Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 02:49 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,118,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I think my friend who actually works at FCA world headquarters as a engineer should know better than a magazine.
LOL...those guys are always the last to know! Them and middle managers.

FWIW, I think the big (one of.) mistakes Dodge is making is in colors...sure the Charger/Challenger get decent colors but the other vehicles all have crappy color options. Sure, you can choose from two whites, two blacks, two greys...but not much else.

I'd love to see the Durangos with high impact colors as well...or at least a light or medium blue! B3 and or B5 would be nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 09:40 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,180,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I doubt there’s a desire for traditional cars anytime soon. There’s just no longer a reason to buy them.
They ride lower, don’t necessarily get better mileage, and have less cargo. Modern trucks and SUVs have done too good of a job of offering more versatility without the compromises that drove people to sedans.
SUVs are harder to see around when walking or in a traditional car. Plus traditional cars do get better gas mileage and handle better. Wagons have similar cargo space as these faux-SUVs that are so popular nowadays. When gas prices shoot back up for a while, I guarantee sedans will make a comeback.

I like the way my household does it. One SUV and two cars, for three drivers total. And that's a real SUV - a Toyota 4Runner that can haul lots of cargo, tow if it needs to, deal with snow, and it's very roomy inside.

SUVs and trucks do have their place, but for them to be 70% of new vehicle sales is excessive. I'm not saying rewind the clock to the 1970s when SUVs were a niche thing, but rather to about 2005 when SUVs made a healthy 25-30% chunk of the market would be good.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:21 AM

17,604 posts, read 17,642,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post
SUVs are harder to see around when walking or in a traditional car. Plus traditional cars do get better gas mileage and handle better. Wagons have similar cargo space as these faux-SUVs that are so popular nowadays. When gas prices shoot back up for a while, I guarantee sedans will make a comeback.

I like the way my household does it. One SUV and two cars, for three drivers total. And that's a real SUV - a Toyota 4Runner that can haul lots of cargo, tow if it needs to, deal with snow, and it's very roomy inside.

SUVs and trucks do have their place, but for them to be 70% of new vehicle sales is excessive. I'm not saying rewind the clock to the 1970s when SUVs were a niche thing, but rather to about 2005 when SUVs made a healthy 25-30% chunk of the market would be good.
If war breaks out between Iran and Saudi Arabia then the prices will rise more than they already have

Old 09-16-2019, 11:10 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,357,090 times
Chrysler's supposed to be a premium brand, but a lot of premium vehicles are now in the crossover and SUV category but they've put their SUVS premium or not into Jeep and Dodge. On the other hand, a lot of other premium vehicles are in the sports performance category and they've seemed to have put those within Dodge.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:36 PM

30,348 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Chrysler's supposed to be a premium brand, but a lot of premium vehicles are now in the crossover and SUV category but they've put their SUVS premium or not into Jeep and Dodge. On the other hand, a lot of other premium vehicles are in the sports performance category and they've seemed to have put those within Dodge.
Yeah and the problem they ha ve is people see Jeep as more premium than Chrysler brand because there hasn't really been a great Chrysler branded product in a long time.

Old 09-17-2019, 12:21 AM

1,355 posts, read 1,943,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yeah and the problem they ha ve is people see Jeep as more premium than Chrysler brand because there hasn't really been a great Chrysler branded product in a long time.
Imperial brand was actually the most premium made by Chrysler, but it ended production in 1983.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_(automobile)

Old 09-21-2019, 11:30 AM

12,387 posts, read 9,493,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wawa1992 View Post

Yep, both SUVs and pickup trucks have their place, but it's not like sedans/coupes/sports cars have no advantages. There's always exceptions, but the sedan is generally going to be:
  • Cheaper to buy
  • Better on gas mileage
  • Faster accelerating
  • Better handling
  • Better riding
  • Quieter

Old 09-21-2019, 12:05 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,714,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Out of curiosity I went to the Chrysler site and only saw the 300 and the van and nothing to show any future products, not even concept vehicles. Dodge is a bit better but not by much. Dodge has the Challenger, Charger, Durango, Journey, and the van. After that comes the Ram division. There is also nothing indicating any new or possible future products. It’s as if Chrysler/Dodge have become niche brands going stale while everything is focused on Jeep alone.
Chrysler/Dodge have been stale brands for 50 years. They should have been allowed to go under in '79 when they would have without a bailout.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:06 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,136,610 times
Chrysler is definitely going away if they dont change. The pacifica is just a caravan, and the 300 (like many sedans) will go away because of SUV/CUVs.
All Chrysler has to do is slap new names on the Durango and Journey and they have a new lineup.

Old 09-25-2019, 08:10 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,778,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
If war breaks out between Iran and Saudi Arabia then the prices will rise more than they already have
Prices here did not rise much at all.

USA now produces our own oil. We do not need Saudi Arabia's oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram