Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bigger media presence??
Atlanta 52 50.98%
Miami 50 49.02%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 06:21 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,704 times

Advertisements

The average person will say Miami and i think its in the media a little more but Atlanta is definitely up there with cnn and tyler perry ect.

btw the soul train awards need to come to chicago, thats where the show started!

mas23
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 08:17 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,089,126 times
it seems like most of whats going on with cnn is happening in NYC and DC not atlanta. Cnn has headquarters in those cities and tapes its main shows in those cities

Old 06-23-2010, 08:26 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,181,390 times
^ Thats what I'm saying like, most people don't know CNN has anything to do with Atlanta. I'm going to be honest, when I first saw the CNN channel I thought it was in Manhattan.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:57 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,760,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
^ Thats what I'm saying like, most people don't know CNN has anything to do with Atlanta. I'm going to be honest, when I first saw the CNN channel I thought it was in Manhattan.
I thought it was in LA.

Old 06-23-2010, 08:58 PM

7 posts, read 10,585 times
^ Lol, see what I'm saying, people don't realize CNN is in Atlanta. That could be good or bad.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:05 PM

213 posts, read 420,948 times
The main news rooms are located in Atlanta it's the offficial headquarters CNN international is broadcast right here in Atlanta..

Old 06-23-2010, 09:06 PM

I'm not taking anything away from Atlanta, I think it's awesome that they broadcast CNN in their city, I was just stating the fact that most people don't even realize CNN is from ATL.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:07 PM

213 posts, read 420,948 times
Who are most people???

Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,099,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
it seems like most of whats going on with cnn is happening in NYC and DC not atlanta. Cnn has headquarters in those cities and tapes its main shows in those cities
Umm only 3 primetime shows are shot in NY and the Situation room is shot in DC, most of CNN airing and shows label “new room” is shot in Atlanta and they say it every 15 seconds “live from are world headquarters in Atlanta” this is everything from CNN morning to Rick’s list. Let me also point that most of HLN, CNN Español, CNN international and etc is shot in Atlanta as well. Beside CNN don’t forget the other tuner system networks. TBS, TNT, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, truTV, and TCM are all base here, and also their’s the Weather channel located in the suburbs.

Away from the Tuner system. Cox Enterprises own 8 new papers, Cox Communications the 3rd largest cable provider, fifteen television stations and 86 radio stations across the country. Atlanta is actually a media hub, Miami isn’t it’s the setting of some thing in pop culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clean.polo View Post
I'm not taking anything away from Atlanta, I think it's awesome that they broadcast CNN in their city, I was just stating the fact that most people don't even realize CNN is from ATL.
People who don't pay attention don't know CNN is located in Atlanta again "live from are world headquarters in Atlanta”

YouTube - CNN All Access The CNN Center

Old 06-23-2010, 09:50 PM

Yeah, I mean people who watch CNN should know it's in Atlanta, but if you never watch it and someone goes "I was watching CNN the other day and....." usually people think New York City.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City