Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 01:44 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,362,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
I dislike the Wendy's sea-salted french fries.
I agree. They should go back to their original fries. Just good fried potatoes without the chemical preservative taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ram2 View Post
I dislike the Wendy's sea-salted french fries.
And, their new pickles suck!!!!!

Old 08-17-2013, 06:01 PM

2 posts, read 3,715 times
Default bakeries

I do remember Buchheims bakery. I went to school with one of their daughters, Becky. Do you remember some of the good bakeries they had downtown such as Federals and Excel. Excel had some of the best cheesecakes. Those were the days when Cincinnati had such a lovely downtown. Pogues, Mabley Crew, Shilitos, Newberrys, The Wheel, Gregory's Steakhouse, Pigalls, McAlpins, Le Normandie, The Masonette and so many more nice places, Izzy's, The Nut House, Frisch's, Country Kitchen, Jax Roast Beef ect....

Old 08-17-2013, 06:20 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Buchwald View Post
I do remember Buchheims bakery. I went to school with one of their daughters, Becky. Do you remember some of the good bakeries they had downtown such as Federals and Excel. Excel had some of the best cheesecakes. Those were the days when Cincinnati had such a lovely downtown. Pogues, Mabley Crew, Shilitos, Newberrys, The Wheel, Gregory's Steakhouse, Pigalls, McAlpins, Le Normandie, The Masonette and so many more nice places, Izzy's, The Nut House, Frisch's, Country Kitchen, Jax Roast Beef ect....
Yes those are days long gone, Too bad. But we can cry over dropped milk, or we can resolve to do better in the furure - which is it?

Old 08-17-2013, 10:46 PM

1,295 posts, read 1,909,522 times
Izzy's is still around, and many new places have replaced the old. You didn't have a world-class riverfront park in those "good old days," which I'd much rather have than some department stores. That's a personal preference, but I think many would agree, especially in the days of internet retail.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:23 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,980,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
Izzy's is still around, and many new places have replaced the old. You didn't have a world-class riverfront park in those "good old days," which I'd much rather have than some department stores. That's a personal preference, but I think many would agree, especially in the days of internet retail.
There are still restaurants named Izzy's around, but the resemblance ends there.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:02 AM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah Perry View Post
There are still restaurants named Izzy's around, but the resemblance ends there.
I know we've discussed Izzy's before, but you are so right that the resemblance ends with the name. Someone insisted that we go there for lunch last week OMG, any resemblance between the old real Izzy's and the new is purely accidental!

Old 08-18-2013, 10:44 AM

I guess. They still sell their "World Famous Reubens".

Old 08-18-2013, 12:27 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,806,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natininja View Post
I guess. They still sell their "World Famous Reubens".
Probably so. At the same time, what do you recommend for a "World Famous Reuben?" Can't think of many to my satisfaction. I have begun going to the grocery, buying one of the pork briskets, and cooking accordingly to directions. When I cross-cut it to both their directions and my own, combine it with the often mentioned ingredients of a Reuben sandwich, I am quite satisfied. So which local restaurants still produce a product better than what I produce at home?

Old 08-18-2013, 12:51 PM

That's true of any dish one bothers learning to cook, in my experience. Better food can be made cheaper at home, customized precisely to your taste.

Izzy's is a nice traditional Jewish deli, and a great asset. Regardless of how much it has or hasn't changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati