Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 01:32 PM

22 posts, read 89,712 times

Advertisements

Just curious, which apartments have bed bug problems in West Chester or Mason for that matter. I've lived through this battle with bed bugs once (in Columbus) and never again. Yes they are very real and very everywhere. Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2010, 05:16 PM

17,534 posts, read 13,324,825 times
Bed Bug Registry - Check Apartments and Hotels Across North America

Old 10-05-2010, 05:47 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,939,563 times
i would be so scared to live in an apartment complex these days because of the bed bug issue. maybe search for an owner-occupied duplex

Old 10-05-2010, 06:18 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
People are modding those green lasers to the point where they will light a match. I think if I had bed bugs that's what I'd use on them. Just turn up the intensity on a green laser and knock out the bug, larvae, etc. by inspection. I bet the larvae can't handle much.

I thought about the same thing for head lice, but never had the problem. There you could kill the lice without burning the skin.

Old 10-05-2010, 03:09 PM

350 posts, read 879,906 times
That is a joke, there are like 10 locations listed in Cincinnati, which is off by thousand or two. I personally have treated hundreds.

Wilson, where do you come up with this stuff. No benefit whatsoever in lasers which would take forever to zap every single egg individually, lol. Save time and just hire a professional, it's alot cheaper today than just a year ago due to better efficiency of products. It's still a lot of work to do it right and go beyond thorough.

Last week there was a bed bug summit in Chicago...interesting thing to come out of there was that Thermal Remediation (heat treatments) may not be all that great as heat can't penetrate to all of the hiding places.

So back to traditional treatments using liquid and dust formulations with both knockdown and residual control. A non-toxic product should also be included for surfaces that contact us humans

Old 10-05-2010, 07:08 PM

Thanks so much. I had my fill of bed bugs years ago (2008). My daughter brought them into the home as her room was grounds zero. It probably started with one bug she may have picked up where ever. It cost my family thousands and thousands to get rid of these bugs. We also lost personal belongings that can never be replaced from my daughters room. Nearly her whole childhood belongings went out into a dumpster. I fear that we have yet to see the worst as we are a nation that is on the move. The chemical treatments were 100% effective, but the cost was too much. Why can't we turn to the EPA, which banned DDT, and demand that this federal agency fix this problem that they helped create.

Old 10-05-2010, 10:46 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,262 times
Freezing and the phantom pesticide kills them.

Old 10-06-2010, 07:17 AM

350 posts, read 879,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfd2rph View Post
.....It cost my family thousands and thousands to get rid of these bugs.....The chemical treatments were 100% effective, but the cost was too much.....
cfd, Thanks. I'm not sure why it cost "thousands" to have it treated! A reputable co. will charge per room that the bed bugs graviate to: bedrooms, living/family rooms, and around the laundry area in the home. The initial charge is more as there is more inspection and costs to set the service up, educate on preparation, etc.

Speaking of preparation, it is essential. If there isn't access to where the bugs hide, how can they be eliminated?

The typical 3 bedroom house shouldn't cost more than $600-700 to eliminate them completely on the high end, if the pre-treatment preparation has been done thoroughly.

Again the key is having products that are proven to kill their eggs to break the cycle...if they keep hatching out you'll end up dragging out the elimination from weeks to months .

Old 10-06-2010, 08:02 AM

Cincy Rider, well that is a fine cup of tea - we got taken as we were charged $1000 per treatment. Do you know of any apartments in Cincinnati that treat regularily for peace of mind for their tentants? Do you know of apartments to avoid at all cost? When I move back into town, I've got to rent first before I buy. Thanks a bunch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati