Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 07:08 AM

26 posts, read 87,136 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We are looking to relocate to the Cincinnati area, we were wondering if anyone could tell us about
Green twp area and surrounding it.
We are considering buying a home outside of Mack Oh. 45233
Can anyone tell us about this area?

- Is it a desired/good area to buy a house in or should I stay away from this area all together and if so why and what are better areas to be looking in?

- What are the schools like:
John Foster Dull Elem.-
Rapid Run Middle-
Oak Hills High-

- Is it a safe area to live in?

- What is the stigma when people think about Green twp, Mack , Cleves areas?

- Do people think of the area as being out in the styx/middle of now where?
(I work from home and would have to have people come to me sometimes so I don't want me being to far out or not in a nice area to be an issue)

- What about the commute to Cincinnati be like is it a nice drive or is it horrible......ect

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 09:19 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,950,659 times
You've asked about a large and diverse area, although it's all suburban to rural in nature. It's certainly not centrally located, although once you get onto I-74, which is not especially heavily travelled, you can get onto I-75 which IS busy, and get downtown fairly quickly. I believe my neighbor's grandkids are working their way through the schools you mentioned. They have a perfectly decent reputation. And the area is as safe as anywhere. Basically, there's nothing wrong with it and if the ambience appeals to you, a fine place to raise a family. It's overwhelmingly white in its racial makeup, and pretty traditional and politically conservative.

That area is what people around here think of as the "far West Side" of the Cincinnati area. If you have clients coming from the other side of town, it's not only going to be a lengthy drive for them, some of them may have the attitude that "nobody lives all the way over there." Like it's the other side of Mars or something. So that's the only aspect of your posting that would give me pause.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:47 AM

9,259 posts, read 16,700,854 times
Why is it the West Side just seems to sit there? I would think that is a good thing providing a quiet and safe environment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: