Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 11:47 AM

3,513 posts, read 5,163,629 times

Advertisements

$180k will get you a house that looks like the one below almost anywhere in the Cincy area.

The reason why I post this specific house is because it is decidedly the most popular early 90's era house model in Northern Cincy suburbia. Some basic stats:

c. 2000 square feet
4 bedrooms
2.5 bathrooms
2 car garage
Basement foundation
Brick facade in front.

...and the house itself: 6324 Tara Brooke Ct, Hamilton, OH 45011 - Zillow

Some basic iterations of this house exist, like an expanded family room, a study, etc. But in general this is the house of the Northern Cincinnati area. I believe it is a Fischer model. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2013, 02:21 PM

13 posts, read 24,629 times
Default Landen or Mason

What about Landen, that is Kings School district? Really want a neighborhood full of kids. Would landen be better for that than mason or west chester?

Old 09-20-2013, 02:28 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,809,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellkids6 View Post
What about Landen, that is Kings School district? Really want a neighborhood full of kids. Would landen be better for that than mason or west chester?
Landen is old enough now there are going to be no more kids than most areas of Mason or West Chester.

Old 09-20-2013, 02:35 PM

13 posts, read 24,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
Landen is old enough now there are going to be no more kids than most areas of Mason or West Chester.
You are wonderful. I truly appreciate your help. Coming to tour Mason next weekend and hopefully place an offer. Ty so much Kjbrill for your help.

Old 09-20-2013, 04:48 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,809,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellkids6 View Post
You are wonderful. I truly appreciate your help. Coming to tour Mason next weekend and hopefully place an offer. Ty so much Kjbrill for your help.
I understand you would like to have a decision. But don't be too hasty. After you see my extended response on another thread you have posted, I believe you will understand.

If you have time, you really need to tour Mason. If you don't have time you need to make time. This is a hodge-podge town. The neighborhood I moved into 37 years ago was the creme dela creme at the time. But considering most of the town was early Hoboken, below the value of OTR, that was not saying much.

Kings Island was definitely the catalyst for the growth in Mason. If you remember, if you don't know research it, across the road on I-71 was also a motel and a golf course. Look it up. The motel and golf course were private investments by principles of Taft Broadcasting which originally built Kings Island. They calculated parents would bring the kids to Kings Island for fun. Then they would take them to the motel to sleep. Then the parents would go out and play a night round on the Par-3 golf course. The original course had an 18-hole par-3 along I-71 which was lighted at night. Ohio State did not take long to detemine the golf course lights were a major hazard to traffic on I-71 and ordered them shut down Another brainstorm which went out the window.

Any place you move it pays somewhat to know the local history.

Old 09-22-2013, 01:18 AM

1,046 posts, read 1,536,886 times
I used a realtor to help me find a home in Mason and I'm glad I did. Let me know, she is hands down one of the best. I looked at over 75 homes until I found the one I wanted. I closed 2 weeks ago. I made offers on 4 homes, and I was out bid on 3 of them and that's offering ASKING price. The 4th home I saw the owner putting the for sale sign out in the yard and I arranged to see it THAT day. I offered asking price, they accepted, and 4 other people came to view the home the same day it was listed. It appraised for more than the asking price. I wasn't looking for anything special. 4 bed, a basement, 2 car garage, flat back yard, a neighborhood with sidewalks, on a lot > 0.30 acres. I was able to get all this and some, but it took 2 months of searching.

No kids, and yet I still chose Mason. Why? Because this place, simply put, is where it's at. I wanted the additional access to 75 and West Chester shopping, so I got lucky being in Mason and Mason school district. Don't have kids, may never have kids, don't mind paying the higher taxes. As they say, you get what you pay for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati