Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 11:37 AM

9 posts, read 63,579 times

Advertisements

Please help me find Cincinnati-area colleges or universities that offer an accelerated business program. I am looking to get my bachelor's degree in business and I am an adult transfer student working full-time. I have to have the degree to move up in my career. I have researched online and only found Thomas More College to offer an accelerated program. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Or any other ideas of getting a quick bachelor's degree in business would help also. Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 04:41 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,273,687 times
In my experience, you are better to visit various schools of business in the Cincinnati area, explain your situation and ask if they have a program that will fit your schedule.

I did the same thing when I decided to pursue a degree in accounting in St. Louis after ten years out of college (with no accounting classes). A number of schools did not have a program like that, a couple really didn't look interested and one basically introduced me to the dean, the department chairman, several professors, five students, and told me a way that I could finish in two years. I do not think that I would have gotten the same response had I called or e-mailed.

Old 01-25-2009, 09:19 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,829,421 times
Definitely inquire at both UC and Xavier. They're large enough schools to be able to offer something which could accommodate what you need. XU's business school is highly ranked nationally and moving up. Often credit is offered for prior course work as well as professional experience, which can provide a nice jump-start. But it happens all too much that you'll never know unless you ask.
The program at Thomas More is said to be excellent, but in the interest of full disclosure I should mention that my father's an instructor there. If location is an issue, many of the courses are offered at a satellite campus in Blue Ash as well as at the main campus in Kentucky. Mr/Ms Brooks, feel free to DM me if I can consult with Dad and provide you with more insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
View detailed profiles of: