Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2021, 05:04 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,089,364 times

Advertisements

Curious if anyone knows why, but I noticed Virgin Atlantic (of the UK) has had several daily flights over the last week as flight number 560 from CVG to LHR. What is behind this? Is it a parts ferry flight? Or is Virgin Atlantic now considering a CVG-LHR route? Did I miss some big announcement for CVG?

Flight Aware has several days' worth of itineraries showing VS560 from CVG to LHR on Airbus a330 aircraft. I cannot think of any special events occurring that would warrant the flight. And it is unlikely a charter flight since it is appearing daily. Any help would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2021, 06:21 PM

2,107 posts, read 5,089,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianVanAmstel View Post
Is that freight or something. A direct flight to London would be a big deal.
That was my thought as well. It has to be cargo, but I didn't think VA had dedicated cargo ops other than what goes underneath passenger flights? And I don't think they have a cargo fleet? Unless they contract with DHL, which has their North American World Hub at CVG.

Old 08-28-2023, 05:25 AM

4 posts, read 2,481 times
Maybe you’re getting Beechmont and Kenwood mixed up? Kenwood had a step mall on the north side of Montgomery Road at Kenwood Road. Pogoes was on the east end and McAlpins was on the west end. There was a 10 cent store half way in between them, maybe Grants, and the rest of the stores were one of a kinds like a card shop, jewelry store, luggage/leather store. This was all prior to I 71 because across Montgomery rd was a walk up carry out McDonalds and a Putt-Putt Golf.

Old 08-28-2023, 05:38 AM

4 posts, read 2,481 times
Default Remembering Swifton

I didn’t live there or go to school, but I do remember seeing Ernie’s smallest circus in the world at Swifton Shopping Center. I lived in Norwood and we walked to Swifton to go shopping because we didn’t have a car. They had a variety of shoe stores and a Lerners, and I think it was Mabley & Carew when they first opened, not Elder Beerman. We also would eat at the Pasquale’s in the lower level of the mall.
I’m not sure what year it was, but Donald Trump remodeled the apartments at one point in his business career!

Old 08-31-2023, 03:19 PM
on3

498 posts, read 387,074 times
Who's brilliant idea was it to have the only direct flight from CVG to LAX be at 6:00am lol.....
Do better CVG... we believe in you!

Old 09-02-2023, 08:57 AM

4,497 posts, read 6,249,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by on3 View Post
Who's brilliant idea was it to have the only direct flight from CVG to LAX be at 6:00am lol.....
Do better CVG... we believe in you!
Well...this is the airport named after Cincinnat that sits in Northern Kentucky....

Old 09-09-2023, 04:53 AM

17,349 posts, read 11,305,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJones123 View Post
Well...this is the airport named after Cincinnat that sits in Northern Kentucky....
Actually CVG is the abbreviation for Covington KY, not Cincinnati, so no it's not named after Cincinnati
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: