Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 04:41 PM

47 posts, read 157,441 times

Advertisements

If you are an educated professional with a decent income, consider Wyoming, Mariemont, or Madeira for good small school districts.

Or for good larger school districts try Blue Ash (Sycamore schools), Montgomery, or Mason.

As a long time Cinci resident, teacher, and educational administrator, these are the only places I'd consider sending my kids to school (other than Indian Hill -- pristine wealthy estate area, or pricey prep schools like 7 Hills, CCD, or SCD)

I would avoid the Fairfield/Lakota school districts. Lots of people commute 15-30 minutes to work in Cinci. Once you find the right route it's not so bad commuting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 05:57 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,149,534 times
I would not avoid the Lakota district. Can you post reasons for why you believe it is subpar and should be avoided? Or is it simply that you're anti-suburbs and would prefer to keep people in Hamilton County? Whether you're an educator or not, I think it's a little ill-considered of you to put down an obviously highly-rated district such as Lakota.

And FYI...Mariemont?? It's hardly within an easy 30-minute drive of Fairfield.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:28 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,841,034 times
^ Can't he just have his own opinions from his own experiences. Mariemont is a good drive from Fairfield. Might as well live in Dayton. lol

Old 04-29-2009, 09:48 PM

1,597 posts, read 2,149,534 times
Of course he can have his own opinion. I just resent the implication that Lakota is somehow a bad school district. Besides, I think lakefront overlooked what the OP said about working in Fairfield. A commute to downtown is irrelevant.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:58 PM

450 posts, read 1,203,795 times
I have to agree Lakota has a great school system. Just courious why you don't think so.[I[/i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquila View Post
I would not avoid the Lakota district. Can you post reasons for why you believe it is subpar and should be avoided? Or is it simply that you're anti-suburbs and would prefer to keep people in Hamilton County? Whether you're an educator or not, I think it's a little ill-considered of you to put down an obviously highly-rated district such as Lakota.

And FYI...Mariemont?? It's hardly within an easy 30-minute drive of Fairfield.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:44 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,378,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theglassman View Post
Thank you!!

I have great deal to digest here as many of the names you gave me mean nothing...but I will be in the area this weekend so my wife and I can check out some of the areas you mentioned.

Since you were so helpful, let me be a little more specific. The house that I am selling, due to the downturn will only yield about $230,000.
Should it sell, what areas in or within 30 minutes from Fairfield can I go to to look for a 3 - 4 bedroom house for about this much money...or am I on a fools errand?
As my wife is pregnant, good schools, and a safe and quiet community are important to me.

Thanks again for your help.

S.G.
The market is so soft in Fairfield right now, you can do very well for 230K.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:01 PM

3 posts, read 11,829 times
My daughter with 3 little ones is looking for a 4 bedroom in Fairfield,
under $200,000.--If you can go just over $200,000.-- you should be able to contact any good real-Estate Agent and get one for that price-range, as that is what they are going for around here. There is an area off Gilmore Road, entered via Annandale Drive, that has these larger houses.
That's just north off the I-275 Exit #39 into Gilmore Rd. Also from I-75 get off at Exit 16 which is alsoExit 43 on the I-275-side... go West on I-275 to Exit 41, which states "Fairfield" that gets you into Dixie Highway (4) going north, past "Jungle Jim" [Google it], A unique store you will get to love, even if you don't move to Fairfield.
Pass it up 2 more short stoplights, and turn left at the GasStation into Nilles RD, [that's where Nilles Rd starts going west]
and follow it to downtown Fairfield,at Nilles Rd and Pleasant Ave.
Fairfield incorporated 50 years ago, has a fairly new great Community Arts Center right next to the busy Lane Library and Open-Air theatre and
small park, and across the street from Symmes Cafe/Tavern, A very busy large new Kroger and other stores, the new Justice Center, and Sacred Heart Church with it's School my grandaughters now attend.
The downtown has been so well planned on Wessel Drive and Nilles Road
you never have any trouble parking or have traffic hang-ups even at rush
hours. That downtown set-up is what I like, Medical offices, Post Office,
Arby's, etc., Pharmacies, Hardware store all at intersection Nilles and Pleasant Ave (127)---Pleasant goes South to Harbin Park and to the I-275 Exit #37.
Therefore the I-275 Exits 41, 39, +37, all lead going north into Fairfield,
Fairfield City that is ! Am not familiar with Fairfield Township, and would be careful to find out Liberty township's property tax base. I think it is much higher on the property tax.
Cincinnati is a collection of separate little Towns, and townships.
Wyoming has a very high taxbase, known to suppoort a good public school system. The Fairfield schoolsystem is o.k.. The parks are full of Soccer
teams in the summer, so busy, that's where you find traffic-jams Saturday
mornings. I think every child in Fairfield is signed up every year. and we have lots of good Parks around here, where they all practice and have play-offs and fun.
I moved here in 2001. Have not been sorry.
Crime ?... I live West of where Nilles Rd ends into River Rd and have not heard of break-ins. It is interesting that going into Fairfield via Dixie-Highway you are mostly in the Flats, right into downtown Fairfield center, what must have been the bottom of a huge Lake millions of years ago.
If you go north from downtown Fairfield either on Dixie Hwy(4) to Exit 41,
or on Winton into Gilmore Rd to Exit39, or on Pleasant/Hamilton Rd -Exit37 of I-275, you drive up into to the more hilly Cincinnati in Hamilton County.
Fairfield is in Butler County, and confusingly it's County seat is Hamilton,
a town about 5 miles up north, A totally different environment.
Wishing a good move and future !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati