Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2007, 10:04 AM

20 posts, read 79,658 times

Advertisements

I am toying with the idea of moving to Cincy in the next 6 months to a year. I am a single female with no kids currently living in Dayton. What kind of customer service opportunities are there in Cincy? Areas to live in? Im sure I couldnt afford anything more that $400/ month in rent. Crime isnt that big a deal to me, as I do live in the bad part of Dayton. Any info possible would be great.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 07:10 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,840,641 times
Hey Ashley you might want to try the Silverton Deer park area. It's close to employers in Norwood and Kenwood. They are pretty safe area's. Rent is $400-$500 in the area for a one bedroom.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:30 PM

710 posts, read 3,047,719 times
If you are single and have no kids, you could try the area around uc or northside. It would be a much better place than deer park or silverton to meet people your age.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:02 PM

245 posts, read 1,273,509 times
Default Apts are cheap here so be choosy...

Checkout apartment ads in CraigsList and prepare to do a lot of drive-arounds as many people here just advertise rentals in the window of the apartments. I happen to think the best way to find a good, cheap place is to drive up and down sidestreets with a cell phone in hand. Also consider posting a self profile on CraigsList and let people contact you via email.

Areas to definitely check out: (if you're single & childless)

Hyde Park
* Madison Road just starting northward from Dana/Observatory (Dana Exit (off 71) becomes Observatory at Madison). Tons of apartments in all price ranges. Very convenient location. If you work in the burbs, you benefit from a reverse commute. If you work in the city, you can pretty much be anywhere in Cincinnati within 10 minutes.
* Check out the neighborhoods along Delta and Linwood Ave's. The area might look pricey but the apartments in between the mansions can be quite affordable.

East Walnut Hills:
* Next to Hyde Park / Downtown. Quiet area but rather cheap being next door to all the happenin' neighborhoods like Hyde Park / Oakley / Mt Adams thus making EWH very convenient and well worth checking out.
* Checkout East McMillan EAST of Victory Parkway and the surrounding sidestreets.
* Victory Parkway SOUTH of East McMillan and the surrounding sidestreets.

Northside & Clifton:
* Very crunchy / artsy / punkish /edgy types.
* Northside can get sketchy in some areas.

Areas to be weary of:
* Pretty much anything west of I-75 (except Northside). There are some very nice areas west of 75, but the rentals are going ghetto pretty rapidly.
* Norwood, Avondale, Walnut Hills (not to be confused with East Walnut Hills).

Cincinnati can go from nice & safe to "lock-n-load central" within 2 blocks or less so watch for the signs of this...

Old 08-24-2009, 06:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley6856 View Post
I am toying with the idea of moving to Cincy in the next 6 months to a year. I am a single female with no kids currently living in Dayton. What kind of customer service opportunities are there in Cincy? Areas to live in? Im sure I couldnt afford anything more that $400/ month in rent. Crime isnt that big a deal to me, as I do live in the bad part of Dayton. Any info possible would be great.
Thanks!
Search the Cincinnati listings and more on [url=http://www.cincymove.com]cincymove[/url]

Old 08-24-2009, 07:47 AM

10,135 posts, read 27,487,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincymove View Post
Search the Cincinnati listings and more on cincymove
You might want to review the TOS. You can't post your commercial link in these threads.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:14 PM

16,394 posts, read 30,296,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley6856 View Post
Thanks!
There are several apartment houses on Beechmont Ave. in Mt. Washington that are advertising apartments for $400-450 with heat included. They are not new places, nor are they fancy. However, they are well situated and relatively inexpensive.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:25 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,335,038 times
Sounds like Northside is right up your alley.
It's a hip, up-and-coming neighborhood.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,721,392 times
Guys, this post is about 2 years old.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:41 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,335,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
Guys, this post is about 2 years old.
LOL I probably should have looked at that. Who knows, maybe she's still looking?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati