Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 05:22 PM

220 posts, read 145,893 times

Advertisements

"Oh he also told us the Ford Focus ST is a complete disaster. "Very possibly the worst car I have ever seen, or the best for me, but the worst for owners."

He never saw a Yugo! I bought a 1987 Bronco from a Ford dealer that also had sold the Yugo. The salesman said they had had every one come back.

There were endless jokes about them. Corny. Owner's manual was a bus schedule. What do you call a Yugo with a flat tire? Totalled. Best feature was the rear window defroster. Kept your hands warm while you pushed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2018, 05:40 PM

1,166 posts, read 879,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Stop embarrassing yourself. Chrysler's two cars are the Pacifica and the 300 and both are selling well. They could just sell one car and still survive. They're a brand not a company. Nobody cares if you don't like the 300. Remember that.

Also, you probably didn't hear this under the rock you've been living under, but they're far from hanging by a thread. Their stock price has doubled in the past year and sales are strong. https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidki.../#2d97eb843159
Embarrassing myself? Since when is it embarrassing to not like Chryslers? I'd be more embarrassed driving a Chrysler product LMFAO!

Old 03-10-2018, 06:36 PM

3,465 posts, read 4,850,696 times
Chrysler will be on the verge of bankruptcy again within 10 years.....write it down so you will remember it and wait. lol
Their warranty claims eat almost every bit of profit they make on a regular basis. When sales are really good along with the economy they look like they have it together, as soon as sales drop, their finance immediately do a 180 and it isn't long they are grasping to keep it together. If you would take the time to drill into their numbers, you would see how out of balance their warranty claims are on a continuous basis.

Old 03-10-2018, 07:35 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,693,775 times
They need to recruit some Japanese engineers.

Old 03-10-2018, 08:19 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,199,055 times
Chrysler doesn't have any small or midsize cars. If gas hits $5 a gallon again, and adjusted for inflation it did less than a decade ago, Fiat's going to dump them like a hot potato. That could mean they're out of business, unless the government's gullible enough to bail them out again.

Late 1970s. Chrysler's overly reliant on large, gas-guzzling vehicles, in this case full size sedans. Recessionary economy, sagging sales. Gas crisis hits in 1979, and gas prices shoot up. Chrysler's sales fall to competitors who offer more efficient vehicles, namely GM, Ford, and imports. Result: bailout in January 1980.

After that, Chrysler re-invests in more efficient vehicles (K-Cars and minivans). They look good on the showroom floor and are reasonably reliable. A few years pass by. Corners are cut, reliability sinks. The company chases what seems "cool" and offers rebates and discounts to move metal. It works for a while, then customers leave the company in droves when they see the unreliable vehicles the company is peddling.

Late 2000s. Chrysler's overly reliant on large, gas-guzzling vehicles, in this case SUVs and pickups. Recessionary economy, sagging sales. Gas crisis hits in 2008, and gas prices shoot up. Chrysler's sales fall to competitors who offer more efficient vehicles, namely Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and Ford (again). Result: bailout in May 2009.

We're going back into the same cycle. For a while, Chrysler put some effort into small, efficient cars, e.g. the Dart and 200. But now Chrysler doesn't make any small and midsize cars. What are they making? Trucks. Jeeps. Big cars. They look good on the showroom floor, but reliability ratings are much lower than many competitors.

See a pattern here? This is Chrysler in 1975 and 2005 all over again. They're just waiting for another gas price increase and/or recession to leave them reeling. They've been lucky to crash at times when the government was willing to bail them out. Next time they might not be so lucky.

I'd say that if Chrysler goes out of business, Jeep will survive. Jeep's their big cash cow. When AMC went belly up in 1987, Jeep was sold off. There isn't much that's desirable about Chrysler other than Jeep and RAM trucks. Sure, there are the muscle cars, but if they were discontinued people would just buy Mustangs, Camaros and Corvettes instead. There's the Pacifica minivan, but again, why not just buy an Odyssey or a Sienna?

Old 03-11-2018, 06:01 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,970,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
Embarrassing myself? Since when is it embarrassing to not like Chryslers? I'd be more embarrassed driving a Chrysler product LMFAO!
You’re embarrassing yourself because you don’t know anything about them and expect to be takin seriously.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:08 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,441,949 times
Love all the nay sayers on here who think they know all their is to know about Chrysler gloom and doom but in reality know nothing about the company all they are is internet jockeys who pretend to know about everything but actually know nothing.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:15 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,970,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
Chrysler doesn't have any small or midsize cars. If gas hits $5 a gallon again, and adjusted for inflation it did less than a decade ago, Fiat's going to dump them like a hot potato. That could mean they're out of business, unless the government's gullible enough to bail them out again.

Late 1970s. Chrysler's overly reliant on large, gas-guzzling vehicles, in this case full size sedans. Recessionary economy, sagging sales. Gas crisis hits in 1979, and gas prices shoot up. Chrysler's sales fall to competitors who offer more efficient vehicles, namely GM, Ford, and imports. Result: bailout in January 1980.

After that, Chrysler re-invests in more efficient vehicles (K-Cars and minivans). They look good on the showroom floor and are reasonably reliable. A few years pass by. Corners are cut, reliability sinks. The company chases what seems "cool" and offers rebates and discounts to move metal. It works for a while, then customers leave the company in droves when they see the unreliable vehicles the company is peddling.

Late 2000s. Chrysler's overly reliant on large, gas-guzzling vehicles, in this case SUVs and pickups. Recessionary economy, sagging sales. Gas crisis hits in 2008, and gas prices shoot up. Chrysler's sales fall to competitors who offer more efficient vehicles, namely Toyota, Honda, Nissan, and Ford (again). Result: bailout in May 2009.

We're going back into the same cycle. For a while, Chrysler put some effort into small, efficient cars, e.g. the Dart and 200. But now Chrysler doesn't make any small and midsize cars. What are they making? Trucks. Jeeps. Big cars. They look good on the showroom floor, but reliability ratings are much lower than many competitors.

See a pattern here? This is Chrysler in 1975 and 2005 all over again. They're just waiting for another gas price increase and/or recession to leave them reeling. They've been lucky to crash at times when the government was willing to bail them out. Next time they might not be so lucky.

I'd say that if Chrysler goes out of business, Jeep will survive. Jeep's their big cash cow. When AMC went belly up in 1987, Jeep was sold off. There isn't much that's desirable about Chrysler other than Jeep and RAM trucks. Sure, there are the muscle cars, but if they were discontinued people would just buy Mustangs, Camaros and Corvettes instead. There's the Pacifica minivan, but again, why not just buy an Odyssey or a Sienna?
Just stop already.
Chrysler makes the world’s only plug in minivan. They’re more than prepared for $5 gas.

Again...Chrysler is a brand, FCA is the company. Ram doesn’t make any compact cars either. Fiat doesn’t make a pickup truck. FCA has same automotive lineup balance as everybody else. Right now SUVs and trucks reign supreme. Even Lamborghini is making them now. If you’re going to sit this wave out making economical junk waiting for $5 gas, you will bankrupt long before then.

Anybody who swears by reliably ratings these days and doesn’t drive a Honda or Toyota is a hypocrit.
Ford’s entire reliability dropped just because My Ford Touch was a disaster not because it left you stranded. Toyota’s reliability is due to using proven, no thrills, outdated infotainmemt systems. Of course everybody looked the other way when gas pedals started driving themeselves. GM had their ignition issue. Volkswagen cheated on their emissions test. Why Chrysler gets all this random hate, I have no idea.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:42 AM

6,741 posts, read 4,431,979 times
All brands have their disasters. Just pick one and start spewing off.

Old 03-11-2018, 06:46 AM

14,188 posts, read 22,784,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
Two weekends ago, my Dodge Dakota crossed the 293,000-mile mark. The engine is original to the truck, with only the water pump and A/C compressor needing to be replaced, the former of which I replaced myself in just two hours. The dashboard has no warping, cracking or fading, because a little bit of Armor-All three or four times a year goes a long way. There's minimal wear on the carpet near the accelerator, and on the left edge of the driver's seat. Unfortunately, the original transmission failed at 251,000 miles, but that's more than likely my fault for never replacing the transmission fluid. Maybe the new transmission can get my truck to 500,000 miles before causing any trouble.

Bottom line, Chrysler hasn't given me any reason not to buy their products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram