Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 10:03 AM

112 posts, read 360,265 times

Advertisements

Afternoon everyone. Looking at other options for high school for my son. He was accepted into Roger Bacon but I have a bad experience with them. Football coach recruit him which is not allowed and said they would pay fees and don't worry about money (I kept all e-mails and texts.) The admissions said it wasn't allowed and I told him hey I have proof of what was said and I want someone to call me because I was furious. The principal called and tried to apologized but the damage was done. Even the president of the school called and he apologized and hoped this didn't give me a negative view of the school, but it does.

Anyway I have a cousins whose son's gradated from and one still attending LaSalle. I even sent all the e-mails to the Director of Admissions and he apologized and said RB does this all the time and still gets in trouble for it. I had my son shadow with his cousin and I liked it.

I also looked at Miami Valley Christian Academy an it was ok. But I kind prefer he stay in Catholic school and play sports in Greater Catholic League since he's been in it for 2 years. Moeller is not an option until sophomore year. And if he likes where he is I won't transfer him depending on the school.

Does anyone know anything about either school or have or had kids attend there? I live in Columbia Township which is in between Madisonville and Silverton and LaSalle is probably the furthest I would go.

Thanks again everyone. This is a great site and people always help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 02:07 PM

172 posts, read 254,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaStar00 View Post
Afternoon everyone. Looking at other options for high school for my son. He was accepted into Roger Bacon but I have a bad experience with them. Football coach recruit him which is not allowed and said they would pay fees and don't worry about money (I kept all e-mails and texts.) The admissions said it wasn't allowed and I told him hey I have proof of what was said and I want someone to call me because I was furious. The principal called and tried to apologized but the damage was done. Even the president of the school called and he apologized and hoped this didn't give me a negative view of the school, but it does.

Anyway I have a cousins whose son's gradated from and one still attending LaSalle. I even sent all the e-mails to the Director of Admissions and he apologized and said RB does this all the time and still gets in trouble for it. I had my son shadow with his cousin and I liked it.

I also looked at Miami Valley Christian Academy an it was ok. But I kind prefer he stay in Catholic school and play sports in Greater Catholic League since he's been in it for 2 years. Moeller is not an option until sophomore year. And if he likes where he is I won't transfer him depending on the school.

Does anyone know anything about either school or have or had kids attend there? I live in Columbia Township which is in between Madisonville and Silverton and LaSalle is probably the furthest I would go.

Thanks again everyone. This is a great site and people always help.

I don't have any firsthand knowledge of LaSalle but I do know it would be a helluva commute each day to school and back from where you live. That could get old pretty quickly. St. X would be closer, if that is an option.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:28 PM

St X is not option. It only took me 15minutes to get to LaSalle

Old 02-26-2016, 08:32 AM

172 posts, read 254,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaStar00 View Post
St X is not option. It only took me 15minutes to get to LaSalle

If you got to LaSalle in 15 minutes then you could get to STX in about 10 minutes. :-) But I understand that the commute probably isn't the reason that you prefer LaSalle over STX.

Good luck to you and your son with whatever decision you make!

Old 02-27-2016, 03:41 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,584,722 times
Just curious, why is St. X not an option? Also, what about Elder? That's where I went and it was a great experience. (I graduated in 2014, so I can answer any specific questions you might have)

Old 02-29-2016, 11:17 AM

St X was never a factor since your grades have to be up to par and my son is not always getting straight A's or B's. And he also said no to ST X.

Elder was never a factor since it's on the west side of town and they don't send mailings to people on the east side. Plus I've heard from numerous people its very racist.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:44 AM

410 posts, read 587,205 times
Lastar, have you looked into Purcell-Marian? It's a much more diverse student population. They can be hit or miss as far as good football teams but high school should really be more than just athletics. I know they have multiple academic tracks that can provide support to less academically inclined students including learning disabilities.

I have heard that LaSalle has the multiple track approach also. I know nothing about MVCA.

Old 02-29-2016, 11:57 AM

Sorry Purcell is ghetto as hell. I didn't feel right walking in when my son shadowed. He didn't get in. I think i upset the admissions director with questions

Old 02-29-2016, 12:04 PM

410 posts, read 587,205 times
Sounds like LaSalle may be his best option so he can get his grades up to get into Moeller. Good luck.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:59 PM

Have to see how things play out. I can't do a school that lied and decievied me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: