Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 12:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,246 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm planning my best friend's bachelorette party and we've decided on the Northern Kentucky area. We're thinking we want to get a hotel and go out to the bars, but I'm not sure about which area to pick. We're going to do dinner and then the Funny Bone at the Levee, and then head to the bars. But I wasn't sure if we should plan on going to the bars in the Levee area, or I've also heard of Mainstrasse in Covington. I'm from Columbus, so I really don't know the area. I've heard that Mainstrasse is a more laid back scene, so I wasn't sure if that'd be a good idea. I just want to make sure we can hit up several bachelorette-worthy bars within walking distance of each other and that won't be too expensive of a cab ride back to the hotel. (Right now I have a reservation at Holiday Inn in Bellevue, but it can easily be changed.)

Thanks so much for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 04:01 PM

29 posts, read 33,071 times
Definitely depends upon your scene and what you (and most importantly, obviously, the bachelorette) prefer. Like you said, Mainstrasse is definitely more laid back than the Levee, and caters more to the crowd who prefers a bar with live music and bands over clubbing and dancing. In general, I've noticed Mainstrasse tends to be people in their 30's and above, at least for the most part, while the Levee attracts more of the 20's-30's crowd. If you want to go out and dance and party all night, out of the two, I would definitely choose the Levee. If you want more bars to choose from within walking proximity, some bigger and some smaller hole-in-the-wall places, with slightly more of a laid-back atmosphere, go to Mainstrasse.

Also keep in mind that while Kentucky has some great places to go out in, including the two entertainment districts you named, one of the biggest things you'll notice since you're from Columbus is that smoking is allowed INSIDE all of these places. Whereas just on the other side of the river, it's not. So, it definitely throws you off if you're not used to it - and if you don't like smelling like that all night and the next day, I'd stay on the north side of the river.

If you do go to Cincy, there are three great areas that are all right by the river/Central Business District. Mt. Adams has amazing views of downtown and the surrounding area, and several very good bars/dance clubs and chill bars. You'll need a cab to get there, rather than walk, but it's a five minute ride from your hotel. Right by the Reds Stadium is the popular brand new development, The Banks, that has several good bars/clubs. Then there's downtown, close to Fountain Square, Main Street, and Sixth Street, there are a lot of good bars and clubs.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:28 PM

865 posts, read 1,472,669 times
My first choice would be Mount Adams in Cincy, but of the two you listed I would choose the Levee.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:17 PM

2 posts, read 3,246 times
Thanks so much for the response! Mount Adams sounds like it might be a better choice. Are there several bars within walking distance? I'm used to Park St. here in Columbus where you can move from place to place within steps of each other. I just want to make sure we have option if we go somewhere and it turns out to be a bust.

Old 05-24-2013, 06:04 AM

3,336 posts, read 6,942,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel4733 View Post
Thanks so much for the response! Mount Adams sounds like it might be a better choice. Are there several bars within walking distance? I'm used to Park St. here in Columbus where you can move from place to place within steps of each other. I just want to make sure we have option if we go somewhere and it turns out to be a bust.
Yes, there are maybe 10 bars in mt adams and two dance clubs, all within a block or two of each other.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:16 PM

2,491 posts, read 4,469,504 times
Rachel - Mount Adams is definitely the place to go for bachelor/bachelorette parties.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:35 PM

4,482 posts, read 6,237,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abr7rmj View Post
Rachel - Mount Adams is definitely the place to go for bachelor/bachelorette parties.
I second this in spades. Mount Adams is very lively and lots to do, especially for a younger age group.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:05 PM

29 posts, read 33,071 times
I'd agree with everyone and that's why it was the first I listed on the Ohio side. The other places are good, but Mt Adams is my favorite in the Cincinnati area. My favorite place there is Pavilion...has two levels of dance floors with separate DJ's on each, a penthouse open-air deck that you can reserve on some nights, and a multi-level outdoor deck with a stage for live music, plus a bar.

Have fun wherever you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati