Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 07:49 PM

1,716 posts, read 3,586,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
After years of construction, those living and working in Uptown will have to wait another five years for easier access to Interstate 75 northbound.

That’s because the city of Cincinnati and the Ohio Department of Transportation’s plan to build a $42 million connector bridge from I-74 in South Cumminsville to Central Parkway near Cincinnati State will delay the northbound ramp from Hopple to I-75 until 2020.
The move has drawn protests from Camp Washington manufacturing businesses that depend on I-75 to move their products.
Hopple Street interchange won?t fully open until 2020 and some businesses are protesting - Cincinnati Business Courier

This is the real "boondoggle" right here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 08:01 PM

9,259 posts, read 16,816,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
Too bad so much in Cincinnati seems to be on the back of a snail.

Old 04-15-2015, 10:06 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,841,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Luxury View Post
This is the real "boondoggle" right here.
What was not the real one?

I-75 both northbound and southbound students has used the Hopple exit since before the school was named Cincinnati state. I-74 student can use that very same exit. The kicker in this. The school will not contribute any money for this project.

The plan still needs approval. No way would the businesses in the area want the opening of the Hopple street interchange 4-5 years later.

Old 04-16-2015, 05:29 AM

610 posts, read 798,188 times
So silly. Cincy State students coming from 74 can just get off on Hopple and go up Central. That'll add....what...5 minutes or less to their commute. Complete waste of money.

Old 04-16-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unusualfire View Post
What was not the real one?

I-75 both northbound and southbound students has used the Hopple exit since before the school was named Cincinnati state. I-74 student can use that very same exit. The kicker in this. The school will not contribute any money for this project.

The plan still needs approval. No way would the businesses in the area want the opening of the Hopple street interchange 4-5 years later.
I hope the businesses Scream To High Heaven or at least start to look for new locations. We have several new businesses moving to Mason and it thrills me.

Old 04-16-2015, 11:25 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,842,530 times
Something tells me Deveroes or Urban Gear or whatever is NOT what Mason is looking for. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (One of their locations is right by the southbound 75 exit ramp.)
Besides, the rebellious Masonites (or whatever) who want to be hip-hop stylin' get more of a thrill out of rollin' to da hood to buy their overpriced rags anyway. "OMG dude, we saw Black people and everything but Casey was scared and we were using his dad's car so we didn't stick around."

Old 04-16-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Something tells me Deveroes or Urban Gear or whatever is NOT what Mason is looking for. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (One of their locations is right by the southbound 75 exit ramp.)
Besides, the rebellious Masonites (or whatever) who want to be hip-hop stylin' get more of a thrill out of rollin' to da hood to buy their overpriced rags anyway. "OMG dude, we saw Black people and everything but Casey was scared and we were using his dad's car so we didn't stick around."
Have many older simple ranch homes in the neighborhood I live in. Have noticed recently several of them being remodeled, at least on the exterior, nice looking places. Have also noticed many A-A families moving in. Don't know whether someone has purchased them as rentals or to sell. So don't knock Mason relative to Black families, more and more are moving here for the same reasons the rest of us are here. And as long as they pay their bills and behave like normal citizens I don't see a problem. You can keep your depressant comments to Boston.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:19 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,165,333 times
Amazing how Cranley et al call the streetcar "too expensive", "a boondoggle", etc.

And then support spending tens of millions of dollars to build this. That's city money, not ODOT.

A $42 million connector bridge.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH View Post
Amazing how Cranley et al call the streetcar "too expensive", "a boondoggle", etc.

And then support spending tens of millions of dollars to build this. That's city money, not ODOT.

A $42 million connector bridge.
And when you get a position as a public licensed contractor you will be eligible to speak. Until then you are just a wet-nursed-college kid making a Lot of NOISE.

Old 04-17-2015, 12:29 PM

3,513 posts, read 5,165,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbrill View Post
And when you get a position as a public licensed contractor you will be eligible to speak. Until then you are just a wet-nursed-college kid making a Lot of NOISE.
*Well-Rounded College Kid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati