Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 02:07 PM

73 posts, read 158,053 times

Advertisements

It is very difficult for older folks to get to Reds games. We need something like this

New Downtown Trolley is Rolled Out in St. Louis - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Even for younger folks, on a hot day/evening, the walks from parking in downtown is discouraging. Why is there not a trolley (gas, doesn't need to even be electric) or similar shuttle services from Fountain Square to GABP? The Reds should even subsidize it. People would rather watch the games on HDTV than go through that hot hectic hilly walk.

I guess this goes back to why did Cincinnati let the pre and post game dining and parking go to Newport Levee. But even the Levee/TANK circulator drops people off below the stadiums onto the Broadway underpass, then you have to hike up an Aerobics workout series of steps up to the plaza around the Coliseum/GABP.

Ever wonder why when you're at the GABP you don't see curbside dropoffs of large numbers of people off of mass transit/trolleys? Instead, it's like a freeway bypass out in front of GABP.

Maybe the Banks/Moerlein Brewery and streetcar next year will greatly improve the situation. GABP might as well be out in the boondocks when it comes to people who are unwilling to have to go on 1/2 mile to 1 mile hikes in 90 degree heat to get to the curb of the stadium. (I enjoy the walk myself but my 60 yr old plus relatives don't like to go to games because of it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2010, 02:15 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,797,022 times
And when you are 70+, there is absolutely no way you desire to visit a Reds or Bengals game. And they are missing a demographic, as many of us can actually afford to go.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:37 PM

3,336 posts, read 6,941,753 times
the area to the north of the stadiums is so weird. there are highway interstates, local roads and some sort of newish unused underground terminal. this creates and enormous wall between the stadiums and the rest of the city. this was debated ad nauseum during construction and the siting in my opinion was a serious mistake. i hope the banks project proves me wrong.

in the long term, we need to talk about getting those interstates off of our riverfront.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:50 PM

2,204 posts, read 6,717,810 times
Guys, seriously ... just go to UrbanOhio.com, register and check out the SWOH forums. You can educate yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati