Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 8,282 times

Advertisements

Cinti Bell Zoomtown has by far the worst customer service I have ever received across any buisness or service (including medical insurance). Addressing problems with their service in a timely manner is not a high priority. Cinti Bell has no ownership for correctly addressing problems with their service and no desire to improve their performance. They also do not appreciate that reliable internet access is critical to many of their customers in terms of productivity, income, academic performance and day-to-day activities such as bill paying and business communication.

My horror story is detailed below. Throughout the process detailed below, I have asked to speak to managers to try get my problems resolved and also to provide feedback at how frustrating/time consuming it is to repeatedly have to go through the same process over and over without the problem ever being really fixed. I was told there is no one person responsible for the problems (therefore noone I could talk to) or told the managers do not speak to customers. I asked who was responsible for the overall design of how problems were handled and was told there is no person responsible, but I could call tech support (the 50 minute wait organization described below). I also had the option of e:mailing them, which would be difficult without internet connection...

I have had problems with internet for over 1 month. The 1st time I called tech support, I had to wait 50 minutes to report problem to Tech Support and spent 40 minutes with tech "troubleshooting". Tech told me problem was with my router. I went to Staples, bought new router, hooked everthing up -- still had problem. Once again, I had to wait 50 minutes to report problem and spent another 40 mins with tech support trouble shooting. I was told the problem was most likely with the new router, but they couldn't help me because it wasn't a router purchased from Cincinnati Bell. Asked if I bought router from Cincinnati Bell, if they could fix problem. Was told yes and they would transfer me so they could have purchase order completed. Before I let them transfer, I asked if I could have a direct number to talk to tech support, so I wouldn't have to wait in the 50 minute report queue. I was told no, there are no direct numbers and I would have to wait in the queue again if the problems continued. I explained that it was very frustrating for a customer to have to wait in queue on problem that we had already called and talked to them about. Too bad, sorry.

After I returned router to Staples, went to Cinti Bell store and bought their router, hooked up and still had problem. Had to wait in 50 minute queue, go through troubleshoot with tech, and then was put through to superviser, whom I worked with for 90 minutes on the phone. Problem not fixed. They would send tech 5 days later to my house to fix. Tech came and fixed problem by doing something with splitting wires. I asked him if he was sure problem was fixed and explained how frustrated I was with whole process. He thought it was and even gave me a number where I could reach him if problem continued. Problem returned later in the day. Called tech. Next day he checked line and wires were crossed. Had to call Cinti Bell again, wait 50 minute cue, troubleshoot, schedule another tech. Tech came out 4 days later, fixed line and said he was 99% sure problem was fixed. Problem came back. Called CB again -- same process. Another tech coming in 5 days. Asked if they could come sooner, because this will be 3rd visit by tech and was told no. (They schedule tech visits by neighborhood/area because more efficient for them -- apparently they do care about productivity and costs, just not their customer's productivity and costs.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 07:18 PM

526 posts, read 1,481,529 times
Default I Empathise With You

I have had mixed luck in dealing with Zoomtown.

The first question they always ask is "how many phones do you have" so I dutifully count them. They then ask, "do they have filters?" Of course they don't --they don't need them because 1. there is a splitter outside the house and 2. we have 2 lines; the line used for Zoomtown has a single phone on it.

Anyway once we get beyond that formality, they usually end up sending someone out within a day or two and the problem is resolved.

I was told that I had so much problem with my Zoomtown because I am connected to old equipment located in Saylor Park. I guess that could be.

Old 07-26-2010, 05:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,544 times
I am currently dealing with the same nightmare described above. Waiting on another technician to come Wednesday between 8 and noon. Same time the tech who showed up at 6:00 pm was supposed to be there last Friday. My time is obviously not valuable. Have probably spent 40 plus hours over the past 2 weeks repeating the same trouble shooting procedures or waiting on hold. Add to that the "we will have a technical supervisor return your call in 2-4 hours" wait and the hours are probably double that estimate. Today I started randomly calling Cincinnati Bell numbers in the phone book to try and get someone to help me. Was connected to the "irate customer" person who, surprisingly enough, was not at her desk and did not return my call. Awesome! I have been extremely patient up to this point, but now they do have an irate customer. I told them I was going to pro-rate my payment next month based on the amount of time I have been without service and was told they would simply shut down my service altogether. Someone please HELP!!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM

577 posts, read 1,280,053 times
I have had similar problems with them. I once had to call them and I did the call back option because the wait time was 2 hours. 2 hours - really? When I received a call back, it was an automated system and asked if I was the person who called. I said YES but I guess that was the wrong answer because it hung up on me. Of course, I called back and the same deal - a 2 hour wait time. By the way, they send out a survey asking about my experience dealing with them. I gave my brutally honest opinion but of course, no one called, no email apology, nothing.

At this point I think that they get one more chance to make things better and if I have to call and I experience the same issue, it's Time Warner Roadrunner for me. That is unless someone tells me their service isn't any better then maybe I'll go back to telegraph or something.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:16 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,462,852 times
CB was out downtown and I did not have email for 2 days there. They are morons.

Also, when their technician was here he screwed up my entire intranet and the IT guy had to come in and fix everything. He was at a loss as to why the CB guy would have done what he did. Morons.

Last edited by Wilson513; 08-17-2011 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: More rant.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:30 AM

279 posts, read 717,545 times
It just makes me wonder how they stay in business yet their service is awful, customer service is terrible, etc. I honestly can't think of one good aspect. How do they remain in business when they are run so poorly?

I guess its the Wal-mart style of business. Keep your costs so ridiculously low by under-staffing, underpaying, etc, that even though the experience is miserable for customers, they bank big time on the customers who do stick around.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby513 View Post
It just makes me wonder how they stay in business yet their service is awful, customer service is terrible, etc. I honestly can't think of one good aspect. How do they remain in business when they are run so poorly?

I guess its the Wal-mart style of business. Keep your costs so ridiculously low by under-staffing, underpaying, etc, that even though the experience is miserable for customers, they bank big time on the customers who do stick around.
I think Wal Mart is well run and a great service to the community. I get great service there.

CB is more like the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, or the Social Security Administration. Over staffed with useless incompetent pukes who have no desire to be helpful unless it is what they had already planned to do today.

Old 08-17-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
I think Wal Mart is well run and a great service to the community. I get great service there.

CB is more like the Bureau of Motor Vehicles, or the Social Security Administration. Over staffed with useless incompetent pukes who have no desire to be helpful unless it is what they had already planned to do today.
Wow, I'm assuming you're being sarcastic as hell. The new one on Red Bank is atrocious. You'll never find anyone helpful, don't even bother. Oh yeah, and when you check out, go ahead and grab a magazine, because it'll be a minimum of 15 mins before the poor old 80 year old lady gets to you since 2 lanes are open. What a ****hole, I hate everything Wal-Mart stands for.

Anyways, bottom line, CB is terrible. I'd almost rather have nothing than service thru them.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:03 AM

You can hate on Wal Mart if you want to, but I find the Red Bank Store a great improvement and a great place to shop. What do you need service help in a WalMart for anyway? Can't find the Tide or the Jif?

The checkouts are clean and fast and they have great prices.

I am old enough to remember the days of appliance stores and tire stores and garden stores where an owner would be a great help if he thought you were gonna spend $100 on his overpriced crapola but if you wanted a $2 item, you might spend the afternoon there.

CB is a bureaucratic organization, formed and developed as monopoly without the need to answer to anyone except the PUCO and then only through their lawyers. If you snap a cell phone photo of an unhelpful Walmart or Target employee, they will be hopping around trying to make amends like they were your personal valet.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:55 PM

I'm shocked. Your thoughts/experience at Wal-Mart is pretty much the exact opposite from mine. Good point about service help, I suppose what I really mean is the checkout process. I have gone at all hours of the day, and seriously, my checkout time average is 15 minutes. And it's not even busy inside. I don't need some ******* to say "welcome to Wal-Mart", I need someone to check me out for my G damn $2 cheese I need in a pinch. I have almost entirely stopped going, even though its the closest grocery store to me. Occasionally, I slip and go back...always reminded why I should not.

Meanwhile, Kroger in HP Plaza is packed to the gills and I'm in and outta there in a flash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati