Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 08:11 AM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg1114 View Post
Food delivery. It would be great to see more than just pizza places offering delivery. I believe there may be a few Chinese restaurants out there that do but to have this as an added convenience would be great for those evenings when I am working late at home or just don’t feel like getting dressed up.
Maybe some of this depends on where you live. I have a lot of delivery options in my neighborhood. From Jamaican to (of course) various pizzas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 08:32 AM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Maybe some of this depends on where you live. I have a lot of delivery options in my neighborhood. From Jamaican to (of course) various pizzas.
Tomjones you really just dont want anything to chaange in cincinnati, well sorry but cincy is changing so your going to have to deal with it.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Tomjones you really just dont want anything to chaange in cincinnati, well sorry but cincy is changing so your going to have to deal with it.
I am not from Cincinnati and will eventually be moving back to NYC. I love Cincinnati for what it has to offer and have left copious posts lauding Cincinnati for it's many merits. I am one of the first ones to talk up the many, many positive changes going on downtown. And I have come to Cincinnati's defense on many occasions with verifiable facts when called in question.

May I ask how stating the obvious (I have a lot of delivery options) about my neighborhood has anything to do with being resistive to change?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I am not from Cincinnati and will eventually be moving back to NYC. I love Cincinnati for what it has to offer and have left copious posts lauding Cincinnati for it's many merits. I am one of the first ones to talk up the many, many positive changes going on downtown. And I have come to Cincinnati's defense on many occasions with verifiable facts when called in question.

May I ask how stating the obvious (I have a lot of delivery options) about my neighborhood has anything to do with being resistive to change?
This is really weird i just moved here from dallas, i used to live in west hollywood like you and i used to live in glen cove long island.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
This is really weird i just moved here from dallas, i used to live in west hollywood like you and i used to live in glen cove long island.
I used to live just off Hollywood Boulevard at Hawthorn and Sycamore and then at Yucca and Whitley. I watched the LA riots unfold from my rooftop. Saw it spread from south until there were eventually people looting my neighborhood.

I came here because my son needed care at Cincinnati Children's. I can't say enough good things about that institution. Now that we are on the other side, so to speak, I have nothing keeping me here and want to return to my roots, which is east coast and NYC.

I was in West Hollywood a lot back in the day. Sunset Strip.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
I used to live just off Hollywood Boulevard at Hawthorn and Sycamore and then at Yucca and Whitley. I watched the LA riots unfold from my rooftop. Saw it spread from south until there were eventually people looting my neighborhood.

I came here because my son needed care at Cincinnati Children's. I can't say enough good things about that institution. Now that we are on the other side, so to speak, I have nothing keeping me here and want to return to my roots, which is east coast and NYC.

I was in West Hollywood a lot back in the day. Sunset Strip.
Wow in los angeles i lived in west chester right above the airport south of marina del ray. In dallas i lived in plano which i hated then in nyc i already told you i lived in glen cove on long island.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Wow in los angeles i lived in west chester right above the airport south of marina del ray. In dallas i lived in plano which i hated then in nyc i already told you i lived in glen cove on long island.
I was in Astoria when it was still a Greek/Italian/Puerto Rican hood. Now it's yuppy trendy.

Lived in Long Island City long before the hipsters took over. I used to be right on Jackson Ave. It was mostly industrial back then, with a cool Irish neighborhood intermixed for kicks. Now it's loaded with high rise luxury apartments and condos. Pretty crazy how things have changed.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:33 AM

Quote:
I was in Astoria when it was still a Greek/Italian/Puerto Rican hood. Now it's yuppy trendy.

Lived in Long Island City long before the hipsters took over. I used to be right on Jackson Ave. It was mostly industrial back then, with a cool Irish neighborhood intermixed for kicks. Now it's loaded with high rise luxury apartments and condos. Pretty crazy how things have changed.
I know rite

Old 09-02-2012, 11:59 AM

2,194 posts, read 3,850,043 times
Hi all--

I would like to see the city of Cincinnati, along with Covington and the states of Ohio and Kentucky actually get serious about replacing the Brent Spence Bridge. The traffic snarls at rush hour (and most other hours, too) are simply intolerable - and the problem gets compounded every time there's an accident.

Along this vein, lobby ODOT and the Federal government to fast-track construction to upgrade I-75 between I-75 and 275 to four lanes. Last time I checked, there's a ton of construction around Mitchell Avenue. But the stretch from 74 to the Ronald Reagan highway won't be done until 2018. The next section from Ronald Reagan to 275 will take longer still. The first phase of the second project is slated to begin in 2021.

Erm... come again? 2030 would be more realistic. And by then, if the metro area continues to grow at 8-10% per decade, then four lanes in each direction would be obsolete, too.

Fast track the construction now.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi all--

I would like to see the city of Cincinnati, along with Covington and the states of Ohio and Kentucky actually get serious about replacing the Brent Spence Bridge. The traffic snarls at rush hour (and most other hours, too) are simply intolerable - and the problem gets compounded every time there's an accident.

Along this vein, lobby ODOT and the Federal government to fast-track construction to upgrade I-75 between I-75 and 275 to four lanes. Last time I checked, there's a ton of construction around Mitchell Avenue. But the stretch from 74 to the Ronald Reagan highway won't be done until 2018. The next section from Ronald Reagan to 275 will take longer still. The first phase of the second project is slated to begin in 2021.

Erm... come again? 2030 would be more realistic. And by then, if the metro area continues to grow at 8-10% per decade, then four lanes in each direction would be obsolete, too.

Fast track the construction now.
There upgrading the 1-75 to six lanes both directions and two express lanes! cant wait
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati