Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2012, 09:59 AM

404 posts, read 826,804 times

Advertisements

We are visiting next weekend to house hunt and have a couple of job interviews lined up. We are interested in living within CPS and have a 4yo who would be in kindergarten next year. Since we wouldn't actually be establishing residency for a few months we will be missing both the early Kindergarten magnet lotto and the wait-in-line normal magnet application time.

So will we have missed the boat entirely? or is there another opportunity to get him into a magnet program for 1st grade? Or is first grade waaaay less likely to have slots b/c it was filled at the kindergarten level?

He is a young 4 who will be turning 5 only a few weeks before the cut-off so I have no real problem holding back a year, but I am concerned that redshirting him and putting him in a CPS montessori magnet late might not be the most challenging combination for him.

This will obviously be dramatically influencing our neighborhood choice, so any info is helpful.

I am aware of the Pleasant Ridge neighborhood montessori but DH is not into living in Pleasant Ridge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 10:01 AM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFresh99 View Post
We are visiting next weekend to house hunt and have a couple of job interviews lined up. We are interested in living within CPS and have a 4yo who would be in kindergarten next year. Since we wouldn't actually be establishing residency for a few months we will be missing both the early Kindergarten magnet lotto and the wait-in-line normal magnet application time.

So will we have missed the boat entirely? or is there another opportunity to get him into a magnet program for 1st grade? Or is first grade waaaay less likely to have slots b/c it was filled at the kindergarten level?

He is a young 4 who will be turning 5 only a few weeks before the cut-off so I have no real problem holding back a year, but I am concerned that redshirting him and putting him in a CPS montessori magnet late might not be the most challenging combination for him.

This will obviously be dramatically influencing our neighborhood choice, so any info is helpful.

I am aware of the Pleasant Ridge neighborhood montessori but DH is not into living in Pleasant Ridge.
I will message you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati