Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you pick?? Houston or New Orleans
Houston 124 47.51%
New Orleans 119 45.59%
Neither;I'd rather put needles in my eyes because I'm just that pathetic. 18 6.90%
Voters: 261. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 05:41 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
NOLA, big time. Culture, charm, etc. I couldn't live there or in Houston because of the incessant humidity (which is already bad enough in N. Texas), but NOLA hands down. The only reason this poll is as it is - IS because of the tons of Houstonians on this forum. Look at the Texas forum and you'll see that San Antonio, then Houston have more people on this forum than any other of the large cities in Texas. CD is a haven for them, and they promote their cities with vigor. CD is like a chamber of commerce for them, lol.
Do you know me??? I just assumed you did because your just running your mouth as if you knew me and my intentions of starting this thread. Where do you see Houstonians boasting about their city and ****ting on NOLA in here??? It's been a pretty good running thread; don't ruin it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 05:43 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
New Orleans style food is so popular that even the side of the Popeye's chicken box says New Orleans style lol. Never once heard of something referenced as Houston style. Houston like most sun belt cities doesn't have a true big city life. Really NY & Chicago are good points of comparison as to if a place has a big city life or not. Please don't tell me Houston compares to either.
That's great and all but I'm saying that Houston has much to offer when it comes to cuisines. You will get better Mexican, Tex-Mex, and BBQ in Houston than you would in New Orleans. I know what type of city Houston is. It's still a big city with big city amenities. To stay otherwise is just false. It's not a small city. It's not a medium sized city. It is a big city and I would never compare Houston those cities as I prefer those cities to Houston anyway.

Old 06-18-2010, 05:45 PM

20,514 posts, read 33,519,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post

Most of the people from those cities subscribe to threads and have autobots out for when the words "Houston" appear, and they're on that thread like white on rice. You may think I'm joking but I'm serious.
And that's the sad part. I really do believe you're joking though.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:04 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,949,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
The humidity is no better in NOLA either.
You are certainly correct; it's about the same in both cities. But I have to say that it is NOT much better in the DFW area either. It's HOTTER here in the Summer but the humidity is slightly lower. The Summer here really sucks.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:16 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,400,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
You should have been listeniing to Power 102.9 (Hot 104.5's replacement.)
Q93 sucks like any other Clear Channel station, although they do run a 2 or 3 hour program on Sunday evenings featuring only Louisiana artists called 504 Radio.
Right, right...I do remember 104.5 now! Thanks for the info.

Old 06-18-2010, 08:28 PM

6 posts, read 9,422 times
Sorry but New Orleans is overrated

Old 06-18-2010, 09:41 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,518,195 times
Overall I'd have to go with Houston. .

Old 06-18-2010, 10:24 PM

492 posts, read 1,149,495 times
NO and Hou are both great cities.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:38 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Not in 2005 and NO hasn't been the murder capitol of the country since the mid 90s, I believe. From 1/1/05 to 8/28/05, Houston saw an increase in crime in just about every statistic imagined. Now in 2004 it was low. But in 2005 it was not and it was not because of Katrina.
Keep telling yourself that.

When you have several hundred thousand people in an already crime ravaged city fleeing to another city with an already above average crime rate the end result is a recipe for disaster & that's clearly what happened with the NOLA aka No Law Katrina refugee camp in Houston.

BTW where is Obama at now in helping Louisiana? This BP disaster is Obama's Katrina.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:42 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Culture: New Orleans
Economy Houston
Education: tie
Food: almost a tie, NO with a slight edge
Healthcare: HOU
Nightlife: NO
Shopping: HOU
Transit: tie
Weather: tie

TIE. Honestly, if you didn't know that you were in Texas and if the accents, occasional cowboy attire, and giant lone stars were taken away; Houston could easily be mistaken for Louisiana.
here we go with the accents thing again.....lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City