the pickup.
Unfortunately, if they do bring it back, it won't look like the previous ones at all.
I think chrysler, as well as the rest of the auto makers, has lost it's way when it comes to designing something worth looking at.
Case in point, their "new" Durango.
That thing is so ugly.
The American auto makers are brainwashed into thinking the public actually likes the cookie cutter crap coming from the Germans, and the Asians.
Style is the main reason I, and a whole lot of other people, buy one brand of vehicle over another.
I would put my 66 Thunderbird, and my 2002 Dakota pickup against anything on the market today as far as style is concerned.
The newer oners just don't have it.
Bob.
I'm curious to see what they do with it, I had an 01 Dakota 4x4, loved the styling but missed the power of the '92 Dakota 318 I traded in on it (but damn that thing was ugly). I'm not too keen on the new Durango, but the Charger, Challenger, and 300 are far from cookie cutter, you can tell a Dodge is coming when you see one

Old 07-15-2011, 08:10 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
The new Durango is miles better than the crud that came before it. Chrysler in general is finally putting out product that doesn't feel like a blind man put it together. If I was forced to buy a wagon it would have to be the CTS wagon because the Magnum is just cheap all around (the interior is simply awful) and although there's a 5 series in the garage, I'm not a big fan of euro wagons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram