Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 02:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahl_Wrighter View Post
Idk, but it seems like there are less officers camping out on 71 now looking for speeders, and more efforts placed into patrols and combatting "real" crime. I've also noticed significantly more officers patrolling on bikes in OTR, while I haven't spotted a mounted (horse) patrol downtown in what seems like a relatively long time.
I'm glad to see this, I hate when they put so much time and effort into catching speeders and yet real crimes are happening and going unnoticed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,160 times
Those navy blue/black shirts are confusing. I think they should get more navy or black on the patrol cars because it's awkward looking. That's going to take some time to break in with the city as we're used to seeing the white shirts, hats and ties.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,092 times
Whats the deal with the all the fat cops I see...It is unreal...its embarrasing..some are so fat they can hardly get in and out of their cruisers...gezzz take some pride..give a whole new meaning to pigs.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:29 PM

29 posts, read 187,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebig65 View Post
Whats the deal with the all the fat cops I see...It is unreal...its embarrasing..some are so fat they can hardly get in and out of their cruisers...gezzz take some pride..give a whole new meaning to pigs.
I noticed this when I was downtown for the World Choir Games. There was one cop that had to have literally been about 350 pounds who was on traffic detail. I didn't think it was a good look for Cincinnati or the Cincinnati Police Department to have the fat, lazy, out of shape cops directing traffic when there were thousands of visitors in town from all around the globe.

Old 08-28-2012, 11:40 PM

4 posts, read 4,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by restorationconsultant View Post
I think he won some immediate favor for getting rid of the stupid hat regulations with the patrol officers. He has made changes where they need to be made which have, no doubt, ruffled old guard within the department. Bringing someone in who is used to the real world not the "back room politics" of Cincinnati, has made a differrence. The department is too "management heavy" and there is a need for more troops on the ground. He appears to be listening to neighborhoods and shifting people to where they are needed rather than on a 'political agenda'.

As president of a local Neighborhood Association, I feel communication is much better, and if something happens in my neighborhood I am often notified, not as part of the annual crime reports but because they want me to now what is going on in my neighborhood.
I want the hats back..along with the hierarchy style... Let me tell u why...
When u Re I. A crowd and need a police man u can't find them because they blend in with the others in the crowd...the hats were good to find them quickly when needed.... Also when u walk up to a goroup u don't know who is in charge until they start looking at the one in charge....
Sounds simple to remove a hat but more than one instance where they could not be found fast in a crowd...

Just my 2 cents

Old 09-02-2012, 07:42 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,217,406 times
Didnt the police crars change to those really nice new chevy malibus. Those cars are nice and i see them all over cincinnati now especially the kenwood area.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:17 AM

1,130 posts, read 2,544,072 times
Say good-bye to Chief Craig, now that he appears to be going home to Detroit. At least he won't have to take the police officer's exam as required by the state of Ohio. He may have done some good work here in Cincinnati, but his attitude about that exam makes me say, "good riddance." To be so arrogant to publicly announce that the state law shouldn't apply to him! In my eyes, he wasn't the top cop in Cincinnati, but rather the top hypocrite.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:52 AM

800 posts, read 951,721 times
Oh come on. Can't people understand that the state exam controversy was one invented by the FOP to discourage/prevent CPD from hiring chiefs from outside the department? It's like telling a NASCAR driver he needs to take a different state's driving test to drive himself to the hotel after a race.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:41 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,025,105 times
^ () Yep! (Our West Side/Elder Clan Boys-in-Blue know what's good for us, don't they?)

Old 05-14-2013, 04:49 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,544,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
Oh come on. Can't people understand that the state exam controversy was one invented by the FOP to discourage/prevent CPD from hiring chiefs from outside the department? It's like telling a NASCAR driver he needs to take a different state's driving test to drive himself to the hotel after a race.
Just how did the FOP invent a state law? I would love to know. Maybe somebody brought up the issue because they resented an outsider being hired for the job, but what difference does it make? The law is the law. If it's a stupid, outdated law, change it. It's not for you or me or the Chief to decide. I can think of a lot of stupid laws, but nobody allows me to disobey or ignore them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati