Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 07:57 AM

267 posts, read 722,297 times

Advertisements

this is from ch 5 website

Cincinnati Among Top Places To Relocate, Survey Says - Cincinnati News Story - WLWT Cincinnati (http://www.wlwt.com/news/16217101/detail.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 09:00 AM

2,204 posts, read 6,717,303 times
"Worldwide ERC, a relocation services trade group, studied the 50 largest metro areas in the nation and ranked them based on their housing market, economy, nearby colleges and universities, and environmental factors."

"Forbes ranked the city No. 1 among the top 100 for jobs, and CNNMoney.com lists Cincinnati among the top six places to buy a home."

"Because of our steady economy we keep popping up on these lists,” said Karen Schlosser, president of the Cincinnati Board of Realtors."

... Nice!

Old 05-12-2008, 06:37 AM

414 posts, read 1,277,578 times
Not disputing Cincy's ranking, but any list that would include Youngstown in the top million places to relocate, probably needs to be re-examined.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:57 AM

450 posts, read 1,203,100 times
THANK U....DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING U READ POLLS SAID WE HAD A NICE NIGHT LIFE....HA! I SAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn View Post
Not disputing Cincy's ranking, but any list that would include Youngstown in the top million places to relocate, probably needs to be re-examined.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:32 PM

710 posts, read 3,045,881 times
Cincinnati does have good nightlife in the urban core

Old 05-12-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydunn View Post
THANK U....DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING U READ POLLS SAID WE HAD A NICE NIGHT LIFE....HA! I SAY
Yeah, I question this statement too ...

Do you mind telling me what age group you're in and what types of things you're looking to do on as far as nightlife?

I'm married and even I have to tell myself enough is enough with the going out and partying and whatnot ... I can only take so much partying before it wears on me! lol

Old 05-12-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
jstn, I'm not the world's biggest fan of "list" either, but I'm curious ... what part of the criteria that they used to come up with the statements above are you disagreeing with?

Old 05-12-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
jstn, I'm not the world's biggest fan of "list" either, but I'm curious ... what part of the criteria that they used to come up with the statements above are you disagreeing with?
I don't have a problem with any of the criteria. Nor do I have a problem with Cincy ranking where it does. It's just that some of these cities on this list are so random (as is the case with almost all of these types lists) that it kind of takes away from the validity. It would be like making a most beautiful people list, only to see Tori Spelling listed a couple of notches away

Old 05-12-2008, 04:59 PM

Quote:
I don't have a problem with any of the criteria. Nor do I have a problem with Cincy ranking where it does. It's just that some of these cities on this list are so random (as is the case with almost all of these types lists) that it kind of takes away from the validity. It would be like making a most beautiful people list, only to see Tori Spelling listed a couple of notches away

I'm on the same page, it's just that I'm confused as to if you're questioning the criteria or methodology? What part are you in disagreement with?

Old 05-12-2008, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy-Rise View Post
I'm on the same page, it's just that I'm confused as to if you're questioning the criteria or methodology? What part are you in disagreement with?
I'm simply questioning some of the cities on the list. For instance, earlier I mentioned Youngtown. Don't know if you've ever been to Y'town, but it doesn't meet any of the criteria, yet made the list.

Let's be honest, when you think of relocation, does the Steel City really pop into your head first? Great city, but #1?

I just think of the cities that I know well, the list seems innaccurate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: