Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2015, 02:30 PM

26 posts, read 87,573 times

Advertisements

How would you describe Morrow?

- what is the inner "city" of Morrow like?
- what are the out skirts of Morrow like?
- Is it a safe area to live in? How about crime? any specific drug problems
- Is it considered by most people to be to far out(middle of nowhere)?
- what do people think when you say I live in Morrow(nice community or thats an "iffy" area I wouldnt want to go there/live there because of ?)
- how are the schools? do they have a nice reputation?
- what side of Morrow is nicer - the side closer to South Lebanon? Maineville? or is the side on your way to Rochester ok too?
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2015, 02:47 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
My impression of Morrow is a small Little Miami River town with extremely slow growth. Been around a long time but seems to just be sitting there stagnant.

Last edited by kjbrill; 04-19-2015 at 03:05 PM..

Old 04-19-2015, 04:47 PM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,433 times
Beautiful rolling country. Equally beautiful horse farms.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:20 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,790,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
Beautiful rolling country. Equally beautiful horse farms.
I agree Morrow is surrounded by some very attractive property. But I sill contend there is very little going on in Morrow itself to generate growth or raise property values. That is why I say it is stagnant. From what I see South Lebanon is a better investment

Old 04-19-2015, 07:34 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,156,848 times
OP, you've posted many, many threads here. I see your post count is around 20, at least 15 of those must be due to creating new threads.

I wish you the best of luck, but you are consistently running into the same problem. You can't have a lot of land/isolation in this city and yet still be near people and not seen as being "too far away". It's incongruent (unless you could pony up a few million and buy an estate in Indian Hills).

So yes, Morrow is a good place to live as far as I know (others would know better) its beautiful country, etc. but if I'm in West Chester or Milford I'm certainly not going to want to drive out there.

Also, just to keep everything straight with your search having only one thread running would be helpful.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:37 AM

3,763 posts, read 12,543,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icetea123 View Post
How would you describe Morrow?

- what is the inner "city" of Morrow like?
- what are the out skirts of Morrow like?
- Is it a safe area to live in? How about crime? any specific drug problems
- Is it considered by most people to be to far out(middle of nowhere)?
- what do people think when you say I live in Morrow(nice community or thats an "iffy" area I wouldnt want to go there/live there because of ?)
- how are the schools? do they have a nice reputation?
- what side of Morrow is nicer - the side closer to South Lebanon? Maineville? or is the side on your way to Rochester ok too?
Any input would be greatly appreciated!
I'm too lazy to look at any other threads you might have.

As far as morrow goes -- as Brill stated, its a tiny river-town. The "downtown" (original center of town) was prone to flooding, being in the valley at river level - and my understanding is a lot of people left over the last 40/50 years due to that. (this is based on conversations with a coworker who lives in Morrow, but not in the flood-prone area). Probably one of the reasons the town didn't develop more.

There are a lot of new 'neighborhoods' being developed in that area, but the town itself doesn't have a lot of amenities (restaurants, large grocer, etc..) - so you'll likely be driving at least to Maineville (48/grandin) to do your shopping.

I don't think people have a negative opinion of the area, other than its out in the sticks. As far as crime/drugs, I'm sure it exists there, just as it exists in Lebanon. (Usually drug crime, meth, etc..). I have no idea what the statistics are.

Don't know much about the schools - I don't hear that they're awful, or that they're good.. so likely right i the middle.

I agreew with SW though, if you're looking for "rural" then you're going to end up in a rural area, you're not going to find 10 acres right next to a lot of city amenties (unless you're paying a LOT!)

best of luck in whatever you're looking for..

Old 04-20-2015, 08:57 AM

1,584 posts, read 1,972,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
I agree Morrow is surrounded by some very attractive property. But I sill contend there is very little going on in Morrow itself to generate growth or raise property values. That is why I say it is stagnant. From what I see South Lebanon is a better investment
I never said anything about an investment compared to other places. The OP asked about Morrow. I told him/her my impression of Morrow.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:27 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Small river town, surrounded by beautiful countryside. It's a ways from the suburban sprawl of the Lebanon/Maineville/Mason areas, but I imagine that's why people choose to live there. And I imagine sooner or later, the sprawl will catch up to Morrow, which will be a shame.

Nice, down-to-earth people. I don't know the most up-to-date status of the school district, but it's had some rough times.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:16 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,837,262 times
^ Last time I was there sprawl has reached Morrow. Hamilton Twp has grown so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: