Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 07:03 AM

723 posts, read 1,005,531 times

Advertisements

I have a 2012 and have never enjoyed or loved a car more! From the positive reactions, to the negative ones! From the comfort of the ride, to its crazy raw pavement eating power. For the first four seasons I had it on the road I used it from April to November then garaged it. At the end of last "season" I had about 34,000 miles having driven it as far south as Harpers Ferry, W.VA. and as far north as the Canadian border in Northeast Vermont. This is the first year I drove it through the winter except when there was either actual snow and ice or during the only really big blizzard we had I kept it off the road for a week until all the black ice was gone. I just went over 40,000 miles. My GF says that it is just getting broken -in and she knows a lot about muscle cars as she had a first generation CUDA which was a fast little beauty of a car with that almost art deco glass back body. I tend to agree that at 40,000 it has a lot of life yet. In a perfect world, (if i could afford it) I would keep driving this until the DEMON arrives. Garage this under 60,000 and pick up the DEMON. I love these cars! The Challenger, is the best fun, sporty car on the market today. I think they have gotten a little too expensive though. I saw a loaded up Hellcat at the dealer and the sticker was a smidge over $70k! WOW!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 07:15 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailCT View Post
I have a 2012 and have never enjoyed or loved a car more! From the positive reactions, to the negative ones! From the comfort of the ride, to its crazy raw pavement eating power. For the first four seasons I had it on the road I used it from April to November then garaged it. At the end of last "season" I had about 34,000 miles having driven it as far south as Harpers Ferry, W.VA. and as far north as the Canadian border in Northeast Vermont. This is the first year I drove it through the winter except when there was either actual snow and ice or during the only really big blizzard we had I kept it off the road for a week until all the black ice was gone. I just went over 40,000 miles. My GF says that it is just getting broken -in and she knows a lot about muscle cars as she had a first generation CUDA which was a fast little beauty of a car with that almost art deco glass back body. I tend to agree that at 40,000 it has a lot of life yet. In a perfect world, (if i could afford it) I would keep driving this until the DEMON arrives. Garage this under 60,000 and pick up the DEMON. I love these cars! The Challenger, is the best fun, sporty car on the market today. I think they have gotten a little too expensive though. I saw a loaded up Hellcat at the dealer and the sticker was a smidge over $70k! WOW!
My 2013 is an SXT (V6) but with 305 HP and no intention of racing, it has more than enough power for fun driving, even an occasional burnout. Mine had sat since last weekend when we got snow, followed by freezing and then more snow, but today I drove it in to work and realized how much I missed it. My older 4WD truck got me through some nasty roads, but if I'm going into a ditch I'd rather it not be the Challenger. After driving several with different engines I realized that I would get into a lot of trouble with a Hemi or Hellcat, and I like getting 20 mpg regularly, as much as 28 on road trips. It's especially fun on mountain roads, when passing slower vehicles up a hill. I don't know why the Hellcats cost so much more there, I see them here new for $62k.

Old 03-20-2017, 08:22 AM

1,098 posts, read 1,246,716 times
I am going to be shopping for a Challenger Scat Pack next Spring. I have always wanted a Challenger...I might finally take the plunge next year.

the 245s in the back worry me. I hear that you can upgrade to 275s in the 2017 if you order one.

Old 03-22-2017, 11:55 AM

723 posts, read 1,005,531 times
Default They are fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493 View Post
I am going to be shopping for a Challenger Scat Pack next Spring. I have always wanted a Challenger...I might finally take the plunge next year.

the 245s in the back worry me. I hear that you can upgrade to 275s in the 2017 if you order one.
I think the 392s have 255s in the rear and 245s in front. Not sure about other models?

Old 05-24-2017, 11:10 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,553,828 times
My Charger 392 has 245s all the way around. I'll keep 'em until they wear out. Wouldn't mind some 275s.

Got a steal on it due to FCA's 20% off campaign they had for a few weeks.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:42 PM

4,856 posts, read 3,282,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
My 2013 is an SXT (V6) but with 305 HP and no intention of racing, it has more than enough power for fun driving, even an occasional burnout. Mine had sat since last weekend when we got snow, followed by freezing and then more snow, but today I drove it in to work and realized how much I missed it. My older 4WD truck got me through some nasty roads, but if I'm going into a ditch I'd rather it not be the Challenger. After driving several with different engines I realized that I would get into a lot of trouble with a Hemi or Hellcat, and I like getting 20 mpg regularly, as much as 28 on road trips. It's especially fun on mountain roads, when passing slower vehicles up a hill. I don't know why the Hellcats cost so much more there, I see them here new for $62k.
I have a '13 Rallye Redline (V6). The Redline package (and maybe the SXT plus as well) is essentially an RT without the V8. Suspension, brakes, etc. I get bored easily and normally can't keep a car more than a couple years... but I'm over 4 in this one and not looking. Excellent ride, perfectly adequate fuel economy at near 27MPG combined, and if necessary, it'll get down the road quickly. I don't care for the latest interior changes, but I'll have to adapt if Dodge brings a new model year out with Furious Fuchsia.

Old 05-27-2017, 08:54 PM

345 posts, read 250,472 times
Generally, how do those things hold up?

It's about the only late model car I can stand, and I was thinking about buying one for a highway/trip car.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:21 AM

10,926 posts, read 22,003,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
I have a '13 Rallye Redline (V6). The Redline package (and maybe the SXT plus as well) is essentially an RT without the V8. Suspension, brakes, etc. I get bored easily and normally can't keep a car more than a couple years... but I'm over 4 in this one and not looking. Excellent ride, perfectly adequate fuel economy at near 27MPG combined, and if necessary, it'll get down the road quickly. I don't care for the latest interior changes, but I'll have to adapt if Dodge brings a new model year out with Furious Fuchsia.
We must be related. I was the same way for years. I went from a Dakota, to a Ranger, another Dakota, a Jeep, an 07 Charger, to a 2011 Charger Rallye Plus. Have had it since I saw it on the showroom floor and haven't had the desire to get rid of it yet. 6 years is a record for me.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:12 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,225,683 times
I'm at 33,000 miles, no problems so far. We just took a nice day trip in it today. Great fun to pass the slow cars on the freeway like they were standing still. Still no tickets (knocking on wood).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram